Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

you have to watch this guys videos

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

joebucks wrote: »
    Wow.

Barking.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Carra23

digme wrote: »

Like his vids but he never gives his opinion on what all this means for the average Joe or what we could do to fix it ! He said at the end he doesn't want to be the prophet of doom but that's what he is at the minute :eek: Look forward to the next video though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

:o

joebucks wrote: »

Is he taking the p!ss or what ? serious question by the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

this lad is not far of the mark!

I believe him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

Carra23 wrote: »
    Is he taking the p!ss or what ? serious question by the way

he's deadly serious..read the articles attached for a better overview of the situ..His impersonations of Papa Paul and Logiollo are priceless..'Say hello to Bono!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

DeVore wrote: »
    Wow.

Barking.

DeV.

That's really unfair. Has this guy said anything that's untrue? Was NAMA not set up just to pay off massive loans for certain people using tax payer's money? Are these people being chased to pay back this huge sum of money? Regular people are being kicked out of their homes or having the electricity shut off but the people who caused this mess get off clean as a whistle. Is this not the case?

That's really unfair. Has this guy said anything that's untrue? Was NAMA not set up just to pay off massive loans for certain people using tax payer's money? Are these people being chased to pay back this huge sum of money? Regular people are being kicked out of their homes or having the electricity shut off but the people who caused this mess get off clean as a whistle. Is this not the case?

Good shout you are spot on but not sure if I can take the fella in the vids seriously or not. I mean it's great making these videos to try wake people up n give them a smack of reality but what then ? He offers no opinion or solution and not that I expect him to have one but at least he could offer his own thoughts on the matter. I think the problem is that it's easier to ignore the message people like him try to send rather than face up to the reality of the situation

Good shout you are spot on but not sure if I can take the fella in the vids seriously or not. I mean it's great making these videos to try wake people up n give them a smack of reality but what then ? He offers no opinion or solution and not that I expect him to have one but at least he could offer his own thoughts on the matter. I think the problem is that it's easier to ignore the message people like him try to send rather than face up to the reality of the situation
    teach a man to fish ....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

I know you don't pay 750k back on a 300k mortgage but the celtic tiger defo was an illusion.

Of course you could. It depends on the length of course - all those "affordable" mortgages in the boom for first time buys, where the affordability was reduced by increasing the term - they will easily, assuming very low interest rates - be paying back double.

On a 40 year loan for every 100 you draw out you pay back 100 * 1.0x^40. Which at 2% for the entire time of the load would be 220. At 5% it would be 700.

at 10% its 4500.

I think it's pretty clear what his opinion is. He wouldn't have made 240 videos for no reason. It's up to you to take the information he's given and do something about it. You can't expect people to hold your hand your whole life, you have to stand on your own two feet at some stage. Here's another video in which he makes it very clear what his feelings are and also gives an interesting insight into Irish history that I didn't know about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I think it's pretty clear what his opinion is. He wouldn't have made 240 videos for no reason. It's up to you to take the information he's given and do something about it. You can't expect people to hold your hand your whole life, you have to stand on your own two feet at some stage. Here's another video in which he makes it very clear what his feelings are and also gives an interesting insight into Irish history that I didn't know about.

Is it though? He seem like many other angry people I've come across in my life. He rants on about... well... pretty much everything. And he doesn't let fact or evidence get in the way of these rants. Having a big lying mouth doesn't make you the messiah.

meglome wrote: »
    Is it though? He seem like many other angry people I've come across in my life. He rants on about... well... pretty much everything. And he doesn't let fact or evidence get in the way of these rants. Having a big lying mouth doesn't make you the messiah.

Care to point out what he's lying about? What you just said can easily be construed as slander so I'd be careful if I were you. And nobody ever said he's a messiah, maybe you just have feelings of inadequacy.

Care to point out what he's lying about?

Well I have twice in the thread already.
    What you just said can easily be construed as slander so I'd be careful if I were you. And nobody ever said he's a messiah, maybe you just have feelings of inadequacy.

haha no I feel quite fine about myself thanks.

And "he's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

Care to point out what he's lying about? What you just said can easily be construed as slander so I'd be careful if I were you. And nobody ever said he's a messiah, maybe you just have feelings of inadequacy.

Slander? Criticising a guy on t'internet for not knowing his facts is slander?

Lol. I will turn myself in. And the entire internet.

• Advertisement

I don't need any one to hold my hand thanks but the only solution to the problems he talks about , that I can think of , is to create a society that isn't so heavily reliant on money . It's not possible to do that when 99% of people around don't even have a f,ucking clue what's going on and the type of problems we face. Most people are walking around oblivious

I don't need any one to hold my hand thanks but the only solution to the problems he talks about , that I can think of , is to create a society that isn't so heavily reliant on money . It's not possible to do that when 99% of people around don't even have a f,ucking clue what's going on and the type of problems we face. Most people are walking around oblivious
    Well then, why don't you do your part and inform a few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

LOL I was gonna say he's watching boards when I saw this video after Carra23 posted:

• Advertisement

espinolman wrote: »

Ahh I feel all special now. Don't have sound here right this minute so I'll watch it tomorrow.

Love this
    Hey JB, I'm a poster on the CT forums and I can tell you stupidorat and meglomaniac are ****ing MUPPETS!! Nobody on boards can stand them as they're just full of ****e and argue about anything and everything. They're nothing but trolls and should be ignored, we do or we just mock their ignorance for fun. I think you're given them more time than they're worth. Sorry for the language, I just can't stand those two. Good luck JB, chat to ya next time!

I've finally arrived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Seems when you get a mortgage for say 300,000 grand you end up paying back 700,000 odd grand back to the bank. Is this true?

The amount you pay back over the full term is clearly set out on the letter of offer.

I mean, what do people expect? Borrow €300k and pay back €400 over 30 years?

LOL.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Ahh I feel all special now. Don't have sound here right this minute so I'll watch it tomorrow.

Love this

I've finally arrived.

You should start your own fan club.

espinolman wrote: »

In fairness he makes a fair point there. If you were an outsider who doesn't frequent the site some of the arguments and points made like the one he refers to are very immature and tedious

You should start your own fan club.

Still have no sound so haven't been able to listen to all the lovely things he's said about me.

Another great example of the level of his supporters.
    That board website is a joke.Anything which contradicts commonly held opinion is hammered and banned very quickly.They don't want to learn they just like to bitch and moan which says a lot about them as people really. Good on ye for ruffling a few of their feathers. I hear they get government money too to keep the discussion going in a certain direction and I hear some of the mods are on the government payroll in all guises from police to doctors etc...no wonder.

Government money hehehe, most posters on boards.ie are pretty anti our government.

Yeah the only reason people disagree with you is because they are paid... yup only possible reason.

(Anyone know where Yekas lives? :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Contents of PM removed
    <SNIP>

Well now, I received this in the post today.

It's such a pity he takes criticism so personally. I didn't get around to watch his video yet.

Looks like JB is afraid to come on here and actually have someone disagree with him in public.

I'll be here...

Hey vultures, what exactly is he supposed to be talking with you for?

Hey vultures, what exactly is he supposed to be talking with you for?

I have no idea why he'd feel the need to talk with me or about me. I did see the text meglome - "Dubliner Extraordinare" in the video which I'd guess isn't a positive comment. All we're doing is discussing his opinions from his videos, which he's entitled to hold even if I disagree with some of them.

Vultures?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭bitethebullet

All we're doing is discussing his opinions from his videos,

ah ah no you're not. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Guys, there's a topic so stick to it. If he wants to rant about Boards then he's entitled to. If he rants about you and you feel aggrieved, send him a message or post on his Youtube channel. Don't do it here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

Id say I have watched maybe 50% of this guys videos now... he offers a very interesting viewpoint on most of what he talks about from a man in the street perspective. Apparently he has some sort of research company and also has been a stock trader. Whether you like him or not, he is bang on the money on alot of what he talks about, maybe if more of us hadn't sat here in mute resignation, we wouldn't be starring down the barrel of IMF intervention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

studiorat wrote: »
    Looks like JB is afraid to come on here and actually have someone disagree with him in public.

I'll be here...

It's in fact the other way around. You brought the war to him.

He's thrown down the gaunlet to the two of yous to meet him for debate, and he knows that keyboard warriors like yourself will in fact be useless in real time discussion.All bark and no dog.

. All we're doing is discussing his opinions from his videos, which he's entitled to hold even if I disagree with some of them.

Vultures?

Ego tripping Vultures indeeed .

Discussing, Is that what you call it ?.:rolleyes:

BumbleB wrote: »
    It's in fact the other way around. You brought the war to him.

War?!?! It looks pretty bad when he's making a point centred around Leinster house and he's got the wrong building in the picture. Doesn't say much for his fact checking.
    He's thrown down the gaunlet to the two of yous to meet him for debate, and he knows that keyboard warriors like yourself will in fact be useless in real time discussion.All bark and no dog.

Sorry still haven't watched the video but will get to it. The problem with meeting for a debate is that often the person who will shout loudest will at least control the debate. I think we already know who will shout loudest. This is a discussion forum and we can have a discussion here. A discussion where we can all link to our facts so they can be checked. I assume everyone wants a debate where opinions can be shown to be factual or not, right?
    Ego tripping Vultures indeeed .

I'm hoping in the future that I'll go one whole week in this forum without someone trying to insult me in some way. Doesn't seem like too much to ask. I don't bother to report the posts as crying over what some stranger on the internet says about me seems fairly sad.
    Discussing, Is that what you call it ?.:rolleyes:

Well yeah... this is a discussion forum after all. He has a fan-boy forum for himself on youtube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 honk bogart

Why dont you guys take up the offer?

Your really big fellas hiding behind the annonamous internet, come out from hiding and take up the offer to a debate face to face.

I'm new here, but it took me all of 5 minutes to work out what your made of, and it dont smell good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tinfoil hatchet

Sorry still haven't watched the video but will get to it. The problem with meeting for a debate is that often the person who will shout loudest will at least control the debate. I think we already know who will shout loudest. This is a discussion forum and we can have a discussion here. A discussion where we can all link to our facts so they can be checked. I assume everyone wants a debate where opinions can be shown to be factual or not, right?

So thats a no.:rolleyes:

Why dont you guys take up the offer?

Your really big fellas hiding behind the annonamous internet, come out from hiding and take up the offer to a debate face to face.

I'm new here, but it took me all of 5 minutes to work out what your made of, and it dont smell good.

Just so you know the internet isn't really anonymous and you can't smell things over it.

My point from viewing some of his videos is his facts appear to not be so factual. Now there's plenty wrong with Ireland right now so no need to make anything up or exaggerate. A face to face debate wouldn't address what's fact or not. He's the one making these claims so he should be backing them up, so far I've haven't seen that happen. He's very entitled to his opinion but unless he shows it's more than his opinion I for one won't be meeting him.

But let's be very clear about this I don't think any good can come from meeting him but I have no fear of doing so. I don't give a flying fúck if anyone here wants to suggest I'm afraid to meet the guy so save your breath.

Oh and BTW you strike me as a rereg.
    So thats a no.:rolleyes:

Should I state the obvious now too? Does this mean fact checking isn't important to you? Cause if you just want to be his cheerleader let me know, maybe I can get you some pom poms and a ra ra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

War?!?! It looks pretty bad when he's making a point centred around Leinster house and he's got the wrong building in the picture. Doesn't say much for his fact checking.

He rectified this in one of his videos. He was showing the back of the building in order to show it's vast size and magnificence.

Which in turn shows your fact checking... To be honest you have just put this guy down from the start without giving his videos a listen.. Seems kind of trollish to me!

Also where is there any facts to back up your claims that he is wrong?

jay-me wrote: »
    He rectified this in one of his videos. He was showing the back of the building in order to show it's vast size and magnificence.

To be honest this isn't the main thing off with that video. That said he's not showing the back of the building. He's showing Government Buildings which were built roughly 150 years after Leinster House and had nothing whatsoever to do with the Duke of Leinster.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leinster_House
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_Buildings

Here's Leinster House

And here's government buildings as seen from the angle in yer mans video.

And finally here is what google maps thinks is Leinster House... the Natural History Museum.

To be honest this isn't the main thing off with that video. That said he's not showing the back of the building. He's showing Government Buildings which were built roughly 150 years after Leinster House and had nothing whatsoever to do with the Duke of Leinster.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leinster_House
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_Buildings

But he explained his choice of picture in one of his video's. Something to do with the amount of windows or something. But anyway before you bash someone you could at least watch his videos.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 doppel ganger

Just so you know the internet isn't really anonymous and you can't smell things over it.

My point from viewing some of his videos is his facts appear to not be so factual. Now there's plenty wrong with Ireland right now so no need to make anything up or exaggerate. A face to face debate wouldn't address what's fact or not. He's the one making these claims so he should be backing them up, so far I've haven't seen that happen. He's very entitled to his opinion but unless he shows it's more than his opinion I for one won't be meeting him.

But let's be very clear about this I don't think any good can come from meeting him but I have no fear of doing so. I don't give a flying fúck if anyone here wants to suggest I'm afraid to meet the guy so save your breath.

Oh and BTW you strike me as a rereg.

Should I state the obvious now too? Does this mean fact checking isn't important to you? Cause if you just want to be his cheerleader let me know, maybe I can get you some pom poms and a ra ra.

Your afraid of him, just admit it:rolleyes:, this is funny, all mouth no action, nothing more could be expected really.

But he explained his choice of picture in one of his video's. Something to do with the amount of windows or something. But anyway before you bash someone you could at least watch his videos.

I did watch the video in the OP.

Are you telling me he used a picture of a completely different building, built 150 years later, to make a point about Leinster House? You buy his explanation? Listen I have some money in a bank account and I just need you to send me some funds so I can release the cash.
    Your afraid of him, just admit it:rolleyes:, this is funny, all mouth no action, nothing more could be expected really.

ah it's rereg morning.

Are you telling me he used a picture of a completely different building, built 150 years later, to make a point about Leinster House? You buy his explanation? Listen I have some money in a bank account and I just need you to send me some fund so I can release the cash.

How much? And what is my commission?
    :D

Are you telling me he used a picture of a completely different building, built 150 years later, to make a point about Leinster House? You buy his explanation?

In fairness the guy isn't thick by any accounts. Do you really believe he would make such a blatant and obvious mistake unless he had something meaningful to portray.

And you're afraid of HIM because you clearly made a new account to say that:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

In fairness the guy isn't thick by any accounts. Do you really believe he would make such a blatant and obvious mistake unless he had something meaningful to portray.

Yes. Yes I do. He makes dozens of mistakes in his posts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

This thread is for discussing the videos not for goading people into meeting him for debate

Any more posts like that will be met with bans

He is more than welcome to come on here and debate here where everyone will be treated equally in line with the charter and noone gets to shout louder than the other person, if he chooses not to engage with us then no one here should be goaded into engaging with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

I love the way that he casually assumes that boards posters are students, and how he can vent about personalised attacks, rather than engaging with the political content, and then blithely accuse students of shoving coke up their noses/arses. Full marks for hypocrisy, nil points for knowledge of state buildings.

I'm not saying the guy is thick but to make his points he appears to just make stuff up or at least get the info from unreliable sources. Though since I haven't actually ever seen him show where he gets the info from I can't really say which. With so much wrong right now there's really no need to fabricate or exaggerate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,329 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

jbyeats wrote:

Agenda for a better society:

1. WHISTLEBLOWERS CHARTER AND OMBUDSMAN: No issue with this and would agree it's very important, especially in light of goings on over the last few years.

2. CITIZENS APPOINTED TO GOVERNMENT, QUANGOS AND COMMITTEES ETC: I have no idea how this would work. How is a random punter supposed to uncover any wrong doing within a government department in say 6 months? And while appointed will they be paid by the government or their employers? Without further explanation I couldn't see this working at all.

3. CORRUPTION LAWS FOR PUBLIC OFFICIALS WHO ARE MEMBERS OF SECRET SOCIETYS: This is extremely draconian and is akin to presuming that if you are a member of a legal secret society, then you are corrupt! Special laws for those who are members of certain groups is draconian, unconstitutional and probably worse. And let's say the local judge or a teacher is a secret society member, do they get prison for that or fired??

4. LAWS DEALING WITH NEPOTISM AND CRONYISM: Fair enough but not sure how this would be policed but definitely needed. However this also needs a culture change as cronyism is ingrained in the Irish political mindet. As for elections for major public appointments I can't agree. The most popular candidate might get elected but he could well be useless at the job.

5. DIRECT EMPLOYMENT FOR STATE CIVIL ENGINEERING PROJECTS: Not fully sure what this actually means without more explanation.

6. 50 NEW BANKS WITH €100M EACH TO INVEST IN NEW BUSINESSES: Who would administer these Banks and would their aim be to make a profit or just lend out the money to new businesses and what risks would they take? Most new businesses/ideas fail within a year or two of startup so would the loans given to them be written off with taxpayer picking up the tab? If this plan happened I believe most if not all of these 50 banks would be gone bust within a few years. Of course it depends on how risky these Banks would be but if they were giving money to businesses that were declined by the regular Banks then alot of writeoffs would happen.

7. TAX FOR ALL: Sounds reasonable but instead of taxing the OAP and the dole surely it would make more sense to just cut those payments by a certain amount instead of having unnecessary tax administration etc - all that money is from the same pot anyway. As for the general idea of taxing low earners tiny amounts and big eaners alot what are the specific proposals?

8. NO RELIGION IN SCHOOLS: There are non-religious schools popping all over the country so people have a choice of sending their children to them or not. Even in religious schools you can be excused from religion. I think it should be left to each school and not dictated by the state.

9. CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS FOR CHILDREN, OAPS AND THOSE IN CARE: I haven't read the Bunreacht in a while but doesn't it aspire to treat all citizens fairly and equally. Why do some sections of society need more rights than others?

10. TAOISEACH TO BE DIRECTLY ELECTED: This one I don't get. We all know the leader of the largest party after an election will be Taoiseach and we know that when we're voting in the election. This would be a pointless exercise. I do however agree that the Taoiseach should be the highest paid public official.

Did you even watch the video or did you just read off the sheet he put up?

I think you got the worng end of the stick on this point anyway
    namloc1980 wrote: »
    Agenda for a better society:

3. CORRUPTION LAWS FOR PUBLIC OFFICIALS WHO ARE MEMBERS OF SECRET SOCIETYS: This is extremely draconian and is akin to presuming that if you are a member of a legal secret society, then you are corrupt! Special laws for those who are members of certain groups is draconian, unconstitutional and probably worse. And let's say the local judge or a teacher is a secret society member, do they get prison for that or fired??

In this point he is calling for members of secret societies (ie organisations where what the members do is kept secret- Freemasons,Opus Dei, etc) to DECLARE that they are in such an organisation. If they do not declare that they are in such a group even though they are then they have to be treated with suspicion that they are acting in the interest of the organisation as opposed to acting in the interest of the public. Is this not a fair point?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement