Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,731 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

If a WW like jake shields is capable of staying on top of hendo for 3 rounds a few years back, imagine what a HW like Cormier on top of him will do

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    If a WW like jake shields is capable of staying on top of hendo for 3 rounds a few years back, imagine what a HW like Cormier on top of him will do

I'm sorry but your logic is faulty at best

• Registered Users Posts: 12,731 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I'm sorry but your logic is faulty at best

We'll see

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

We'll see

Whether Cormier dominates or Hendo dominates has no baring on the logic of the statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

mailburner wrote: »
    I must be the only one who think hendo is well and truly past it

He was embarrassing to watch until he caught shogun

So true, i hate this thing that people have that just because a fighter won his last fight he is great and a fighter who lost is terrible. Shogun looked great in his last fight, in shape and performed, hendo looked terrible but got the KO and now people are mentuoning hendo getting a title shot, unbelievable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

MMA maths :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,043 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Seems legit

• Registered Users Posts: 12,201 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I'm afraid I can see it not only being a dominant Cormier win, but a turd of a fight too. Cormier isn't an exciting fighter and I think he'll grind out a boring decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Exactly. I expect this one to finish early and in similar fashion to the first round of the rua fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cowboy txt dana saying he is in baltimore and will take rochas place to fight ellenberger, cutting weight now. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭weemcd

Dana White ‏@danawhite 1m
    Welcome back Andrei Arlovski!

^ White just put that up, wonder if he's serious or not. An Arlovski return? I'd watch it

weemcd wrote: »
    Dana White ‏@danawhite 1m
    Welcome back Andrei Arlovski!

^ White just put that up, wonder if he's serious or not. An Arlovski return? I'd watch it

****ing hell AA was the man years ago!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭weemcd

dave1982 wrote: »

I dunno why but I was looking up his record during the week, apart from the rumble fight his recent record is good, although the opponent quality isn't great.

HW division is still thin for talent, I'm sure he will have some entertaining fights.

Fightmatrix has him in the top 20 above some UFC Heavyweights so he is vaible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

dave1982 wrote: »

Yep, then he cut his hair and it all went to shit :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Arlovski is awful to watch these days, with the glassest of glass jaws it just takes one glancing blow to finish the fight so he fights cautiously as hell. The HW division in the UFC is terrible, so it is not surprising he has been added.

Arlovski??? The guy get's KO'd with a strong wind nowadays.
    Anyone that gets TKO/KO'd 5 times in a row should not be licensed to fight anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Davei141 wrote: »
    Arlovski is awful to watch these days, with the glassest of glass jaws it just takes one glancing blow to finish the fight so he fights cautiously as hell. The HW division in the UFC is terrible, so it is not surprising he has been added.

The HW Division has ALWAYS been terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

scudzilla wrote: »
    The HW Division has ALWAYS been terrible

It just looks worse now compared to the other divisions, to think HW brings the biggest draw is terrible. 80% of the weight have poor skills and rubbish cardio.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

New Nike Football advert, check out from 3.15.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

AA vs Schuab healining 174

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

That cant be the headline fight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

sorry added not headlining. I am tired don't judge me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

quick quesiton lads if anyone can tell me... what time approx do yez expect Jones v Glover to kick off at? settin alarm can't watch whole card. thx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

quick quesiton lads if anyone can tell me... what time approx do yez expect Jones v Glover to kick off at? settin alarm can't watch whole card. thx

Id say between approx 05:15 - 05:30 as the programme ends 06:00 and they usually aim to have a finish of the main not too long before the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

muchobliged

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

AA vs Schuab healining 174

Would absolutely love Andrei to smash schaub in his comeback.

Big nog says he is having a knee operation and then returning to the octagon. Ufc should setup nog v mir 3.

Yes 05:15 sounds bout right all I think there is there is a huge fine for the UFC if they over the 3hour PPV slot

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

10012545_10152353983741276_9205805092716459865_n.jpg

Good to see Ali getting his shot, would love to see him win it but might mouse is mighty mouse so it doesnt look likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

That buyrate for that is gonna be awful. Approaching 149 levels with that card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

That buyrate for that is gonna be awful. Approaching 149 levels with that card

Yeah i dont fancy it being to good myself, but itl be the start of King Woodlys reign after he goes on to win the tittle from this so il be watching!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement