Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions' Thread ***Info, News & Results***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Bingo1

Ballyfermot show sounds good. I went to Ratoath to see Ricky Steamboat Junior vs James Mason instead. great match.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭FFPW_Dean

An All Star show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Tommy Ref

I believe that was one of Orig's shows

Of course, cheers Thomas!

Great show in ratoath. Also included Lisa Fury and Erin Angel, Ringo Ryan and Goliath. Didn't catch the names of the others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

cinder wrote: »
    was at the ballyfermot show. great show put on. a lot of the crowd was very unruly at times. the ref got a ton of abuse. great respones for working class john captain rooney red vinny and mandrake. overall a tenner well spent plus i got a dvd with guys like doug basham and eugene on it at the show for dirt cheap.

You got that right about the crowd. It was mental! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭cinder

You got that right about the crowd. It was mental! :eek:
    good show though. what was your favourite match?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

Erm the Mandrake one I'd say

Oh & Vinny ofc :rolleyes:

Although I didn't get to watch much as I was trying to prevent those lovely young children from climbing into the ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Bingo1 wrote: »
    Ballyfermot show sounds good. I went to Ratoath to see Ricky Steamboat Junior vs James Mason instead. great match.

You'd think these companies would advertise properly FFS, I'd have liked to see this.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭EoinHeffernan

flahavaj wrote: »
    You'd think these companies would advertise properly FFS, I'd have liked to see this.:mad:

The fact that the show was in Meath and you being in Waterford may explain why you did'nt see any advertising for this. If you meant as regards online advertising, it's a waste of time and Orig is in his 70's and is still possibly unaware of this whole internet thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

The fact that the show was in Meath and you being in Waterford may explain why you did'nt see any advertising for this. If you meant as regards online advertising, it's a waste of time and Orig is in his 70's and is still possibly unaware of this whole internet thing.

I THINK my brother said something about some wrestling show with no "big" names and wanting €20 odd in.

Anyways if thats not it, im in Blanch and I seen and heard nothing of this show. SO whats it matter if you in blanch or waterford where was it advertised?

One would assume posters, flyers and The Meath Chronicle as evidence by the editorial piece they did for them: http://www.meathchronicle.ie/news/meatheast/articles/2009/09/23/391462-wrestling-superstars-set-for-return-to-ratoath/

Even though Blanch is only about 30mins away, why would they be about advertising in Blanch? It's a show marketed towards those in ratoath and it's close environs. There is little point in advertising in Blanch, especially given the costs involved, plus factor in that the venue only holds 200-300 which Orig and co possibly figured they could sell out by simply advertising to the locals.

Whether they did or not is another story though. I'll go as far to say that €21-23 is extortionate for indy wrestling in Ireland with no name stars on the bill, and no Ricky Steamboat Jnr. doesn't count. Irish Whip back in the heyday only on occasion charged over €20 and there was a lot of name talent on those cards to justify the extra prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Well driving wise blanch is 20 minutes away or less and its not like there's a mad gap, its almost linked with urban sprawl.

IF they managed to sell out @ those rates with just local promotion fair play to them. I know if i was hyping that show i wouldn't rely solely on a small village/s and ignore a place the size of blanchardstown.

jeffk wrote: »
    I know if i was hyping that show i wouldn't rely solely on a small village/s and ignore a place the size of blanchardstown.

But if, and it's a big IF, they can sell out by relying on the locals then what's the point of additional advertising. But I can see your point given the population of Blanch. Then again in saying that, if I were running it, I most definitely wouldn't be doing shows in tiny rural towns like Ratoath to begin with.

Could the poster who attended the show possibly give a guestimate as regards crowd attendance? Very curious to know given the ticket prices.

Irish Talent in Action this past weekend:

Premier British Wrestling 'Maximum Impact', Magnum Centre, Irvine, Scotland, 17th October 2009:

PBW Tag Team Championship No DQ:
    High Energy (CJ Hunter & Johnny Starr) def Sean South (c) & Logan Storm

2009 King of Cruisers Match:
    Bubblegum def Noam Dar, BT Gunn, Falcon, Joey Hayes, & Bingo Ballance. Last pinning Noam Dar

Referee for the evening; Tommy McNulty

Notes:

Tommy McNulty made his PBW refereeing debut at Maximum Impact, keeping order in two chaotic matches, one being the No DQ Tag Team Championship brawl, the other being Kevin Thorne taking on Darkside w/Charles Boddington. McNulty certainly impressed management by keeping order in the line of fire, even if it did cause him some pain.

10120_185196470708_707705708_4316570_6954377_n.jpg

Following High Energy's victory over Sean South & stand in partner Logan Storm, the new tag team champions fell to a beatdown from the enraged 18stone Drongan wrecking machine Storm. This was interrupted by an unlikely source. . .South himself, who clocked Logan Storm with a PBW tag team championship before awarding the titles to the new champions & congratulating them.

9322_185116400708_707705708_4315795_6774070_n.jpg

Bingo Ballance once again aimed to become crowned the PBW King of Cruisers in a fast paced exciting match. Although it was Bubblegum who stole the win, Ballance came home with many skin flakes of various opponents following a mind boggling array of back rakes!

9322_185206810708_707705708_4316673_3436387_n.jpg

Following this, Sean South helped to teach the FFPW style of pro wrestling to trainees of the Scottish Pro Wrestling Academy, the session was a special two part seminar, the first half hosted by Sean South, and the second taught by former WWE/ECW wrestler Kevin Thorne.

It was a wonderful show and i'm proud to have been a part of it

Tommy Ref wrote: »
    It was a wonderful show and i'm proud to have been a part of it
    was there many at it? good to see bingo doing well. how come he doesn't be on irish whip shows anymore?

cinder wrote: »
    was there many at it? good to see bingo doing well. how come he doesn't be on irish whip shows anymore?

Almost 600 I believe. Hes no longer with IWW he can however be seen at Wrestling.IE shows

Almost 600 I believe. Hes no longer with IWW he can however be seen at Wrestling.IE shows

when and where is the next wrestling.ie show?

I saw an advert in the Sunday World at least twice. That's how I knew about it. The Sunday World is the only newspaper I buy. If it had been in the Independent I wouldn't have seen it.

I suppose the fact that the venue only holds a little over 200 would restrict the amount of money you could afford to spend on advertising. The local papers are probably a lot cheaper to advertise in.

When IWW run a show in Drogheda, or NLW in the small theatre in Naas they don't advertise in the Dublin papers either. Which is a shame because with the new motorway you could get to Drogheda quicker than some parts of Dublin and the same with Naas.

When I was buying the ticket (€21) I asked why it was so expensive and the girl said the ticket was actually €18 and the theatre add on an extra €3 towards a building fund or something.

However it was well worth the money and I can't wait till next time.

• Advertisement

Official Attendance was 675 I believe

I saw an advert in the Sunday World at least twice. That's how I knew about it. The Sunday World is the only newspaper I buy. If it had been in the Independent I wouldn't have seen it.

I suppose the fact that the venue only holds a little over 200 would restrict the amount of money you could afford to spend on advertising. The local papers are probably a lot cheaper to advertise in.

When IWW run a show in Drogheda, or NLW in the small theatre in Naas they don't advertise in the Dublin papers either. Which is a shame because with the new motorway you could get to Drogheda quicker than some parts of Dublin and the same with Naas.

When I was buying the ticket (€21) I asked why it was so expensive and the girl said the ticket was actually €18 and the theatre add on an extra €3 towards a building fund or something.

However it was well worth the money and I can't wait till next time.

A quick post on boards costs nothing. I'm sure I'm not the only fan (especially internet fan) who would have relished the opportunity to see Steamboat's son in action.

A quick post on boards costs nothing. I'm sure I'm not the only fan (especially internet fan) who would have relished the opportunity to see Steamboat's son in action.

So it's my fault that you didn't see Steamboat?

So it's my fault that you didn't see Steamboat?

Of course not, you sound like this man:

Gene_Snitsky_cropped.jpg

Bingo1: "Its NOT my fault!!!"

Was the show advertised on any internet message forums etc is all I'm asking? Considering thats where you're likely to find a target audience most likely to know who Steamboat Jr is and who'd be likely to make the effort to go see him, I thought a few ads on such fora would be a no-brainer.

When I asked was it advertised, the answer I received was "ads cost money." To which I replied that it costs nothing to throw a few post on message boards such as this. If i've inadvertently missed such ads, I apologise.

But to think that me enquiring as to why the show wasn't better advertised (I presume people who run these shows LIKE to make as much money as is possible?) is in some way insinuating that its your fault personally is beyond ridiculous and comes across as rude and a bit touchy.

wow 21 euro is lot to paying for an indie wrestling show in this day and age. i don't care if ricky steamboat jr. is on it (who's only had a handful of matches anyway) that is too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

You could get tickets for TNA's Bound For Glory on the day for 20 dollars if you paid and that's way less in Euro for their supposed Wrestlemania. I think their top tickets weren't too much more expensive.

You could get tickets for TNA's Bound For Glory on the day for 20 dollars if you paid and that's way less in Euro for their supposed Wrestlemania. I think their top tickets weren't too much more expensive.

that's good value on tna's part. anyone know the rathoath attendance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭IwWInfo

IwW held a show in Portlaois last night which played host to a title change! Scotland's Jason Rotanda defeated Zero Gravity Champion LA Warren to become the first non Irish wrestler to hold the ZG Championship.

34i4upd.jpg

Whilst LA Warren used questionable tactics throughout his ZG Championship reign he is still the longest reigning ZG Champion ever & while get his rematch against Rotanda at the next IwW Show. Congratulations to Jason as we know he will do a great job as champion & will wear the belt with pride.

25/10/09

Working Class John overcame Captain Rooney

Jason Rotanda defeated LA Warren to become Zero Gravity Champion

Jason Rotanda & Working Class John beat LA Warren & Captain Rooney were had Jason been pinned he would of lost the ZG Championship

Mandrake retained his IwW Int. Heavyweight Championship against The Supermodel in a 2 Out Of 3 Falls match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ICWInfo

IRISH CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING.
    FRIDAY 30TH OCTOBER,
    HACKETSTOWN COMMUNITY CENTRE,
    HACKETSTOWN CO CARLOW,
    DOORS 7PM, BELL TIME 7.30PM,
    TICKETS 5 EURO.

Irish Championship Wrestling holds its debut show this Friday night with all proceeds going to St Johns Daycare Centre, Hacketstown. Best of luck to all involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

ICWInfo wrote: »
    IRISH CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING.
    FRIDAY 30TH OCTOBER,
    HACKETSTOWN COMMUNITY CENTRE,
    HACKETSTOWN CO CARLOW,
    DOORS 7PM, BELL TIME 7.30PM,
    TICKETS 5 EURO.

Irish Championship Wrestling holds its debut show this Friday night with all proceeds going to St Johns Daycare Centre, Hacketstown. Best of luck to all involved.

Who's on the show?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement