Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So when Can I expect the HTC Desire HD to appear on the irish market?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Also has DVLA, which is a big plus for me...

DVLA??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

mambo wrote: »
    DVLA??

I should have said:
    DLNA....

Apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mcbert

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I think it adds allot of power increase, but most importantly it will include efficiencies for certain tasks which will improve the experience as a whole... One of these efficiencies is to reduce the power consumption...

See the G2/Desire Z oveclocked here: http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/20/t-mobile-g2-overclocked-to-1-4ghz-starts-blitzing-benchmarks-v/

Reduced power consumption? I hope you are not suggesting the Desire HD will have better battery life than the Desire. Yep, the CPU/chipset is more efficient, but it is fed by a smaller battery, a has a more power-hungry screen.

I really wanted on of these, but have decided to wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

mcbert wrote: »
    Reduced power consumption? I hope you are not suggesting the Desire HD will have better battery life than the Desire. Yep, the CPU/chipset is more efficient, but it is fed by a smaller battery, a has a more power-hungry screen.

I really wanted on of these, but have decided to wait...

He didn't. He was talking about efficiencies within the context of the chipset.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭brendanL

back on topic.

I was in a vodaphone store today, they said if I payed for the phone in full today I'd get it on the 26th,

I went to a three store and sales guy said they'd have it on the 8th of november.

Carphone warhouse guys didn't have a clue ;D

I guess I just gotta decide which place I want it from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

brendanL wrote: »
    back on topic.
    It's all on topic ;)
    I was in a vodaphone store today, they said if I payed for the phone in full today I'd get it on the 26th,
    Which store, because I would be very tempted to take that gamble, I'm going to get one anyway so even if it wasn't released on the 26th I imagine I would have one as soon as it was released.

On the other hand though, is it going to be cheaper to buy from their website?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

Baz_ wrote: »
    It's all on topic ;)

Which store, because I would be very tempted to take that gamble, I'm going to get one anyway so even if it wasn't released on the 26th I imagine I would have one as soon as it was released.

On the other hand though, is it going to be cheaper to buy from their website?

They say it'll be on the Vodafone website later today
    http://forum.vodafone.ie/index.php?/topic/5429-handset-news/

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Nision

back on topic.

I went to a three store and sales guy said they'd have it on the 8th of november.

Carphone warhouse guys didn't have a clue ;D

I guess I just gotta decide which place I want it from.

I was in Three yesterday and was told they had no plans to stock the phone.
    Glad to hear your news.
    Meteor said they think think they'll have it by the end of November.

Were you given a quote for how much by Vodaphone?

I'm so Fupping excited now!!! Thank you!

Nision wrote: »
    I was in Three yesterday and was told they had no plans to stock the phone.
    Glad to hear your news.
    Meteor said they think think they'll have it by the end of November.

Were you given a quote for how much by Vodaphone?

Nah I was so excited to hear that I could buy it, that I forgot to ask how much ...and ran off to the three store to see if it was in the same boat, I'll be in again tomorrow to ask :D.... annoyingly I wanted to know if I could get it as PAYG and that was the main reason I went in but after I heard they were getting it I was like OMG OMG!! XD and began counting the minutes until I checked my bank balence :D

stupid I know XD

It's the vodaphone store in Blanchardstown Shopping Center, inside beside the imaginarium.

oh and I asked in the Three kiosk outside near Lidl and the guy said... I have noOooo idea :D
    he also raised a valuable point, if three spent ages getting the desire ready for their network... then why would they immediately drop it for
    a new model. I see his point, and he seemed more honest then Three store inside and that's where I got the date.

However he also said 'the honest Kiosk guy ;D' that they could just call him and say... tomorrow there's a load of HTC Desire HD's on the way to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 dmc100

So its just up on vodafone now. I'm so tempted but its only available on 18 month contracts!:(

dmc100 wrote: »
    So its just up on vodafone now. I'm so tempted but its only available on 18 month contracts!:(

*falls on ground*
    NoooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOooooo XD

maybe they just haven't added a PAYG option yet..... maybe *sniff*
    well I'll ask instore tomorrow, but I guess I've suspected for awhile it'd only be offered this way at the start of it's release.

dmc100 wrote: »

can't see it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

It's only on pay monthly, switch network and customer care haven't heard about it at all.

can't see it...

Yeah seems to be only available on the "Thinking of switching to vodafone option"

http://www.vodafone.ie/df/paymonthly/porting/index.jsp

Dirty bastards!!

After all my years of loyal custom, unhappy I am!

Dirty bastards!!

After all my years of loyal custom, unhappy I am!

Loyalty means nothing to irish networks. Better deals if you move every year. Its a lot of bother though.

I've been checking the meteor website too just in case.

I would trade them my left arm for one on PAYG now rather then a few months down the line... damn them -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

I was in VF in Gorey today and the lad in there showed me the price POS that arrived this morning for the HD €429 on pay as you go. He's hoping to have stock in the next two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭funnyclub

Just ordered it there yipee:D bye bye Iphone 3GS

• Advertisement

Kxiii wrote: »
    I was in VF in Gorey today and the lad in there showed me the price POS that arrived this morning for the HD €429 on pay as you go. He's hoping to have stock in the next two weeks.

I love you :D... I can't wait to get into the shop tomorrow and ask.

funnyclub wrote: »
    Just ordered it there yipee:D bye bye Iphone 3GS

****er! ;)

I'm so jealous!

****er! ;)

I'm so jealous!

;)

Now all we need is for a network thats not outrageously overpriced on billpay to stock it!

Now all we need is for a network thats not outrageously overpriced on billpay to stock it!

Exactly! Just hoping we dont have to wait too long. If it wasn't for the 18 month contract i probably would have orderedone from vodafone today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Why must meteor do everything in their power not to let me get a Desire/Desire HD with them. Want one now!

Tempted to order now with vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Order before 3pm tomorrow and receive your order Tuesday October 26th, 2010

O RLY? :D

I am happy enough changing to vodaphone as I get a 15% discount on my bills through my job :D

Even at that your getting ripped off at the lower cost bill plans.

• Advertisement

Sangre wrote: »
    Why must meteor do everything in their power not to let me get a Desire/Desire HD with them. Want one now!

Tempted to order now with vodafone.

Hold out or you'll pay dearly for it for 18 months.

Advertisement