Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Downloads very slow (tethering)

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

rience wrote: »
    In JDownloader:
    - change Max. Conn to 20
    - change Max. Downloads to i.e. 4

Overall speed will be > 1Mb/s

It looks like UPC or HF is shaping traffic per download request.

That did the trick! - Top RS & HF speeds now with UPC - Cheers rience -

3.54 Mb/s RS
    16kb/s HF
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Deise-lad

Changed my Jdownloader settings to Max 10 connections and its working fine for me now.

Remember : By Default, JDownloader only allows a maximum of 5 connections on on a hotfile account, you must configure Jdownloader to allow the use of 10 connections,

To do this, open JDownloader and click Premium up the top, then click on your hotfile account, then click configuration.

Once you've clicked configuration you should see configuration settings for Hotfile down at the bottom of Jdownloader,

Put a tick in ''Allow more then 5 connections per file for Premium'' and then click the ''X'' to close this menu.

All downloads already started ''MUST BE RESET'' in order for the new config options to work.

Happy Downloading!

Oh and by the way, i've tried 20 connections and the download just crashes so no point going higher the 10 connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Has anyone contected HF about this.?

I've not downlaoded from there in a few weeks.. But was tonight and it's soooooooo slow like 50kbs where i normally get 1900kbs

I thought it might be UPC so i did a test download of Ubuntu and it's downloading fine at full speed !!!

Why pay for a service if your not getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

HF dont want to know, I contacted them two or three times to not one reply!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

NeVeR wrote: »
    Has anyone contected HF about this.?

I've not downlaoded from there in a few weeks.. But was tonight and it's soooooooo slow like 50kbs where i normally get 1900kbs

I thought it might be UPC so i did a test download of Ubuntu and it's downloading fine at full speed !!!

Why pay for a service if your not getting it.

I followed the advice of someone on this thread and started using JDownloader and set the Max Connections to 20 - never looked back!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

sticker wrote: »
    I followed the advice of someone on this thread and started using JDownloader and set the Max Connections to 20 - never looked back!

umm I'll give it a go. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 schalck

I was getting terrible speeds with hotfile , contacted them numerous times with no response .I'd seen advice to use Jdownloader and tried it as a last straw .I'm maxing out my UPC 30 mb connection now using this. Its also useful for downloading .dlc files (the ones that contain all the links in one)

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

thanks for the info guise, I'm back to full download speeds :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I was back at full speeds aswell, then we cancelled our subscription when they trebled our prices and refused to budge, stupid cnuts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement