Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Mellor wrote: »
    Why did you post this? I'm not sure I follow what you are saying tbh.
    Was it purely to laugh at the amateur female who stepped up on short notice?

To answer your question I posted it as its an 11 second impressive slam knockout I'm pretty sure that's why it has been acknowledged elsewhere , sure I could have approached my writing praising the victor just didn't my comments regarding the girl who stepped up were meant to be tongue in cheek, also thought it was strange a promoter didn't use PMs, you wouldn't see that outta Ryoshin and the like and they prob wouldn't get as big a crowd in.

Maybe the attachment name for the Facebook comments part led you to believe I posted to purely laugh at this fighter as you say (originally titled mmafunny) well I've edited post to remove that to avoid possible confusion.

Makes no odds to me whether a fighter is an amateur,female or taking a fight on 10 seconds notice by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,190 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Maybe the attachment name for the Facebook comments part led you to believe I posted to purely laugh at this fighter as you say (originally titled mmafunny) well I've edited post to remove that to avoid possible confusion.
    It was the "you're shyte" comment tbh.
    Makes no odds to me whether a fighter is an amateur,female or taking a fight on 10 seconds notice by the way.
    By point about being ammy was that you are going to get people new to the sport. Possibly making their debut before they're ready. I don't think amateur are fair game for ridicule just because it's out in the public.

If I read your post the wrong way, apologies. As I said I wasn't sure if that's what your were doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

Mark Hunt is claiming on Twitter that he's been fired:
    Well I'm unemployed that sucks
    Not my choice guys but going from being exited at the prospects of the future of fighting to being unemployed in a day lol this sucks

https://twitter.com/markhunt1974

• Registered Users Posts: 29,678 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

3wayswitch wrote: »
    Mark Hunt is claiming on Twitter that he's been fired:

https://twitter.com/markhunt1974

That's weird! Hunt is a big draw for the UFC down under, wonder what happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Moat_Cailin

That's crazy, I wonder what happened. He's never going to be champion, but, he's in exciting fights and HW needs all the talent it can get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,261 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

He's either drunk and confused, or he's done something stupid enough to get fired, i.e. drugs or something illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭daz1988

sheehy83 wrote: »
    That's weird! Hunt is a big draw for the UFC down under, wonder what happened.

Did he not get caught doing something he shouldn't if my memory is right I could have swore it was something to do with drugs or gene doping

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

DrPhilG wrote: »
    He's either drunk and confused, or he's done something stupid enough to get fired, i.e. drugs or something illegal.
    He was set to headline UFC Fight Night 52 against Big Country on September 20th, so it would have to be something serious for him to get fired, if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭daz1988

No matter what he did he is not the only one in that game who is at it UFC is great but I personally think there are some people able to fiddle it for there personal pockets

From the man himself.

https://twitter.com/danawhite/with_replies
    Hell NO Mark Hunt isn't cut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Mark Hunt is a very incoherent dude, when he talks and when he tweets etc. Difficult to understand at the best of times. (That's before he even starts the God talk)

I don't know what he was like as a young man but he mumbles a lot and slurs a little now, the amount of punishment he's taken over his career has to be a part of it.

I hope to he'll he isn't cut, but somethings up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

weemcd wrote: »
    Mark Hunt is a very incoherent dude, when he talks and when he tweets etc. Difficult to understand at the best of times. (That's before he even starts the God talk)

I don't know what he was like as a young man but he mumbles a lot and slurs a little now, the amount of punishment he's taken over his career has to be a part of it.

I hope to he'll he isn't cut, but somethings up.

I'm genuinely hoping that the MMA world doesn't have something like the Chris Benoit incident happen. Hunt has had his oddball rants before, I'm hoping he was just drunk or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

I'm genuinely hoping that the MMA world doesn't have something like the Chris Benoit incident happen. Hunt has had his oddball rants before, I'm hoping he was just drunk or similar.

That was my fight taught that maybe he done something stupid, I guess more will come out soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,166 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

We've jumped from a guy mistakenly tweeting he's been fired to hoping he hasn't murdered his family before committing suicide?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91586911#post91586911

Thought I'd start the event thread early. Since it's a monster card and a certain Irishman is involved, along with the Jones-Cormier tension it's a safe bet that it will be a newsworthy 2 months until Fight Night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

MrStuffins wrote: »
    We've jumped from a guy mistakenly tweeting he's been fired to hoping he hasn't murdered his family before committing suicide?

I don't mean Hunt specifically, though considering some of the wars and his kickboxing background, he wouldn't be the most unlikely candidate to show signs of damage from brain trauma.

And not just in the Benoit 'murder' sense either. A number of NFL players and pro wrestlers have taken their lives early with a suspicion of brain trauma being a notable factor. I'm just hoping that MMA doesn't endure a tragic death down the road.

Ben Saunders just confirmed that he is back in the UFC.

No opponent confirmed yet that I know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Ben Saunders just confirmed that he is back in the UFC.

No opponent confirmed yet that I know of.

Great news, been following him since tuf. Really likeable guy and some vicious muai Thai.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭xtal191

Did anyone get the free month of Fight Pass from that fan pic thing?

xtal191 wrote: »
    Did anyone get the free month of Fight Pass from that fan pic thing?

Nope, was spose to get an email on the 1st August, meant to follow it up alright.

• Advertisement

Lads ye have to watch this. Bones and dc went off air but didn't know they were still being recorded. Beaming the truth about jones is out, dude actually sounds a bit evil.

http://www.middleeasy.com/fighting/item/13856-jon-jones-calls-dc-a-pussy-then-bones-says-he-will-literally-kill-dc-in-this-must-see-video

• Registered Users Posts: 11,920 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Lads ye have to watch this. Bones and dc went off air but didn't know they were still being recorded. Beaming the truth about jones is out, dude actually sounds a bit evil.

http://www.middleeasy.com/fighting/item/13856-jon-jones-calls-dc-a-pussy-then-bones-says-he-will-literally-kill-dc-in-this-must-see-video

Just can't stand him, i wish we could have 1 day a week where the fighter bashing ban is lifted

• Registered Users Posts: 39,190 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

DC came off worse in that imo.
    But people will cry about how Jon is scum regardless. Nobody really cares about the stuff he does, they simply don't like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,920 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ok, lets keep this within the charter, what fighters, your most hated one first, don't ya like.

No need for explanations as that could cause issues, just a list

1. Dampage Jackson
    2. Jon Jones
    3. Paul Daley
    4. Ronda Rousey
    5. Mike Bisping

And are there any fighters who you liked but have gone full circle and now hate them, or vice versa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

DC came off worse in a sense but it was kind of even with Jones starting with calling him pussy, the spitting in Jones face thing was a bit scummy though. Jones just seems a bit odd, the I would kill you thing just came across are really arrogant and slightly demented. There's nothing much about him to like though even though I don't really dislike him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Most unlikable fighters:

#1 BJ Penn
    #2 Jon Jones
    #3 Clay Guida
    #4 Meisha Tate
    #5 Pat Cummings

honorable mentions go to: Bryan Caraway, Jorge Masvidal.

Frank Mir & Overeem both come across very arrogant, as does Luke Barnatt

I used to hate Dan Hardy but I've warmed to him slightly, I think he has became less arrogant, watching him on the Joe Rogan podcast and hearing him commentate has helped me change my opinion of him. Also warmed to Bisping a good bit over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

most unlikeable fighters

1 jones
    2 anderson silva
    3 kennedy
    4 overeem
    5 matt hughes

close behind, rampage parisyan

gone full circle on bisbing, never thought I'd be
    shouting for him like I was v kennedy but I cant think
    of a single fighter I wouldnt be shouting for against kennedy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

Fighters I never cared for.

1 - Matt Serra
    2 - Diego Sanchez
    3 - Anderson Silva
    4 - Mike Bisping
    5 - Rhonda Rousey

Honourable mention: Nick Diaz and BJ Penn. Starting to wear on me a bit: Conor McGregor and Jon Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,166 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Cormier came off as much worse! But let's not let that get in the way of hating Jon Jones

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Yeah I think Cormier has come off the lesser in all this. Jones is a lot smarter than most people realise.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement