Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭weemcd

Dean09 wrote: »
    What an idiot. There's absolutely no excuse for missing weight that many times. Especially since it already cost him his job in the UFC. He really is un-dependable.

Guy should step up and fight athletes his own size, at this stage he is basically refusing to make weight and surrendering a portion of his purse to carry his size and weight advantage into the fight. Why should another fighter sweat, drain and boil themselves down to make a weigh in when this disrespectful clown obviously won't bother?

Have to say seeing Vitor smash him was a guilty pleasure. The mentality of those two fighters could not be more different.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Apparently something happened last night backstage involving Mayhem and Dana has fired him because of it. No details as of yet but some people are saying there was a brawl involving Mayhem and Dolloways cornermen.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Yeah he's gone. The fact he has gassed in his last 2 fights after 3 mins didn't help. That coupled with the piss taking at the weigh-in doesn't look good. But apparently there was an incident back stage too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Middle Easy's Sunday morning rumour mill could shed some light on what happened. Plus, Arriany was arrested for domestic abuse :eek: 1st I heard of it.
    Update: On the Mayhem item, it appears that everything seems to be accurate except for the incident with CB Dollaway. That's why it's a rumor, these things are placed here to be debunked or verified.
    • Before we get into the entire Mayhem Miller thing, let me restate that the Mayhem Miller vs. LayzieTheSavage beef is nonexistent. It died when I scheduled Layzie to interview Mayhem regarding his new Airwalk contract earlier this year. What I didn't publish is that towards the end of the interview, both parties apologized for acting out of character regarding the entire gym incident that happened in 2010. We hope Mayhem recovers from his loss and continues to have a prosper career, with anything he wants to achieve. With that said, here's what was rumored to happen during Mayhem Miller's backstage incident. When CB Dollaway did his post-fight interview with Joe Rogan, Mayhem slowly walked to the back of the Octagon and rested his arms on the top of the cage. His head was hung pretty low, so Mark Munoz and Ryan Parsons consulted him inside the cage. They eventually walked out and Mayhem Miller had an 'incident' before the post-fight medical check-up with one of the staff members working at UFC 146. Apparently when Mayhem walked backstage after the bout, he sat down against a wall, probably reflecting on his fight with CB Dollaway. Someone backstage (not sure if it was MGM or UFC staff) asked Mayhem to 'clear the path' and get out of the corridor. Mayhem either didn't hear him or simply was wrapped-up in his own thoughts to care. The staff member then tried to pat him on the back in order to encourage him to move. It's rumored Mayhem Miller quickly got up, yelled at the staff member and then kicked over a table. A few UFC employees questioned why he did it, and apparently he got in a verbal altercation with them. At the post-fight screening, Mayhem starting yelling at CB regarding the decision and threw an object at him. Dollaway continued to sit down and get checked out by the doctor. Mayhem then went into the locker room, gathered his belongings and left the MGM Grand Garden Arena. The UFC couldn't even contact him for his post-fight quote. Nothing physical happened, just mayhem. It's also apparent that Mayhem Miller was on his way out of the UFC if he lost at UFC 146, this incident didn't cause him being cut from the promotion. We also talked with CB Dollaway after the fight, and he still seemed pretty heated after the backstage verbal exchange. We'll post the entire interview later today on MiddleEasy.
    • Shinya Aoki vs. Sakuraba at the next DREAM event isn't as definite as some people believe.
    • Bellator forced the director of The Reem to remove footage from the promotion in his newly created Eddie Alvarez documentary that was exclusively published on MiddleEasy last week.
    • Brock Lesnar was in attendance at UFC 146 and he was talking to Lorenzo Fertitta. Dana White suggested he would be open to a dual WWE/UFC contract for the former UFC heavyweight champion -- so come to your own conclusions. Also, Lorenzo Fertitta dresses like Tony Stark.
    • Chael Sonnen had a good time during UFC 146. Let's leave it at that :)
    • Apparently Junior dos Santos was dealing with a minor respiratory illness leading up to UFC 146.
    • Rashad Evans is not stepping in for Vitor Belfort in order to fight Wanderlei Silva.
    • Many Brazilian media members on press row were warned by the UFC to act more professional. Personally, I saw a Brazilian journalist ask a UFC staff member if she could use his camera to take picture with him and Bigfoot Silva backstage before his UFC 146 fight. A few Brazilian media members were also filming the fight on their iPhone until reprimanded by ZUFFA for doing so. I even witnessed someone from the press switch his cageside seat with his friend who was sitting in the upper-stands at the MGM Grand Garden arena. From what I saw last night, a large portion of Brazilian media are whackos. Not all, but a lot. If you're looking for legit Brazilian MMA media, look no further than MMA-Brasil. Undoubtedly the best in South America.
    • From what I've heard backstage, I would not be surprised if Alistair Overeem gets an immediate title shot once his suspension is up.
    • It appears Mark Pavelich still intends to sell his Canadian promotion, MFC.
    • You probably saw this coming, but Bellator and TNA wrestling are interested in signing Josh Barnett to a deal similar to King Mo's contract once Barnett is finished with his ZUFFA obligations.
    • At the BJJ Expo in Long Beach, California earlier this month, Renanto Laranja and Nate Diaz got into a little 'altercation' at the OTM booth. Video of this incident has been floating around the internet, but the joke is on you. It was all staged. You've all been trolled.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Does Dana White still include the backstage footage of medical check ups in his Video Blogs? We might get to see some of what went on if he does!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

he does, but hes a bit selective of then the videos are released, we dont get them after every event

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

pauldoo wrote: »
    he does, but hes a bit selective of then the videos are released, we dont get them after every event

We've had them for the last few vlogs from what I can remember. I doubt he'll release any footage of Mayhem though, nothing to paint UFC in a bad light

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hUDUU2GD6I&feature=player_embedded

New budweiser add with seagal, silva, mirigliata, buffer and Machidas da!

LINK
    Jason Miller hasn't had a good week.
    The former host of MTV's 'Bully Beatdown' pledged to quit MMA if he lost to C.B. Dollaway at UFC 146, and after rocking "The Doberman" twice on the feet, and despite coming into the bout shredded, he would go on to get outwrestled for three rounds and lose a unanimous decision. Afterwards, Dana White said Miller was 'done with the UFC' and even alluded to a backstage incident.
    During an appearance on The MMA Hour today, "Mayhem" cleared the air and confirmed that he'll be stepping away from the sport.
    "Yeah, I said I would [retire] and so I am. I didn't get the job done and that's what I'm saying. I'm done for right now. Who knows what the future holds but at the same time, what's the point?"
    Miller was distant and cryptic at times during the conversation, talking about jumping off a bridge, then correcting himself and saying "base jumping' when asked for clarification.
    'Mayhem' also had plenty to say about the reported backstage incident that had Dana White all fired up.
    star-divide.v5e9d7f1.jpg
    Despite rumors, the incident had nothing to do with his opponent C.B. Dollaway backstage, it had more to do with Miller's entrance.
    "It was my mask. Burt [Watson] suddenly started yelling about my mask. I had a gas mask for the troops underneath my paper bag, and Burt started telling me right as I'm walking out for the fight. I'm trying to get focused instead of arguing about a paper bag. Maybe it was my fault. I thought we had an understanding once I start walking out to the cage and then now I'm working, but obviously we're not on a playing field of mutual respect."
    The nearly 12 year fight veteran has become rather popular for his pre-fight cage entrances, so it's not surprising that he would be upset when things were changed at the last minute.
    "I wish I would have heard about it before so it would be easier to deal with. But here I am walking to the cage, and suddenly I started getting yelled at. I'm like ‘what, I'm trying to focus here.' Whatever. Things don't always go the way you want. That's life and you have to deal with it."
    While most fighters seemingly feel empty when they walk away from the sport, Miller actually sounded relieved when talking about his decision and his newfound freedom.
    "I feel free in a weird way. Like in the strangest way, I feel free and I know that sounds strange when I've devoted my entire life to fighting, but I feel like my life is unlocked for a whole other set of adventures. I don't feel the need to super-impress one person in particular, make them happy. I can focus on making myself happy and I don't have the pressures of a commissioner chasing me around with a piss cup or the pressures of everyone verbally abusing me for my missteps via social media. I feel like a weight is lifted."

After his last 2 performances it's probably for the best that he rtires or at least takes a break for a while to try get back in the game. But he's going nowhere if he continued on with his current form.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Dana keeps insisting Cormier should drop to lhw. I wonder does he know of Cormiers past problems with his organs from cutting weight, or is he just sh*tting himself that Jon Jones won't have any challengers left?

• Advertisement

Ush1 wrote: »
    Dana keeps insisting Cormier should drop to lhw. I wonder does he know of Cormiers past problems with his organs from cutting weight, or is he just sh*tting himself that Jon Jones won't have any challengers left?

Yeah it seems unfair that he want's Cormier to drop to 205 when his kidney failed when dropping to 211. As much as I'd like to see that fight, Cormier has to have health first, money second.
    It's not like he's in a Roy Nelson situation either, he's shown he can hang with the top guys even with the height difference.

Yeah it seems unfair that he want's Cormier to drop to 205 when his kidney failed when dropping to 211. As much as I'd like to see that fight, Cormier has to have health first, money second.
    It's not like he's in a Roy Nelson situation either, he's shown he can hang with the top guys even with the height difference.

I think Cormier carries a good bit of extra weight so could perhaps take the long road to 205?

Although at 33 maybe it might be a bit too late to be doing such things?

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I think Cormier carries a good bit of extra weight so could perhaps take the long road to 205?

Yeah I reckon he could do it in the long run healthily.
    Until he starts to show some weaknesses fighting the big guys then I don't see the problem.

Rumours abound that Anderson Silva has suffered a knee injury in training and COULD be out of the Sonnen fight.

No confirmation of anything just yet

Rumours abound that Anderson Silva has suffered a knee injury in training and COULD be out of the Sonnen fight.

No confirmation of anything just yet

I just saw that on BJ Penn.com.
    He tweeted this a while later though:
    Anderson later on tweeted a picture of himself training and stated
    Gennnteeee meu joelho vai muito bem obrigado!!!! fiquem tranqüilos dia 7 de Julho estarei cumprindo meu trabalho.osss
    Translation attempt: ”People, my knee is doing very good thank you. Remain calm in July 7 I’ll be doing my job – oss

So hopefully it's nothing serious. I'd hate it if this fight was postponed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

It's bad enough that Cruz blew his knee... If Silva pulls out of this fight I *might just cry!

*this may mean definitely!

Dojojo wrote:
    Dropping to 205 and cutting to 205 and not the same thing. His kidney failed from repeatedly cutting from 245lbs to 211lbs. That's a massive cut, 34lbs. He was 238lbs vrs Barnett. And carrying quite a bit of body fat.

To make a transition to 205, he need to lose 20-30lbs in weight and cut to leave a easy cut to 205.
    I don't think losing that much weight is a big ask at 33 years old. He has it to spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

Dean09 wrote: »
    I just saw that on BJ Penn.com.
    He tweeted this a while later though:

So hopefully it's nothing serious. I'd hate it if this fight was postponed.

If Silva is injured I'd prefer to see the fight postponed. Sonnen nearly scraped it last time due to Silva fighting injured, and I'd quite like to see anderson smash him properly this time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Ace after stepping in against Wandy with Vitor out
    http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-147-fight-card-updates

• Advertisement

Nice!

I really like Franklin! He's such a solid guy, always steps up and it always exciting. I actually like this fight much better than the Vitor fight, which I saw as a one sided shalacking by Vitor!

The first Ace v Wandi fight was a good one too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Really hope Franklin wins the fight. He was unlucky that Anderson is the champ as he could still be champion and would of had better fights then taking on fighter with size advantages.
    Hope he makes a good run for the title and Anderson moves up as that's the old way he gets the gold.

Yeah Franklin seems like a really nice down to earth guy. I always enjoy watching him fight. I hope he takes this one. It could be Wandys last fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭weemcd

Smart move by Franklin if he's in shape, and I'm a Wanderlei fan

To be fair, its just a cautionary measure until he gets it x-rayed. 6 fighter got similar bans. Hopefully its nothing.
    More importantly, hopefully the media do their job for once and wait for confirmation before reporting.

Mellor wrote: »
    To be fair, its just a cautionary measure until he gets it x-rayed. 6 fighter got similar bans. Hopefully its nothing.
    More importantly, hopefully the media do their job for once and wait for confirmation before reporting.

Media do this a lot, nice big headline that hes out for 6 months, but fail to mention a doctors note can let me fight much sooner

Cote in to fight chung le, glad cote got back in, would like to see him do well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Cote v Le will be decent scrap. Not bad. Cote have size advantage?

I see Carwin is cleared to start training, looking forward to see who the UFC put him in against.

Say CHEEEEEEESE!!!

JONES-MUG.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I think Wandy vs Franklin is a pretty terrible main event. I thought the card was a bit lack lustre even before Belfort dropped out after Silva Sonnen 2 was moved to Vegas.

I like watching Werdum fight but over all it's very mediocre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,197 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Say CHEEEEEEESE!!!

JONES-MUG.jpg

Apparently he had 2 girls in the car at the time. And neither was his fiance... :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement