Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise Ireland Graduates for International Growth- G4IG

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jdjo85

Has anyone completed the online tests? Are their any answers for practice tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ddubs

Yeah I completed them, only got about half of them done, but got an invite to the next stage regardless. I think the trick is to be accurate and as quick as you can as opposed to being really quick but careless

Oh that is great (ddubs) well done :) Yeah I think you are right there. It is impossible to complete all questions in the given time. Pity they don't provide you with any results on the practice tests :D

Hi guys has anyone attended this year's assessment centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Van City

How long before you know whether you get an invite or not after completing the tests?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ngmers

Van City
    "How long before you know whether you get an invite or not after completing the tests?"
    Probably over the time of 5-6 hours this is maximum waiting time, as i have heeard so far from my pals

• Registered Users Posts: 10 chicagilly

Hi guys, how long does it take before you know whether you get an invite to the assessment centre after completing the online tests?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 dunnear

I emailed them and they say 5 to 10 working days but its been about 9 for me and I amn't hopeful .Do they ever get back to you and say you have not been successful or are you just left hanging?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 McLovin87

Can anyone who has been through the Assessment Centre this year give an idea of the what it's like? As in is it similar to last year and if not what's different etc. Any curveballs etc.

Cheers,

McL

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭scrapsmac

Hi guys. Recently completed the assessment day. Any idea when we find out if we've been shortlisted?
    Hope it went well for everyone!
    all the best

• Advertisement

McLovin87 wrote: »
    Can anyone who has been through the Assessment Centre this year give an idea of the what it's like? As in is it similar to last year and if not what's different etc. Any curveballs etc.

Cheers,

McL

Twas exactly as the email outlined. Group exercise, aptitude test, interview/pres. Nothing to worry about. The G4IG people were lovely and we were made feel at ease throughout the whole process

• Registered Users Posts: 32 AnMoralltach

scrapsmac wrote: »
    Hi guys. Recently completed the assessment day. Any idea when we find out if we've been shortlisted?
    Hope it went well for everyone!
    all the best

What sort of company did you use for the presentation?did most people use small or big companies?

I don't think it matters! Either is good so don't worry. There was a real mix of big/small on the day:)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 AnMoralltach

Could you be a bit more specific in terms of what products/sectors people used?sorry to be bothering you but im really drawing a blank in terms of inspiration here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Mack3

Anyone hear if they have been shortlisted for the company interview stage? I know they said should be finalised mid/end Sept 2011..interested to hear if any1 has heard how they performed in the assessment centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 humpysomething

Sort of a bump....

Anyone hear anything back yet? Did my assessment/interview day on the 23rd August. Does anyone know if the assessments are still going?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ULgrad11

Hey guys the assessment centres are still taking place. I had mine the 7th of September so I expect we won't hear back until the end of September!!! Hope that helps and best of luck to everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gillianmc88

yep just heard there about 15 mins ago. delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 gates21

I got through to the interview stage too! I thought the whole experience went terribly so it came as a big surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dannyirish06

likewise guys and i know of another that has go through also. There are 300 of us now fighting for 120 jobs. still gonna be tough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 gates21

Actually I got a job last week that I'm 98% sure I'm going to accept so there'll be 299 of ye competing! I'm just surprised I even got through, they really ripped me to shreds in the one-on-one interview. Best of luck to all of ye anyway, hope it goes well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 humpysomething

Congratulations on getting through to the final interviews guys! Did you get an email from them? Haven't heard anything yet, hopefully on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ddubs

That old fella in the one on one interviews was a pr**k. Really knocked my confidence in interviews in general. but I got through too so I guess he was maybe prepping me?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dannyirish06

Yea got the email last night along with others. I thought the wee old man was nice enough, had some good feedback for me at the end of the interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 pootins

I got the email last night too. Sligtly disappointed with the fact that there are still 300 candidates. Thought there would be a bit more of a screening at the Assessment Centre cause it's turning into a pretty drawn out process now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 funsize86

Got the e-mail too. I did the assessment centre at the end of August so it seemed like ages waiting to hear back. I'm surprised there is still so many of us left. I guess we have a 1 in 3 chance roughly.

I'm interested to know the type of companies hiring and where they are looking to expand to.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Who Knows?

I also got the email. Should be interesting to see which companies come through as possible "matches". Anyone know where there may be a possible list of companies they select from? Are the matches made based on our CVs or based on our short presentation/interview?

Hi all,

I was wondering whether any of you know the job description of this programme, i.e.
    • Course in Dublin for 6 months - what does that cover?
    • Travel required from sucessful candidates?
    • Salary expected for candidates (in €)?
    • On completion of the programme, what do people go on to do afterwards (...typically)?
    If any of you have insights on this or more, please drop a line. My girlfriend is asking me and I dont know what to tell her. The information was not so clear on the programme description details.

Thanks!

Who Knows? wrote: »
    Hi all,

I was wondering whether any of you know the job description of this programme, i.e.
    • Course in Dublin for 6 months - what does that cover?
    • Travel required from sucessful candidates?
    • Salary expected for candidates (in €)?
    • On completion of the programme, what do people go on to do afterwards (...typically)?
    If any of you have insights on this or more, please drop a line. My girlfriend is asking me and I dont know what to tell her. The information was not so clear on the programme description details.

Thanks!

Hey buddy! I'm also through to the last 300. I'll fill you in with what I know so far.

- From having a quick read of the booklet, I gather the course is very hands on. It says there is a good bit of project and group work. I'd imagine it is basically building up your commercial awareness, making you aware of current trends internationally and whatnot. Page 5 of the booklet I have linked below outlines the course in more detail

http://www.enterprise-ireland.com/en/Management/develop-export-selling-capability/G4IG-Brochure-for-Graduates.pdf

- Regarding travel, do you mean when you are in Ireland attending the course or when you are working abroad? I would imagine it can vary depending on the employer and their requirements.

- I too am wondering about the salary. From what I gather (I am not sure if this is 100% accurate!) on the G4IG website, Enterprise Ireland will fund recruitment costs, training and matching up to 14,500euro. It is probably then up to the company to top this value up. Alot will depend on where you are based. I did find another table the other day which outlined this in more detail but I can't find it now. do'h!

- I reckon you're best getting in touch with some of the earlier posters in this thread from the first year of recruitment. I would say this is a very open ended question as the overseas experience of the programme will differ for most people and alot will depend on the financial and future prospects of the company you are placed with.

Hope I havn't confused you more. Like I said, I'm in the same boat as you so my understanding is fairly limited at this stage.

Hope it goes well for you!! :)

• Advertisement

Hey,

Thanks for that. I am hoping to hear from EI about potential matches. Sounds like an interesting programme though and a good opportunity.

Its a shame how we cannot have access to the list of companies to give us a 'general' idea of their operations and locations. Candidate could examine the list to see whather they are even interested in working with the lised companies? It would also allow us to eliminate companies based on their innovations (e.g. IT, medical device,....etc).

Anyway - I guess we will find out soon enough?

Thanks again scrapsmac,

If ya hear any word - keep me updated and I will do likewise.

Cheers.

Advertisement