Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

Yeah I think Cormier has come off the lesser in all this. Jones is a lot smarter than most people realise.

Yeah Jones is a smart operator all right. He controls himself very well in these interviews while getting under peoples skin by doing it. He's definitely putting on the whole nice guy thing, he's not that good an actor but its pretty effective at getting to DC. And come fight night I'd wager DC is gonna be decidedly more affected than him by all the exchanges.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,920 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Prob one of the best fights i've ever seen

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Zambidis has some of the best highlight reels going.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

K-1 an organisation that is very much missed. Thankfully, its demise wasn't anything to do with Zuffa taking it over.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,190 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Meta 4 kicking off now.
    Chael, Lister, Barnatt, Galvao..."let's take all the drugs"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

$30 for the stream? I think ill pass!

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

It was $20 last year and just about worth it. Very high quality HD stream (once they sorted the initial bugs). $30 is a bit steep IMO.

Zambidis has some of the best highlight reels going.

Hooks and flying knees. I still remember his fight with Satoro Suzuki in 2005. He was just mixing head kicks and hooks with ease. Great guy to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,678 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hunt clears up unemployment confusion.

"Looking forward to japan sept 20 troops sorry about unemployment tweet I was hungry no carbs"

Ha???

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Where's the best place to watch old ufc, pride and k-1 events? Not looking for any in particular just all of them really.

Apart from singular fights and highlights on youtube can't find any pre ufc100 or pride cards at all. There's no box sets on amazon/ebay only singular dvds at around €10 a pop.

Does fight pass contain the whole ufc and pride back catalogue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,261 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Does fight pass contain the whole ufc and pride back catalogue?

Yup, pretty much all Pride, Strikeforce, EliteXC, UFC etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

That Zambidis fight is incredible, Chahid looked like he had been shot in the face at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Yup, pretty much all Pride, Strikeforce, EliteXC, UFC etc.

Brilliant :D I know what I'm going to watch all day tomorrow

Paddy Holohan on the mma hour tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,261 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Paddy Holohan on the mma hour tomorrow!

Superb, entertainment gold.

He's absolutely brimming with that crazy personality, and it seems so much more genuine that McGregor who (IMO) gives the impression of playing the media game a fair bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Just got around to watching Metamoris 4 and I can't wait for the next one, it was great fun and really well done production wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Davei141 wrote: »
    Just got around to watching Metamoris 4 and I can't wait for the next one, it was great fun and really well done production wise.

Yeah i enjoyed it myself! Barnett pulling off the upset was amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,536 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Can somebody explain how Chael could compete? I thought his ban was from all martial arts competition, not just MMA.

Can somebody explain how Chael could compete? I thought his ban was from all martial arts competition, not just MMA.

His Lawyers said the NSAC doesnt have any authority over grappling atall.

""There is no dispute that the NSAC has no jurisdiction or authority to regulate, license or sanction jiu-jitsu and other forms of grappling. Moreover, jiu-jitsu does not fall within the Nevada definition of unarmed combat because it does not involve ‘blows’ of any kind. Likewise, it would be a violation of due process to expand the interpretation of ‘fighting’ broader than the statutory definition of unarmed combat. In our view, there could be no violation under NRS 467.885 as any interpretation to include jiu-jitsu or grappling would be outside of the NSAC’s jurisdiction and constitute an invalid order."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Jeff glover is a twat despite his technical ability.

Disengaging constantly and seemingly not taking his competitor seriously is an insult to the sport.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Paddy Holohan on the MMA Hour now, he has being going on about tea in great detail for the last ten minutes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Paddy Holohan on the MMA Hour now, he has being going on about tea in great detail for the last ten minutes :pac:

I hope its Barry's

Paddy came across brilliant, great interview just having the craic. Can't wait to see his next fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/08/christy-mack-posts-disturbing-photos-from-alleged-war-machine-assault

War Machines ex girlfriend issues statement about what he did to her...

This is some dark dark stuff, jaysus :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,920 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

dulux99 wrote: »
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/08/christy-mack-posts-disturbing-photos-from-alleged-war-machine-assault

War Machines ex girlfriend issues statement about what he did to her...

This is some dark dark stuff, jaysus :eek:

The guy has always been a complete fcukin lunatic, total waste of space and deserves to spend the rest of his life behind bars, i think this may even be his last strike in the 3 strikes and you're out (life) rule

Nasty stuff altogether. I saw a pic of the 2 of them with their tattoos. She has 'property of war machine' on her back and he has 'MACK' across his throat. Then saw him tweeting while he was/is still on the run saying he still loves her.

Yeah hes on the run and still tweeting, sure fire way to get yourself caught! Seen the pictures and stuff, he beat he up pretty bad, made her shower infront of him before it to! Apparently went to rape her but couldnt get hard so smacked her a bit more before she managed to run out the back door.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Buy3XvWCMAA1kua.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

John_D80 wrote: »

Whatever else he is I've a lot of time for Duane Chapman since the Andrew Luster thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement