Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions' Thread ***Info, News & Results***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Rawm2008

I doubt a few people on a wrestling board will influence any with wrestling.ie, cryen bout wanting a show is funny, these are the same people who harped on bout irish promotions being the next big thing after gerry laid out his plans on here and even offered free addmision to the show to people off here, and that show drew an enfatic great number of 5 people.

Running a promotion is a risk full stop, there running places up here that have prob never had a wrestling show in them even from orig williams runnen most towns into the ground up here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

gimmick wrote: »

This is my first bit of modding as well, if this decends into a slagging match, posts will be deleted, topic closed again temporarily and infractions given out. The matter can easily be discussed with argument.

yep as Gimmick says (im sure he meant without arguement :)) lets not decend back the way the other thread was, this thread has been in good spirit so far so lets keep that up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

To get back to wrestling.ie. I spoke to a fella who attended the Larne show, and he told me he thought it was a great event. He's not a wrestling fan by any means, but took his son, but he said he ended up enjoying it just as much as his kid. Knowing this guy, that would suggest to me that it was a really well run, professional show.

I'm hoping them run a show in Belfast so I can catch them soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

Maybe we should do an organized mini-bus trip up to one of the north shows if there are enough interested sometime.

Onto other matters, are there any FFPW friends and family shows on the horizon?

Anything happening with PWU? I see their website is under construction so I don't know what's been happening there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Right lads, thats enough of that for now. All the points made are well made, but we are in danger of going round in a circle.

Moving on..............

Anyone seen the full line up for AWR's European tour? They really need to start cranking out DVDs with this line up. The roster of stars would only be bettered by WWE or TNA.

* Rob Van Dam
    * Bret Hart (only for the shows in Germany)
    * Sid Vicious
    * Raven
    * Sabu
    * X-Pac
    * Scotty 2 Hotty
    * Rene Dupree (AWR Heavyweight Champion)
    * The Briscoe Brothers (Mark & Jay Briscoe)
    * April Hunter
    * Rachelle St. Claire
    * Mascarita Sagrada
    * Dunkan Disorderly (No Limits Champion)
    * Shawn Maxer
    * Suicide Machine
    * "Lord of the Manor" Paul Tracey
    * Omen

When they come back to Ireland I hope they bring the Briscoe Brothers. I was a big mark for Sid in the 90's and that would be a great photo op, but I doubt there'll be too many watchable matches from him at this stage. If they get him cutting promos it could be awesome though. Weird to see Dupree still on tour though when they are talking about bringing Grenier back into WWE. Always thought Dupree had the better look and more potential of the two.

I'm kind of curious if the Irish guys are under an actual contract for AWR. You'd think mixing company with top stars would get them more diversified work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Tommy Ref

Onto other matters, are there any FFPW friends and family shows on the horizon?

Anything happening with PWU? I see their website is under construction so I don't know what's been happening there.

There is a friends and family show this Sunday at the Fight Factory. At the moment no PWU shows have been announced but I will keep you up to date on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Ah, just saw gimmicks post, nevermind.:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

There was a mod warning to leave the topic being discussed alone which was not followed, we have decided not to act (hense the split thread) as a result of this but I assure you that if that happens again infractions and bans will be handed out, you only get one second chance and now youve had it with the new moderating team

now to continue in the nice friendly vibe that had been going in this thread since its re-opening...

• Advertisement

Pro Wrestling Ulster's next show will be held at Malone Rugby Club, Belfast on the 2nd October.

Tommy Ref wrote: »
    Pro Wrestling Ulster's next show will be held at Malone Rugby Club, Belfast on the 2nd October.

Has the main event been announced?

No matches have been announced yet

Wrestling.IE now have 4 upcoming shows:

September 25th- Castle Leisure Centre, Bangor
    September 26th- Valley Hotel, Fivemiletown
    October 9th- Antrim Forum Leisure Centre, Antrim
    October 10th- Roe Valley Leisure Centre, Limavady

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Tommy Ref wrote: »
    Belfast Wrestling Academy

Bringing the sport back into professional wrestling

So you want to be a wrestler?
    Join the Belfast Wrestling Academy and live the dream!
    Learn all the basics of Professional Wrestling
    Advance to mastering the technical, power and high-flying aspects of the sport
    All training conducted by highly trained athletes
    Queen Street Studios, 37 Queen Street
    Every Saturday 3 – 5pm
    £5 Entry fee
    For Further details contact us via
    Email: belfastwrestlingacademy@hotmail.com
    Tel: 07989104293

Who will the trainer be?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭FFPW_Dean

FFPW On The Road:

IPW:UK Hardcore Lottery, Tap N' Tin, Kent, England, 10th Sept 2009
    IPW British Tag Team Championship Match:
    Leaders Of The New School (C) (Zack Sabre & Marty Scurll) def Jonny Storm & Paul Tracey.

CWN, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany, 11th Sept 2009
    Absolute Andy & Eric Schwarz def John Kay & Paul Tracey (25:47)

Notes:

Unlucky week for Paul Tracey here, as he lost in tag team competition on both thursday & friday, obviously still feeling the effects of the last AWR tour.

In other news Kev Rocks made his debut for Wrestling.ie this past weekend, making him only the second man to ever compete for every promotion in Ireland.

Sean Brennan was also in action for Wrestling.ie, once again proving why he's the probably best wrestler in the land in solid displays.

Results for both Rocks & Brennan at Wrestling.ie have been posted a couple of pages back in this thread for those interested.

Jordan Devlin & Sean South, collectively known as Green White & AWESOME, will be in action in Scotland this Friday when they defend their PBW Scottish Tag Team Championships in Dumbarton.

Finally, THERE'S A SHOW ON SUNDAY!

that is all.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

any details on sundays FFPW show?

No details just yet man, meaning anything could happen really!

Cheap plug:

Camp on Saturday & Sunday!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

whats best way to walk to this from the Dart Station in Bray? Shows at 6.45pm?

Who will the trainer be?

This post is strictly my own opinion & does not reflect that of FFPW management or necessarily reflect the views of any trainees.

This Belfast Wrestling Academy is a bit of a joke in my opinion. The beginner classes are being run by a guy who has wrestled for a year in PWU & had about 4 matches in that time, he goes by the name Joe Ward & has no business teaching anyone to wrestle. He's assisted by Chad Kingston, both are no longer associated with PWU I am told.

However, here's the catch, the Thursday sessions are being run by Machine/Bonesaw of Wrestling.ie & UCW fame, who in my view is one of the better wrestlers in Northern Ireland & has some knowledge in the field of wrestling, however he only does these classes with non beginners.

there's my rant, hope you enjoyed.

• Advertisement

Fight Factory International Report:

Premier British Wrestling, Dumbarton Burgh Hall, Scotland, September 18th 2009:

PBW Tag Team Championship
    Green White & AWESOME (Sean South & Jordan Devlin) [C] def The Highlander & J Hazard.

Notes:
    Devlin & South returned to Scotland representing FFPW in impressive fashion this past weekend, making short work of veteran Highlander & young up & comer J Hazard. The match was put to rest following Devlins impressive moonsault finisher on Highlander.
    On a side note, Devlin was almost injured following a vicious northern lights bomb from Hazard, luckily the effect it had on his neck had worn off by the following day.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 NI Nightmare

Just an Update

PWU will not be putting on a show on October 2nd. Unfortunately Tommy ignored the first rule of PWU, ;). There will be a show announced hopefully within the next day or so. I will let you know as and when I get the information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Bingo1

What is the first rule of PWU?

Sorry, use of an in Joke.

Let's just say he listened to something or someone he shouldn't have.

Here was me thinkin it was gonna be all cool like the first rule of Fight Club!

Don't think I'd want to be in a fight club with Tron! :eek:

But I'm really quite a nice person

As long as I can use a step ladder.

Don't think I'd want to be in a fight club with Tron! :eek:

Is that not what a wrestling promotion kinda sorta is?!

• Advertisement

Results from the Wrestling.IE show, 25th September, Bangor, Northern Ireland

King of the Ring tournament

Quarter Finals

Chris Andrews Def. JC Williams

Paul Tracey Def. Silva Bullet

Tron Def. The Executioner

Bonesaw McGraw Def. Frankie Fever

Semi Finals

Chris Andrews Def. Paul Tracey

Bonesaw McGraw Def Tron (DQ)

Finals

Chris Andrews Def. Bonesaw McGraw

This discussion has been closed.