Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

DrPhilG wrote: »
    The higher price one makes no difference over here, the PPV access is no good to us.

I'll be renewing because of the presale in Dublin. It's going to be a really fast seller, and I'll need a few tickets as I have friends going.

Otherwise I wouldn't bother. Fast sellouts are pretty rare, and most events I have been to I've gone solo, always easy to get late deals on eBay.

Same as DrPhilG, I haven't renewed mine in over 4 years. I've been to 5 events since and have had no problem getting tickets with the newsletter code and waiting a week or two after they went on sale.
    I think this will sell out quick so fight club is an option now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,201 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I've done 12 UFC events, and I think the only times I made use of the presale code was for the foreign ones, Germany and Vegas.

The German one I couldn't take the chance on a late ticket as I needed to book flights etc. And the 2 Vegas ones featured Lesnar so we're always going to be big sell outs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Locomotion

I've done 12 UFC events, and I think the only times I made use of the presale code was for the foreign ones, Germany and Vegas.

The German one I couldn't take the chance on a late ticket as I needed to book flights etc. And the 2 Vegas ones featured Lesnar so we're always going to be big sell outs.

Is the fight club something you can join as you buy your tickets? E.g. on the Wednesday when tickets go on sale for the fight club members only, can I go to ticketmaster and buy tickets and a membership at the same time? Or do I have to buy a membership prior to tickets going on sale, get my membership number and then try get tickets on the day?

Would be raging if I forked out for a membership a week before tickets go on sale and then still didn't get tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 39,043 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Membership is nothing to do with ticketmaster. You don't buy a membership off them.
    I'm not even sure if the presale tickets are available in shop. you join online, and you'll have access immediately.

Fight club members get a password, that allows them access to presale tickets online on Wednesday.
    The newsletter subscribers get a password, for a presale on Thurs (or Friday)
    Public tickets go on sale on Friday (or following week if newsletter was Friday.

Both the presales have a limited number of tickets. They will sell out. The public sale is the biggest release.
    You aren't guaranteed a ticket with a membership. It's just an extra bite at the apple compared to going for public only.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Ya I joined the club anyways I know it doesn't guarantee tix but I don't wanna be askin "What if" was willin to lob the 65yoyo to quash that.

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    Membership is nothing to do with ticketmaster. You don't buy a membership off them.
    I'm not even sure if the presale tickets are available in shop. you join online, and you'll have access immediately.

Not always true. I have seen them selling Fight Club memberships on ticketmaster along with the tickets. It's a handy way of increasing membership. So if you went onto ticketmaster on presale day you would have the option of buying tickets for (e.g.) €50 when you enter your code, or €90 (roughly, can't remember how much the membership was) for ticket plus Fight Club membership without a code.

FC members kicked up a fuss about it as it, but the UFC never paid much attention to anything else they complained about so not sure if was stopped or not. Last event I used the presale for was UFC 116 so it's been a while!

Ya I joined the club anyways I know it doesn't guarantee tix but I don't wanna be askin "What if" was willin to lob the 65yoyo to quash that.

You should have waited until closer to the time. It's a year's subscription, so I'll be waiting until about a week out from release before renewing. That way if the UFC stick to their plan to visit places like Dublin and London around the same time each year, this year's subscription might serve me for next year's tickets too.

That said, the UFC are devious feckers so they'll probably time the ticket releases so that crafty sods like me can't pull it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

You should have waited until closer to the time. It's a year's subscription, so I'll be waiting until about a week out from release before renewing. That way if the UFC stick to their plan to visit places like Dublin and London around the same time each year, this year's subscription might serve me for next year's tickets too.

That said, the UFC are devious feckers so they'll probably time the ticket releases so that crafty sods like me can't pull it off.

I'm just getting the FC code from a mate in the U.S who will not be needing it

Not always true. I have seen them selling Fight Club memberships on ticketmaster along with the tickets. It's a handy way of increasing membership.
    It would be a silly risk to bank on it definitely being available.
    Plus there's it probably quicker to get the code before hand.

Mellor wrote: »
    It would be a silly risk to bank on it definitely being available.
    Plus there's it probably quicker to get the code before hand.

I agree, just replying to your comment about membership not being available via ticketmaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I'll just let this here, not sure of date of the pic

IAzOdIM.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

dave1982 wrote: »

IAzOdIM.png

Maybe an explanation for the uneducated among us?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I presume it's the fact that she looks bigger than Miletich and perhaps her general, all around 'look' is slighly 'off'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

dave1982 wrote: »

IAzOdIM.png

I have absolutely no idea what I'm looking at here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,731 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

MagicIRL wrote: »

I do, and it's not the 2 people in front ;)

Chris Cyborg woman who is trying to make 145lb division to fight Rousey

MagicIRL wrote: »

Just a couple of comparisons
    01CristianeSantosweight144..jpg

cris_cyborg_1.jpg

Fighter gets stung for steroids,
    Serves a lengthy ban, comes back to fight for a smaller organisation, looks noticeable bigger than when she was juicing 2 years ago.

I have very little doubt in my mind about her training while suspended, and probably now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭weemcd

Cyborg looks like Wandy after a bad fight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

She passed a random NSAC test a few weeks ago, for what it's worth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Shogun v Henderson is on tape delay Monday night? What the ****? What are we paying 20 quid a month for. It's like back in the bravo days ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭weemcd

dulux99 wrote: »
    Shogun v Henderson is on tape delay Monday night? What the ****? What are we paying 20 quid a month for. It's like back in the bravo days ffs

What you watching on? BT sport listings have prelims starting live at 9pm through to main event on the 23rd . It's a sunday card also, a bit unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

I say a mix up as its on early sunday and replay Monday. Lucky with the rant as he gets to see it live on Sunday now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

phuck

have to wait till monday eve now to watch this
    there's my sunday morning ruined :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Ah, my mistake. Went and used the search function on sky+ and the only thing I could find was Monday at 9pm. I hope these Sunday cards don't become a thing, considering most of us will have work on a Monday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

dulux99 wrote: »
    Ah, my mistake. Went and used the search function on sky+ and the only thing I could find was Monday at 9pm. I hope these Sunday cards don't become a thing, considering most of us will have work on a Monday morning

Not so bad if yer working a night shift ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jockcass

Any BT coverage of TUF series or other Irish accessible versions available to watch ?

Any BT coverage of TUF series or other Irish accessible versions available to watch ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

No air date for TUF 19 has been announced yet iirc, if that's the one you're talking about.

• Advertisement

Was also wondering about new versions of smashes etc ?
    Haven`t seen any TUF series on irish TV for a while ....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement