Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

ASOT wrote: »
    Well it does say

"Check out this Close Up Interview we did with Chris prior to him entering the TUF house."

They are being a bit economical with the word prior then!. He named Cathal Pendred as someone that would hopefully follow Conor into the ufc and said the home scene is a bit over saturated with MMA events and named CC as the leading force. Seems to be around the time of the Brimmage fight so circa Apr 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

califano wrote: »
    They are being a bit economical with the word prior then!. He named Cathal Pendred as someone that would hopefully follow Conor into the ufc and said the home scene is a bit over saturated with MMA events and named CC as the leading force. Seems to be around the time of the Brimmage fight so circa Apr 2013

Your just nitpicking at something that's absolutely pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Neil Seery v Chris Beal added to the UFC Sweden card.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

Throwing Seery to the wolves.

Chris Beal will challenge for the title in future

• Registered Users Posts: 23,826 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Chris Beal will challenge for the title in future

I dunno
    he was poor enough last time out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

This CM Punk thing reeks of desperation.

When the biggest MMA ppv of the year was between two absolute hasbeens like Bonner and Tito then the UFC must be wondering Wtf is going on.

Then when you consider that the biggest MMA ppv of all time featured wwe wrestler Brock Lesnar then maybe you can understand what they're up to.

But at least Brock was freakishly big and had a massive amateur wrestling background and went into an absolutely woeful heavyweight division.

Punk will be going into what, middleweight or welterweight? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Dana has already stated that they won't push Punk like they did with brock. He will never fight a top 10 guy

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I just watched an interview between this CM Punk fella (never heard of him before) and Ariel. Actually seems like a good dude who wants to give it a go. UFC will make some money from his WWE fame and this fella gets a chance at fighting so why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭p to the e

mailburner wrote: »
    I dunno
    he was poor enough last time out

I think this fight is his Flyweight debut so he may have felt a little under sized last time. Hopefully the bigger weight cut doesn't affect his gas tank because Seery will keep him moving. I can see Seery needing his takedown defence a lot in this fight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

p to the e wrote: »
    Hopefully the bigger weight cut doesn't affect his gas tank

Hopefully it does, more like. :pac:

Its going to be a tough fight for Seery either way, Beal looks like a great talent, may have slightly tinted glasses on about this due to his debut KO/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Ufc have announced uniforms incoming. Also announced fighters will no longer be allowed to sell sponsorship patches on the shorts but fighters will be reimbursed from the rebok deal. Seems fishy to me tbh how much will they reimburse fighters and who decides how much is fair.

Ufc have announced uniforms incoming. Also announced fighters will no longer be allowed to sell sponsorship patches on the shorts but fighters will be reimbursed from the rebok deal. Seems fishy to me tbh how much will they reimburse fighters and who decides how much is fair.

This was announced last week, As far as what the fighters get itl be depended on how there ranked. All the money from the deal will be going to fighters which is decent enough, just it being based on rankings is poxy.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

ASOT wrote: »
    This was announced last week, As far as what the fighters get itl be depended on how there ranked. All the money from the deal will be going to fighters which is decent enough, just it being based on rankings is poxy.
    I wonder how this ranking thing will work? Will Mighty Mouse get the same as Rousey/Cain (all divisional champs) or more since he is higher in the P4P? And so on

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

I wonder how this ranking thing will work? Will Mighty Mouse get the same as Rousey/Cain (all divisional champs) or more since he is higher in the P4P? And so on

Wouldn't Mighty Mouse have one of if not the most lucrative sponsor in Microsoft/Xbox already ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Wouldn't Mighty Mouse have one of if not the most lucrative sponsor in Microsoft/Xbox already ?
    You think? I couldnt imagine they would pay that much sponsorship to a guy almost no one actually wants to look at (no offense to MM but the people leaving before the main event and PPV numbers speak for themselves).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

580816.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

i would imagine all the champs being on 1 tier, then maybe top 5 next tier, next 5/10 another tier and so on. End of the day what fighters earn really isn't any concern to me, I just want to see them fight and don't care if its Reebok,Tapout or whatever

Rogan being brutally honest with Shaub atm on his podcast , very intresting

• Advertisement

Rogan being brutally honest with Shaub atm on his podcast , very intresting

do tell?

If he was being honest he must have been sayign that sChaub is terribad

• Registered Users Posts: 39,025 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

You think? I couldnt imagine they would pay that much sponsorship to a guy almost no one actually wants to look at (no offense to MM but the people leaving before the main event and PPV numbers speak for themselves).
    They are sponsoring the uniforms as a whole, not the fighters.
    Champs get the most, then
    Tier 1: Top 5
    Tier 2: 6-15
    Tier 3: Unranked

do tell?

If he was being honest he must have been sayign that sChaub is terribad

Pretty much , said he hasn't the movement of an elite fighter , his wrestling , stand up and ground game are not good enough at the top end of the game.

It was pretty brutal and felt like an intervention, but he is a lucky guy having friends like Callen and Rogan they really seem to care about the guy and his health

Jens Pulver fighting on One FC in Feb in Jakarta.
    Found out about last week but had to wait for it to go public.

Mellor wrote: »
    Jens Pulver fighting on One FC in Feb in Jakarta.
    Found out about last week but had to wait for it to go public.

Christ. Fair play to him to keep going.
    He must be forty odd at this stage

Christ. Fair play to him to keep going.
    He must be forty odd at this stage
    It was his 40th birthday last weekend

Just checked wikipedia and he's been fighting with one for while?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Had a few fights with them alright. I dunno, he must be stuck for a few bob. Only won 5 of his last 20 fights, Just retire Jens!

He fought on OneFC before, but he retired last year.
    But he still had a fight on his One contract and they talked him around.

From hearing him talk about it, he's basically fought his whole life and hanging up the gloves is like saying his life is over.
    TimRiggins wrote: »
    Had a few fights with them alright. I dunno, he must be stuck for a few bob. Only won 5 of his last 20 fights, Just retire Jens!
    I think its a bit higher than that. 5 in his last 10, 7 or 8 in his last 20.
    But it's not good, but a long stretch.
    His second UFC run, and WEC run were not good. But look who he lost to, BJ Penn, Joe Lauzon, Uriah Faber (twice).

I don't agree with the return, but I'd love him to get a win and call it at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Mellor wrote: »
    He fought on OneFC before, but he retired last year.
    But he still had a fight on his One contract and they talked him around.

From hearing him talk about it, he's basically fought his whole life and hanging up the gloves is like saying his life is over.

I think its a bit higher than that. 5 in his last 10, 7 or 8 in his last 20.
    But it's not good, but a long stretch.
    His second UFC run, and WEC run were not good. But look who he lost to, BJ Penn, Joe Lauzon, Uriah Faber (twice).

I don't agree with the return, but I'd love him to get a win and call it at that.

But look at the other guys he's lost too, that no one has or ever will hear of.

I don't hate Jens, thought he was good in TUF season 5 and wanted him to beat BJ. He needs to realise that they are different careers in MMA that he can do, as his fighting career was finished in 2007.

In saying all that, I do hope he gets the W and is able to finish his career on a high.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement