Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Chris Fields tweeted earlier about a huge announcement later today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

jockcass wrote: »
    Was also wondering about new versions of smashes etc ?
    Haven`t seen any TUF series on irish TV for a while ....

I expect the Edgar/Penn series of TUF to be starting quite soon considering the finale is set for July 6th

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jockcass

Thanks guys - will keep an eye out for new series .

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Finally got BT in. Sick of finding out results of cards before I got to watch them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭weemcd

seiphil wrote: »
    Finally got BT in. Sick of finding out results of cards before I got to watch them.

it's good coverage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

jockcass wrote: »
    Was also wondering about new versions of smashes etc ?
    Haven`t seen any TUF series on irish TV for a while ....

Last time I spoke to Simon Head he assured me BT have rights for all TUF's on American television. So they should have TUF 19 with added interest for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

TUF 19 starts on APril 16th feat. Cathal Pendred & Chris Fields, more info & video here

http://www.joe.ie/sports/mma/video-cathal-pendred-and-chris-fields-feature-in-promo-for-the-new-season-of-the-ultimate-fighter/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Weidman Machida bout called off

• Registered Users Posts: 39,043 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

or maybe not but it has been postponed until UFC175 the UFC hope and a new main event for UFC173 should be announced in the coming days... http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/3/24/5543960/chris-weidman-out-of-ufc-173-with-knee-injury-title-bout-against

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Anyone know a site that keeps an eye on who has been released by the UFC etc?
    Always finding out that fighters who I thought were still with the UFC are fighting on other promotions.

Would also LOVE to see Mendes vs Aldo as the main event for UFC173

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

• Registered Users Posts: 17,503 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Cheers for that link. Just noticed that Guillard is gone. Guy had so much potential, but after his last few fights, all I can say is "good riddance"

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Mattyz69

Guillard response to being cut summed it all up really.

He just wasnt interested in the last few fights and it showed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Sad news to hear Melvin was cut, he did not deserve it.He's been there for years nearly 10?

Bad call from the UFC.Melvin will probably be a champion in bellator and the likes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Melvin only has himself to blame. Goodbye and good riddance imo.

dave1982 wrote: »
    Sad news to hear Melvin was cut, he did not deserve it.He's been there for years nearly 10?

Bad call from the UFC.Melvin will probably be a champion in bellator and the likes
    I think he was a cast member of TUF 2, so maybe 8+ years ago. He's up there with Sanchez, Cerrone etc, for most exp in the octagon. But I'm not sure being a veteran/TUF alumni is a free ticket to hang about.

Are you saying he didnt deserve it because he's been around years, or because of ability? He's be slack altely. Only won 1 out of his last 5 and 2 out of his last 8. He has the most loses in the current LW division.
    This is not the same Guillard from a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Melvin has always had an attitude problem. If he gave a shít in bellator, he will be champ. If he doesn't, he gets beaten by everyone in front of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Mellor wrote: »
    I think he was a cast member of TUF 2, so maybe 8+ years ago. He's up there with Sanchez, Cerrone etc, for most exp in the octagon. But I'm not sure being a veteran/TUF alumni is a free ticket to hang about.

Are you saying he didnt deserve it because he's been around years, or because of ability? He's be slack altely. Only won 1 out of his last 5 and 2 out of his last 8. He has the most loses in the current LW division.

Mixture of both to be honest plus I have always been a huge fan of his, I agree lately he not being 100% it's a pity he could have been a lot more.I'll always want to see him fight.

On the flip side of the most losses in the LHW division, I think he holds the record in most finishes by TKO/KO

Might get a few people disagreeing with this, but personally, I don't think Guillard will be champ if he signs up with Belator. Or to be specific, I don't think he will take the title from Alveraz.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

I agree with you totally but I can understand the sentiment people have in being sad to see him go. When he's bad he's bad alright, but when he's good he's ferocious. It's frustrating to see a fighter with such technical/athletic abilities throwing it all down the ****ter because he can't keep his head together. If he doesn't, he'll spend the rest of his life telling people "I could have been UFC champion", which he actually could have!

Here's hoping he does get it sorted and string a few wins together. He's still only 30 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Might get a few people disagreeing with this, but personally, I don't think Guillard will be champ if he signs up with Belator. Or to be specific, I don't think he will take the title from Alveraz.

Can't see him beating Chandler either.

Davei141 wrote: »
    Can't see him beating Chandler either.

Me neither, I just meat on the off chance that Alvarez vacates, or was injuried and walked into an easy title.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Wasn't Guilard involved in some incident very early on in his UFC career? I'm sure i recall watching it and thinking "What a tool"

Yeah he was cut for it too. But got back in after 1 fight.
    He went for clementi after the stopped it when they fought early on. On the face if it, that's a dick move.
    But it's a bit deeper than that, him and clementi were training partners. Clementi was the sort if mentor, but they fell out. And then it was guillard who or the TUF spot first ( TUF 2 vrs 4). They almost got into a fight at an MMA event. Which lead to the official match up in the UFC. Clementi got the RNC, but when the Herb Dead stopped it he sort of thrust his balls into Guillards head, and Melvin went for him but Herb grabbed him. Clement waved bye to him, so he was basically provoking him to get the reaction.
    He shouldn't have done it obv, but Clementi was being a knob.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Your right, Alveraz beats any Guillard that shows up.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Me neither, I just meat on the off chance that Alvarez vacates, or was injuried and walked into an easy title.

Nice to see someone speaking sense; I don't think he even wins a tournament in Bellator. Fact is; because of his manager it's unlikely he'll sign there. He'll sign for WSOF and Gaethje will destroy him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭weemcd

SO GSP tore his other ACL :(

Probably the end of him competing

weemcd wrote: »
    SO GSP tore his other ACL :(

Probably the end of him competing

It's the left, in think that's same one as last time. Not sure if that a good thing or not.
    Regardless, ACL reconstructions can achieve basically 100% recovery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

Apparently its his left this time, was his right the first time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement