Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Soszynski talks about his retirement here. Scary stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

ok he says he suffering from memory loss but he's acting now and been in a few films?He's memory must be someway good.

I not disputing what he's saying if he is getting head trouble from punches he def should not be fighting.I wish him well in career.I remember him from TUF a very nice guy

• Registered Users Posts: 39,140 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

dave1982 wrote: »
    ok he says he suffering from memory loss but he's acting now and been in a few films?He's memory must be someway good.
    You don't need to remember lines for a movie as with a play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Really scary stuff. Bas and kenny's lighthearted quips seemed slightly inappropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,522 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

He glossed over the fact he couldn't remember what he did two days ago. That unsettled me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Glock Lesnar

I hope Soszynski recovers he came across well on TUF and he seems intelligent enough to get a coaching or marketing job.

I hope Soszynski recovers he came across well on TUF and he seems intelligent enough to get a coaching or marketing job.

I think I read somewhere that he got a job at the UFC gym. Not sure in what capacity, perfecting an intimidating look maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

He's on a tear and it's hard to argue with that but I don't think Johnson is a serious contender at 205, he's big and powerful but an elite fighter like Gustafsson will finish him and make it look easy. Phil Davis hasn't improved since he beat Gustafsson in 2010 and beating Lil Nog isn't the achievement it used to be.

Johnson v Gustafsson is a good fight that will draw PPV viewers, I don't think we're losing a contender because unless he beats Gustafsson Johnson isn't really one to begin with.

wouldn't think there would be much between rumble and gus myself
    rumbles striking is on par at the very least with gus imo and I just
    can't see how gus would beat him easily
    hasnt been tested yet either so who knows how good he is
    i'd love to see rumble get texeira myself

mailburner wrote: »
    wouldn't think there would be much between rumble and gus myself
    rumbles striking is on par at the very least with gus imo and I just
    can't see how gus would beat him easily
    hasnt been tested yet either so who knows how good he is
    i'd love to see rumble get texeira myself

Nobody in the LHW is a better technical striker than Gustafsson, his body/head combinations and footwork in the Jones fight are some of the best examples of sound boxing in MMA history. Rumble hits like a truck but he can't put combinations together like Gus can, there also won't be as much of a takedown threat as there was against Jones allowing Gus to throw his hands more freely.

Sometimes when striking to the body Gus tends to leave his head forward down which can leave him open to getting caught by something but he's noticeably cleaning up his technique in every fight.

You can never rule AJ out because of his pure athleticism and power but he's not technically on the same level.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Nobody in the LHW is a better technical striker than Gustafsson, his body/head combinations and footwork in the Jones fight are some of the best examples of sound boxing in MMA history. Rumble hits like a truck but he can't put combinations together like Gus can, there also won't be as much of a takedown threat as there was against Jones allowing Gus to throw his hands more freely.

Sometimes when striking to the body Gus tends to leave his head forward down which can leave him open to getting caught by something but he's noticeably cleaning up his technique in every fight.

You can never rule AJ out because of his pure athleticism and power but he's not technically on the same level.

You're right

not as technical
    way I see it is more technical v hits harder/quicker hands
    I'd back rumble over 3, gus possibly over 5
    went from hoping this doesnt happen to the opposite now :)

I do think gus is the man most likely to beat jones though
    I'm sure plenty disagree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

dave1982 wrote: »
    wow

10443615_584925161618971_4489872736003775281_n.jpg

What am I looking at here?

MrStuffins wrote: »
    What am I looking at here?

Pendred fan art.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,571 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It's actually Cathal himself, some artist asked if she could paint his face and he obliged.

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Pendred fan art.
    sheehy83 wrote: »
    It's actually Cathal himself, some artist asked if she could paint his face and he obliged.

blue-man-head-copy1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,755 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I thought it was Bigfoot silva

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Daley with another KO the weekend, cant wait to see him run through Bellators welterweight division! His last BAMMA fight is on the 17th of next month, probably the last time to see him this side of the world.

10603221_911181785565387_8282233377309033332_n.jpg?oh=eea9fe32bcb13a38a1fcfe758d604a89&oe=547FB192

Bellator ain't challenging UFC any time soon but Daley fighting Baroni, Parysian, Zaromskis, Hawn or Lima would be a lot of fun!

Bellator ain't challenging UFC any time soon but Daley fighting Baroni, Parysian, Zaromskis, Hawn or Lima would be a lot of fun!

Would love to see the lima fight myself, i can see him back in the UFC if this bellator run goes to plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

ah Karo Parysian.... so much potential. Was never in great shape. He was the first guy I remember really using Judo effectively in the UFC. Some amazing throws and finishes, I used to try and copy his stuff all the time.

Croker aiming for Daley v Manhoef, Dont rate melvin that highly but hes entertaining to watch. Would say Daley will go through him though.

• Advertisement

Eddie Alvarez officially released from Bellator also, theres some good match ups for him in the UFC.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2168407-bellator-officially-releases-bellator-champ-eddie-alvarez

ASOT wrote: »
    Croker aiming for Daley v Manhoef, Dont rate melvin that highly but hes entertaining to watch. Would say Daley will go through him though.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Paul-Daley-Says-Potential-Bellator-Fight-with-Melvin-Manhoef-Will-Not-Be-Happening-72093#IohdeGbYuBGfgBAx.01

Daley says he won't fight a mentor, more likely he won't fight someone with a superior stand-up pedigree.

Eddie Alvarez officially released from Bellator also, theres some good match ups for him in the UFC.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2168407-bellator-officially-releases-bellator-champ-eddie-alvarez

Raging this wasn't done in time to get matched up with Cowboy at UFC 178

Raging this wasn't done in time to get matched up with Cowboy at UFC 178

Yeah so am I, would have loved it. Hopefully he gets a decent fight. Johnson or Barboza would be a good fight for him. I reckon hes gonna do well in the division but imo its onyl a matter of time before Khabib cleans out the division.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

Ask and ye shall recieve

"Congrats @Ealvarezfight you are finally a UFC fighter!!! Cerrone vs Alvarez #UFC178 #Vegas http://at.ufc.com/B831"

Gotta feel for Bobby Green here, stepped in on such short notice in his last fight while he had some serious **** going down, wins, gets the Cowboy fight & now gets dropped for Alavrez? Im looking forward to it obviously but thats bad form.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Gotta feel for Bobby Green here, stepped in on such short notice in his last fight while he had some serious **** going down, wins, gets the Cowboy fight & now gets dropped for Alavrez? Im looking forward to it obviously but thats bad form.

I agree reckon if Green overcame Cerrone he'd have needed another fight, but I guess this will be sold as a title eliminator bout? Wonder if Green will get another fight too.

I agree reckon if Green overcame Cerrone he'd have needed another fight, but I guess this will be sold as a title eliminator bout? Wonder if Green will get another fight too.

Iv just looked at the top contenders and its fairly stacked at lightweight. Khabib, Henderson, Green, Cowboy & Alvarez are all on streaks and should be considered for a shot. Some more than most e.g henderson had his chance. Would love to see Khabib fight Green if Cowboy/Alvarez is a title eliminator. Then the winner of that gets the shot after.

Maybe its just the love for his papakha but i think Khabib would beat everyone in the division including Pettis. Just needs one more test at a higher level with green being that test. But imo hes the future star of the LW division.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

Winner of this is right in the title picture, only Gil and Henderson would be ahead by my estimate, Gil fights Pettis next. Henderson will be a while before he gets another title shot, very unpopular champion if memory serves correct. Basically after Melendez has his shot it's open season for next challenger

• Advertisement

Iv just looked at the top contenders and its fairly stacked at lightweight. Khabib, Henderson, Green, Cowboy & Alvarez are all on streaks and should be considered for a shot. Some more than most e.g henderson had his chance. Would love to see Khabib fight Green if Cowboy/Alvarez is a title eliminator. Then the winner of that gets the shot after.

Maybe its just the love for his papakha but i think Khabib would beat everyone in the division including Pettis. Just needs one more test at a higher level with green being that test. But imo hes the future star of the LW division.

Khabib looks the real deal. The fight with Cerrone planned for UFC 178 would've put him up there for the next shot (after Gil). I can't wait to see him fight the top guys

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement