Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions' Thread ***Info, News & Results***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭IwWInfo

Just I said it before in regards to us advertising online with out getting in to it or risk of starting an argument again if you want to PM were you live il mail you ever time we have show close to you,

Just Luas I PM'd you back a while ago about an upcoming show in Rathcoole, an just as its a show for charity we are doing a show in Finglas on Thursday night if people want details please PM me I can forward them on to you (I dont have the details handy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Luas Lane

Yes you did and thank you for that. But you just said Rathcoole, you never said time, date or venue. But i might try to pop along to that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

Theres a show in the 10th that will be worth checking out as it will feature Red Vinny in his final ever match. I got this bulletin on myspace a few days ago.

"Red Vinny's final match. October 10th 2009
    Hello everyone,
    Im not sure how many of you will get the chance to read this, but I said I was going to post a bulletin in relation to it anyway.

My final wrestling match will be this October the 10th for IwW. I have no choice but to leave wrestling.

Let me bring you up to speed.
    January 2008, on a tour in LaReunion I broke my foot which caused some nevrve damage that I have never fullt recovered from. I had a hand full of matches since then, none of them near my best.

While away from the ring, and not training, I began getting horrible pains in my shoulder and neck. I have a long history of problems with my joints, but upon visiting my GP I was shocked to find out I have a serious condition that they did notice before.

I will be unable to wrestle after I begin treatment in November.

This saddens me to no extent, as I have constantly been rehabbing my foot to get back into the ring and really make a come back. This is no longer a possibility.

After my treatment, Im gonna do what ever I can to try and get back and wrestle. However I cant really ever see that happening.

I just wanted to say that I have loved the last 6 years I have been wrestling. People I have met and the places I have been, aswell as the stories I have been part of, I would go through all that pain over again if needs be.

I hope if you can you can make it to the IwW show on the 10th
    I'll post some details when I have them.
    If you want to get in touch with me, you can find me at:

http://www.myspace.com/472852141

Thanks for reading guys!
    Vinny"

Not sure if i can post a link to it but anyone here who has vinny on their myspace should have it too.
    if i was in the country i would be trying to make this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

That's unfortunate. I always liked Vinny.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FFPW Office

Everyone at Fight Factory Pro Wrestling would like to wish Red Vinny the best of luck with his future endeavours (no pun intended).

Even though Red Vinny never worked along side us at FFPW its a shame to see anyone pulled away from the ring due to injury. Hope all goes well in Finglas.

All the best Dan,
    PB.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭cinder

Everyone at Fight Factory Pro Wrestling would like to wish Red Vinny the best of luck with his future endeavours (no pun intended).

Even though Red Vinny never worked along side us at FFPW its a shame to see anyone pulled away from the ring due to injury. Hope all goes well in Finglas.

All the best Dan,
    PB.

Is vinny not wrestling in ballyfermot on saturday? that's the 10th. was gonna go to that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

cinder wrote: »
    Is vinny not wrestling in ballyfermot on saturday? that's the 10th. was gonna go to that one.

He was as far as i knew and thats it hes done, if its finglas all the better for me.
    Still no word on time and where exactly, plus i still say vinnys final match on the same time as a irish match is a bad idea.

jeffk wrote: »
    He was as far as i knew and thats it hes done, if its finglas all the better for me.
    Still no word on time and where exactly, plus i still say vinnys final match on the same time as a irish match is a bad idea.

im not sure think doors were seven. my friend is the one that told me about it

im not sure think doors were seven. my friend is the one that told me about it

Cool cool hopefully someone will post the full spec of the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Tommy Ref

Wrestling.ie Results

9th October, Antrim, Northern Ireland

King of the Ring tournament

Quarter Finals

Dunkan Disorderly def. The Executioner

Shawn Maxer def. King Killian

Paul Tracey def. Bingo Ballance

Rockhard Redman def. JC Williams

Semi Finals

Dunkan Disorderly def. Shawn Maxer

Paul Tracey def. Rockhard Redman

Finals

Dunkan Disorderly def. Paul Tracey

• Advertisement

jeffk wrote: »
    Cool cool hopefully someone will post the full spec of the show.

According to a friend of mine who im going with tonight the ballyfermot show is in the ballyfermot civic centre on the ballyfermot road and doors are seven

According to a friend of mine who im going with tonight the ballyfermot show is in the ballyfermot civic centre on the ballyfermot road and doors are seven

yeah i had an idea thats where it would be thanks.
    Makes you wonder why iww or even someone to do with vinny didnt post this info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

I saw a poster in Rathmines for an IWW show in Templeogue sometime this month. As much as I'd like to go, I haven't a clue when its on or what the venue is!

Not to fall into the category of Iww bashers or people who were involved and now hate iww.

But what does this solve, let’s not advertise on the net because someone rang up and got shows cancelled. This is crazy, might be true might not be true. Also as a poster has said he knows there’s a show but doesn’t no fully where and when.

To me I loved iww and went where and when I could. I would love to do the same now, but they do so much wrong that it puts fans of. It’s like they want people to stop going almost.

Then we have a final match of one of the best workers they have. Does iww say lets book his home town (always done well there) and hype it to the max a month beforehand. No they say nothing and only for a poster seen dan/vinnys myspace we would be none the wiser.

Even now I want to go to it, but why? All I have it a mate of a mate says (not knocking the poster or his/her mate).Not to mention most people likely to go to wrestling will be watching the Irish match.

Rantage over!!!

Wrestling.ie Results

10th October, Limavady, Northern Ireland

Paul Tracey def. Dunkan Disorderly

The Executioner def. Frankie Fever

Rockhard Redman def. Shawn Maxer

Bonesaw McGraw def. King Killian

Bingo Ballance def. JC Williams

10 Man Elimination Tag Match

Paul Tracey, Shawn Maxer, The Executioner, JC Williams & Bonesaw McGraw

Vs

Rockhard Redman, Dunkan Disorderly, Frankie Fever, King Killian & Bingo Ballance

Sole Survivors Rockhard Redman & Dunkan Disorderly

As we said before we tried again to advertise on the net a few months ago and the next day a call was made suggesting to the venue that the show be cancelled, I dont understand why people think were making this up & I wont get into an argument about it but ideally it would be great to use all media to advertise a show even if the net is only a very small percentage of consumers,

Jeff Vinny only found out from his doctor last week that there is a good chance he wont be able to wrestle after his imminent surgery, he was only around for our Saturday show and thats why it was booked that way, again ideally had we known in advance we could of booked a hometown show & advertised to the net (as I think alot of the fans here would like to see him one last time). And yes the Ireland match was a large oversight on our behalf

Flanator not in a smart way but I dont know why you dont know were & when the Terenure show is if you seen the poster as the info would been all on it (unless you meant you dont know were the venue is direction wise?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

IwWInfo wrote: »
    As we said before we tried again to advertise on the net a few months ago and the next day a call was made suggesting to the venue that the show be cancelled, I dont understand why people think were making this up & I wont get into an argument about it but ideally it would be great to use all media to advertise a show even if the net is only a very small percentage of consumers,

Jeff Vinny only found out from his doctor last week that there is a good chance he wont be able to wrestle after his imminent surgery, he was only around for our Saturday show and thats why it was booked that way, again ideally had we known in advance we could of booked a hometown show & advertised to the net (as I think alot of the fans here would like to see him one last time). And yes the Ireland match was a large oversight on our behalf

Flanator not in a smart way but I dont know why you dont know were & when the Terenure show is if you seen the poster as the info would been all on it (unless you meant you dont know were the venue is direction wise?)

I was walking to college, I don't have a photographic memory. All I remember about it was that it said that it was on in Templeouge, In October, possibly on a Sunday? Look, if you don't want me there, its no skin off my nose mate.

Firstly thanks for the reply.

I was talking to my brother about this and he said email and or sms people on a mailing list?
    I’m sure you or the lads/ladies could run pick areas, get a meteor or any other company card and use the webtexts. Then if a show comes up in say Blanch, you email/text people interested in that area. This way you’ll have a list of people and in most ways can marginalise who could cause a show to be cancelled.

On the vinny last match, I was only going on the information given/received. If I knew the doctor bit then I would have understood the timing and that. So I retract what I said on that matter!!!!
    I never went down as I said no “official” conformation was given on the show so didn’t fancy a spin to ballyfermot for possibly nothing.

Also the Irish match, all ill say is I have said this before when you ran blanch the last time one of the English big 4 where playing. Again this should be delegated to someone to say October 10th such a hall is free but there’s an “insert match/sport event on” don’t book it for then.

Did anyone record vinnys last match? Stick it up on the ole you tube for us net fans :D or throw out a dvd or his matches, even better idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

People don't doubt your story, they just think it is a weak reason to stop advertising online or even update your own website. I'm pretty sure you're not the first promotion to have to deal with such things.

The online percentage didn't used to be a small percentage, it was just grinded down into that. Most home have internet these days. If you put effort into getting people to check out the website and retain their information your small percentage would become a sizeable percentage and you'd hit more people with less effort.

Jeff we do have a email service if you PM me or send an email to iwwinfo@gmail.com we can send you show notifications,

Flanantor Like I said I didnt mean to offend you or anything I was just curious, I cant think of any reason to not want you at a show:o (my best apologetic face)

Cannibal your probably right maybe it could be gathered into a larger percentage but it just to do with the hassle of possibly cancellation, as I said we havent totally shunned the internet as we have the email service which has alot of people nationwide.

• Advertisement

Jeff we do have a email service if you PM me or send an email to iwwinfo@gmail.com we can send you show notifications,

Flanantor Like I said I didnt mean to offend you or anything I was just curious, I cant think of any reason to not want you at a show

Now see EVERYONE can email Iww and get info on the show.
    I bet you wont come to Blanch anytime soon :P

Yup its been running a while pretty sure ive posted it after we stopped advertising online, I know I told you we may do Blanch in the summer but its unfortunatly still not planned but you'll be the first to know ... after the venue ... and wrestlers ... and well you get the point

Yup its been running a while pretty sure ive posted it after we stopped advertising online, I know I told you we may do Blanch in the summer but its unfortunatly still not planned but you'll be the first to know ... after the venue ... and wrestlers ... and well you get the point

Ah sure tis out there now and hopefully both people in the know and not in the know take advantage of it.
    Ah i don't remember if you set a time frame to be honest but would be good to be able to see where iww are at now.

I look forward to the email`s and hopefully the show!!

UPCOMING SHOWS

Wrestling.ie, 28th October, Magherabuoy Hotel, Portrush

Wrestling.ie, 29th October, Downpatrick Cricket Club, Downpatrick

Pro Wrestling Ulster, 30th October, Malone Rugby Club, Belfast

IwW had another successful weekend of shows this time around the Dublin area some of the highlights include: Over 500 fans attending our Finglas show, Red Vinnys last IwW match (although was sad to see) & Mandrake retaining his IwW title against The Supermodel & Angus Rotanda in Gruelling 2 out 3 Falls matchs & Last man Standin Matchs!

Finglas 8/10/09

Captain Rooney overcame Swiss Lucas (From Switzerland & trained in the Storm Academy & Team 3D School)

LA Warren pinned The Ballymun Bruiser in a non title Zero Gravity Match

Captain Rooney & The Ballymun Bruiser defeated LA Warren & Swiss Lucas

Mandrake retained his IwW International Heavyweight Championship against The Supermodel

Rathcoole 9/10/09

Jason Rotanda (Scotland) lost to ZG Champion LA Warren

Captain Rooney pinned Swiss Lucas (Switzerland)

Jason Rotanda & Captain Rooney overcame LA Warren & Swiss Lucas

Mandrake kept his IwW International Heavyweight Championship in a Last Man Standing Match against The Supermodel

Ballyfermot 10/10/09

The Supermodel pinned Captain Rooney

Working Class John defeated Swiss Lucas (Switzerland)

Captain Rooney & Working Class John beat Swiss Lucas & The Supermodel

LA Warren retained his ZG Championship against The Heretic Red Vinny in a Loser Leaves IwW Match

Mandrake retained his IwW International Heavyweight Championship in a 2 out of 3 Falls Match against Jason Rotanda (Scotland)

Terenure 11/10/09

The Supermodel defeated Working Class John

LA Warren kept his ZG Championship against Swiss Lucas (Switzerland)

Working Class John & Swiss Lucas overcame LA Warren & The Supermodel

Mandrake retained his IwW International Heavyweight Championship in a 2 out of 3 Falls Match against Jason Rotanda (Scotland)

IwW would like to thank Red Vinny for everything he has done since the very first IwW show all those years ago. It is very sad to see him have to leave but maybe if all goes well we might not see the last of The Heretic. Thanks Dan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Bingo1

Are the SEW still getting good crowds?

Yea they are still getting anywere from 200-400 people

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

Tommy Ref wrote: »
    Yea they are still getting anywere from 200-400 people

thats good to here,at least the companys up the north are doing great,i didnt make the iww show that was out my way in ballyfermot since it was my mates birthday but i wouldve liked to check there shows out,just as a matter of intrest,is there any companys still running down around dublin,i know most of the lads are traveling out of ireland which is great news and im hope they all do good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Luas Lane

Just after looking at the iww results from the weekend. I was hoping to get to the Rathcoole show as i was there the last time they ran there but just did'nt get around to it. But i was just wondering is iww running out of irish talent? Ive looked at their results of the past few months and there is no sign of Man Man Manson, Connor Hurley or Vic Viper. Now i know that Bingo Ballance has gone to that promotion up north and seems to be doing very well up there and that Manson and Hurley wrestles alot in the UK but have they left iww or what. Because they seem to be left with the same 4 or 5 irish wrestlers for every show so i was just wonder what the story was??

• Advertisement

was at the ballyfermot show. great show put on. a lot of the crowd was very unruly at times. the ref got a ton of abuse. great respones for working class john captain rooney red vinny and mandrake. overall a tenner well spent plus i got a dvd with guys like doug basham and eugene on it at the show for dirt cheap.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement