Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So when Can I expect the HTC Desire HD to appear on the irish market?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 trekker_50

Just back from my local meteor store. Your one looked like she'd been asked a million times when it was coming out. She said its supposed to be out in the next week but could arrive on her doorstep at any second.

Absolutly dying to get my hands on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭DGRulz

trekker_50 wrote: »
    Just back from my local meteor store. Your one looked like she'd been asked a million times when it was coming out. She said its supposed to be out in the next week but could arrive on her doorstep at any second.

Absolutly dying to get my hands on it!

So is it gonna be the case that were not getting a date, it'll just be "We have them ... and now they're gone" ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

yfaykya wrote: »
    How?
    Well I walked into the vodafone shop at the Nassau Street end of Grafton Street and asked "Hey you got any Desire HD phones in stock?"

To which the nice man answered "Yes, wait here one second sir". Then he came back and after checking my details on the system discovered that I was due an upgrade and said "That will be €150 euro please.... Wait a minute, that's a fancy looking phone you've got there. If you want you can trade that in and get an extra €100 euro off your new phone."

At which point I thought I was having a delicious wet dream! I was expecting to pay in the region of €250 euro. I walked out of there happy as a proverbial pig in proverbial excrement.

wernstrom! wrote: »
    Seems they may be branded and locked.
    Bill pay here, not branded, not sure if it's locked though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

DGRulz wrote: »
    So is it gonna be the case that were not getting a date, it'll just be "We have them ... and now they're gone" ??

I asked one of the staff yesterday in a Meteor shop,said they had been expecting them last week but hopefully should be this Wednesday/Thursday.

Said she'd give me a call when they're in. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

same here, just got back from local meteor shop, gave them my details and they said that they will ring me when they get them in.

@Baz, what phone did you trade-in?

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

Just enquired myself there, I'll get 100 trade in for my N97 mini...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Any idea what you'd get for a Samsung Tocco Lite.

allen175 wrote: »
    @Baz, what phone did you trade-in?

Nokia N95 8gig

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Rodg3

Don't suppose anybody here has enquired about the price drop for a Hero trade-in? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

Rodg3 wrote: »
    Don't suppose anybody here has enquired about the price drop for a Hero trade-in? :)

I have, my friend works in the grafton st vodafone store and she said that vodafone don't accept any HTC phones for trade-in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Rodg3 wrote: »

It's listed for €104.72 on Envirophone, so I'd adverts.ie it for €150ish.

http://www.envirofone.ie/trade/?make=HTC&search=hero

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Ive been wanting one of these. Had a look on Expansys .. there €556 sim free, which might seem an awful lot of money. But it doesnt restrict me to an 18 month contract and I could stay on Vodafone Simply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

ok folks Iv came to terms that I'm going to buy one! Question is when are they comin out on meteor and is it going to be limited to bill pay customers only or whats the craic?

I want one sooooooooooooo bad!!!!:D

GBX wrote: »
    Ive been wanting one of these. Had a look on Expansys .. there €556 sim free, which might seem an awful lot of money. But it doesnt restrict me to an 18 month contract and I could stay on Vodafone Simply.

there also around the same price on ebay!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭BobPresto

Keep an eye on adverts, I got an unlocked 1 for €420 the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jer1ch0

Baz_ wrote: »
    Nokia N95 8gig
    Really? I was offered just €40 for my N95 8Gb in my local Vf shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I enquired about a trade in of a Hero & was told €5...

I'll trade an older samsung and throw the Hero onto Adverts...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

jer1ch0 wrote: »
    Really? I was offered just €40 for my N95 8Gb in my local Vf shop.

I got 100€ in Vodafone for mine last week, if they insist buy it online and sell urs privately, tell them you will give ur business to 3, they should be taking trade in's just about now and their charges are less

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jer1ch0

bogman wrote: »
    I got 100€ in Vodafone for mine last week, if they insist buy it online and sell urs privately, tell them you will give ur business to 3, they should be taking trade in's just about now and their charges are less
    Thanks for your reply.
    So can I assume Nokia N95 8Gb has same value in any Vf shop - regardless of what tariff you are on?
    I rang the local shop (Castlebar) and was told €40 again. Westport shop wouldn't say until I called in and they checked my imei number for some reason!
    Would condition matter? The central square button on mine has enamel chipped and the matt finish on back corners are worn from normal 18 months use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Its seems Three if they get the phone in have the best offer on Billpay at least - currently on PAYG Meteor and thinking of moving to three

• Registered Users Posts: 18 scandy

Update on meteor twitter page a few mintues ago from an enquiry when Desire HD's will eb available "We're waiting on stock to come in. There will be a small number in stores on Friday but these may sell out quickly."

Get queuing!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

jer1ch0 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply.
    So can I assume Nokia N95 8Gb has same value in any Vf shop - regardless of what tariff you are on?
    I rang the local shop (Castlebar) and was told €40 again. Westport shop wouldn't say until I called in and they checked my imei number for some reason!
    Would condition matter? The central square button on mine has enamel chipped and the matt finish on back corners are worn from normal 18 months use.

They quoted you 40 euro?

Moneyforyourmobileare quoting 107.64 for a mint/near mint handset.

http://www.money4urmobile.ie/consumer/phoneSelected.asp?phoneID=1973

Based on the damage you described, they may take 5% off for light cosmetic wear....

but it's still a lot better than 40 euro.

Any update on if they're availible today boys and girls? can't get through to my local meteor and dont want to have to go down again for more disappointment

I went into a few meteor stores yesterday and the answers I was getting clearly showed the level of product knowledge.

Me: when Is the desire HD out?
    Meteor rep: ehh maybe next month

me: how much Is it? Is it available on prepay?
    Meteor rep: it'll be around 700euro

me: do you have a dummy version of the phone so I can see how big the phone is?
    Meteor rep: no sir, but we have a desire, it's the same size as that.

Every store I went into i was told it will be out the end of the month or next month! I thought it was out today?!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 scandy

No word of a lie.

I went into the meteor shop in Galway last night. The sales guy confirmed that all shops in Galway will be getting ONE Desire HD tomorrow. That's ONE. Then he had the bare faced cheek to tell me to my face that he had already reserved it for himself. FFS!

He reckoned that the "big" stores like Liffey Valley or O'Connell Street in Limerick will be getting only THREE tomorrow. No doubt all reserved for staff.

Couldn't confirm when they would be getting more in but "maybe towards the end of next week".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

scandy wrote: »
    No word of a lie.

I went into the meteor shop in Galway last night. The sales guy confirmed that all shops in Galway will be getting ONE Desire HD tomorrow. That's ONE. Then he had the bare faced cheek to tell me to my face that he had already reserved it for himself. FFS!

He reckoned that the "big" stores like Liffey Valley or O'Connell Street in Limerick will be getting only THREE tomorrow. No doubt all reserved for staff.

Couldn't confirm when they would be getting more in but "maybe towards the end of next week".

He is a customer too, plus because he manages the waiting list he would be first to put his name down...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,225 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

rang one of the meteor stores to ask if they had them in stock and was told there are none in any meteor stores, anywhere, at all.....

When I said other stores definitely seemed to have them he said that maybe his store was just getting a late delivery. Took my details to give me a ring if/when it comes in.

Confirmed it is 259.99 on the €35 Bill Pay Smart plan.

Rang Metoer in Santry(Dublin) there about an hour ago, told me he had one, but that he'd called the guy to tell him and he didnt answer so he was gonna try again and if he got no answer it was mine. Got a call 30 secs later to say they were getting four more in tomorrow so theyll definatley have one for me. Hes to gimme a call tomorrow when they come in. Situation might e the same in other shops.

Honestly have to ask though, for Meteor to call themselve the Android network, would imply they have some sort of deal w/ Android. Why is it then that it seems every shop is only getting one today??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 trekker_50

Rang liffey valley this morning. The man there said he had just got a delivery in and to ring back in a few hours when theyd opend it up to see if the DHD was there. Just rang back, they had two but some ppl had already put them on hold. RAGING :mad:

My name is down for one in dundrum but they dont have them in yet. Really hope they dont **** me over too but they sounded sound so doubt it. Rang around a load of shops, pretty much gone in all of them but got the impression theres more coming in tomorrow.

Advertisement