Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

That buyrate for that is gonna be awful. Approaching 149 levels with that card

It wont get as low as 147 but it will be on par with the UK cards that were PPV in around the 200-250K mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Fabio Maldonado replaces JDS for TUF Brazil Finale. Will fight Miocic.

Think I would've preferred the replacement that Wikipedia was predicting

2w1s9pt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

I like Maldonado but dont think he is suited for that weight, he should stick with LHW. He has some great boxing and a great chin. Very entertaining to watch

Miocic will just wrestle & keep it on the deck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

I have to laugh at tate complaining about carano getting a title shot straight away seeing as she got a shot coming off a loss!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Stefan Struve will make a return to fight Matt Mitrione at UFC 175. Should be a very interesting fight!

Also, Dana clears up the Grant and Diaz rankings issue.

“Everyone is talking about Nate Diaz being removed and so has TJ Grant, for inactivity. Early on we let Dominick Cruz hold the title for as long as we did. But it’s unfair for the guys who are staying active. When you have a guy like TJ Grant and they have an injury, that’s pretty serious so they get dropped, but when they come back, they’ll get added back. The same for Diaz – he’s not taking any fights and we’re not sure when he will. When he comes back, he’ll be ranked again.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭p to the e

adamski8 wrote: »
    I have to laugh at tate complaining about carano getting a title shot straight away seeing as she got a shot coming off a loss!

I think there's a big difference between Tate who is/was top 5 in the world and was the next best choice to save TUF from being scrapped after Zingano got injured and Carano who hasn't fought in over 5 years and may have gotten brain damage in her last MMA fight.

I don't agree with everything Tate says but she has a point about a potential matchup between Carano and Rousey being about nothing but pretty looks and celebrity status rather than skills in a cage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Vitor is after getting go ahead to fight in Brazil

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

dave1982 wrote: »
    Vitor is after getting go ahead to fight in Brazil

With or without his 'additives'?

There's a light at the end of the tunnel for Vitor Belfort.

"The Phenom" has been out of action since the banning of testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) by Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) in February, but he would be cleared to compete in Brazil if the UFC wants him to fight there.

"He can fight here, no problem, but he can’t use TRT," Brazilian MMA Athletic Commission (CABMMA) medical director Dr. Marcio Tannure told MMAFighting.com. "Since he doesn’t have a license to use TRT anymore, he would be tested like any other fighter."

If he’s scheduled to fight in Brazil, Belfort wouldn’t be tested throughout his camp like in his three previous fights in his native country, when he stopped Michael Bisping, Luke Rockhold and Dan Henderson. He would even be cleared by the commission to headline The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 3 Finale card on May 31.

"As far as license with the (CABMMA), he would be able to fight no problem," he said. "He would be tested like any other fighter. If he failed any test, he would be suspended like any other regular fighter."

Belfort hopes to fight the winner of Chris Weidman vs. Lyoto Machida for the UFC middleweight title when he returns to the Octagon later this year, but he will probably will face issues with athletic commissions in the United States.

FOX Sports reported in March that the Brazilian will likely need to reveal the result of the "irrelevant" surprise drug test he was asked to take by the NSAC during the World MMA Awards in February. Belfort is the only one who could reveal the result of the test, but it’s unlikely that CABMMA would ask for it.

"Every commission has its standards," Dr. Tannure said. "I don’t know which test he did and what was the result, so I can’t talk about it and which criteria they’re considering in (Belfort’s) case."

"Every time a fighter that tested positive in the past applies for a license in Nevada is tested again, and we will adopt that here as well," he continued. "This is an interesting criteria, and we will also do it, but (Belfort) never tested positive here."

• Registered Users Posts: 39,043 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

scudzilla wrote: »
    With or without his 'additives'?
    Without.
    He'll be the same as any fighter. And he should probably expect a "random" test

• Advertisement

Anthony "Rumble" Johnson gets his next opponent in Antonio Rogerio Nogueria. Lil Nog's last win was against Johnson's training partner Rashad Evans. Wonder if I can get odds that Nog gets injured.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/8/5694652/ufc-pits-anthony-johnson-against-antonio-rogerio-nogueira-for-san-jose

• Registered Users Posts: 12,731 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

p to the e wrote: »
    Anthony "Rumble" Johnson gets his next opponent in Antonio Rogerio Nogueria. Lil Nog's last win was against Johnson's training partner Rashad Evans. Wonder if I can get odds that Nog gets injured.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/8/5694652/ufc-pits-anthony-johnson-against-antonio-rogerio-nogueira-for-san-jose

Fairly high odds Johnson will injure him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Maldonado vs Miocic and Johnson vs Lil Nog are awful match ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Im actually afraid for lil nog, Johnson will absolutely maul him.

Johnson definitely needs a top ten opponent and unfortunately Nog was the only one not booked up or out of action. He has fought some serious wars against top level contenders but, like his brother, his best days may be behind him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭weemcd

Lil Nog's gonna either pull out and retire due to injuries, or take this fight and get absolutely mauled by Rumble

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

A really interesting read about how the events are broadcast in the US, especially Fox Sports and how they almost appear to be hiding the fights amongst the studio chatter and adverts.
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/05/its-time-to-talk-about-the-ufcs-pacing-problem

It's been like that for some time since the deal with Fox happened and doesn't seem to be the same with the European cards.

A really interesting read about how the events are broadcast in the US, especially Fox Sports and how they almost appear to be hiding the fights amongst the studio chatter and adverts.
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/05/its-time-to-talk-about-the-ufcs-pacing-problem

It's been like that for some time since the deal with Fox happened and doesn't seem to be the same with the European cards.

99% of the events I watch are recorded so I fast forward all that nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

As do I but can you imagine how much you'd have to trawl through to get to the fights if you were to watch it live in the US? I understand they want to make it more accessible to a wider audience and commentary and analysis is an easy way to introduce the layman into the intricacies of it all.

It wouldn't make for a pleasant viewing experience i would imagine. Although Americans are probably used to drawn out sports events considering the nature of their sports and advertising.

• Advertisement

Bas to come out of retirement to liver shot jones for the belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Bas to come out of retirement to liver shot jones for the belt.

Whilst wearing goggles!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Davei141 wrote: »
    Maldonado vs Miocic and Johnson vs Lil Nog are awful match ups.

Jesus Maldonado a huge step down for miocic
    Pointless match up apart from maybe making a very ****tie Brazilian card
    Look a little better but Maldonado will get used as a punchbag for 3+rounds
    Until the doc steps in IMO, one tough sob tho

God help little nog, not much more I can add to that
    I'll assume there was nobody else available

• Registered Users Posts: 12,201 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Bruce Buffer introduces Mr. & Mrs. Michael Bisping: http://youtu.be/97ueP4IUuSw

Having a brain fart, can't embed it

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Bruce Buffer introduces Mr. & Mrs. Michael Bisping: http://youtu.be/97ueP4IUuSw

Having a brain fart, can't embed it

That is brilliant!

Jaysus 175 is STACKED!
    Let's put UFC 175 into perspective. July 5th, in Las Vegas, will feature a UFC middleweight championship bout between Chris Weidman and Lyoto Machida, a UFC women's bantamweight championship bout between Ronda Rousey and Alexis Davis, a clash between rivals Chael Sonnen and Wanderlei Silva, and "The California Kid, Urijah Faber!

Also Struve vs Mitrione and Uriah Hall vs Thiago Santos.

I wish someone could beat JBJ :(

http://instagram.com/p/oUB4JxsDDy/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,731 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I wish someone could beat JBJ :(

http://instagram.com/p/oUB4JxsDDy/

Maybe chuck coukd come back for one more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Jones vs Gustafsson II will be in Vegas, not Sweden (not much of a shock). At the MGM on 30th of August.

http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-jones-gus-2?id=

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement