Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hell On Wheels [AMC - US] *Spoilers*

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

It'll take a lot to get this show a season renewal for next season (if it hasn't got one already and has another season).

I really like the show despite the slightly ropey side stories this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

It fills a void in their saturday night schedule, i think, and from what I gather is doing alright in that slot.

While I'm way behind with the show I would hate to see it cancelled as there's nothing better than a western to occupy the cold winter months. I've been saving Hell on Wheels for the past number of years, only seen series 1 and been waiting on a gap that it will fill and hey I just found one seeing as a certain someone walked out of my life this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

While I'm way behind with the show I would hate to see it cancelled as there's nothing better than a western to occupy the cold winter months. I've been saving Hell on Wheels for the past number of years, only seen series 1 and been waiting on a gap that it will fill and hey I just found one seeing as a certain someone walked out of my life this evening.

Seen Deadwood?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭squonk

Sorry to hear that Darko. I'm really liking this season overall. Lots more conflict and gunfights which is always a good thing. I too hope the show keeps going. Being a Clareman, I loved the line in the latest episode "Get in touch with my sweetheard in Lisdoonvarna!" :). Barely audible but a nice touch all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

squonk wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Darko. I'm really liking this season overall. Lots more conflict and gunfights which is always a good thing. I too hope the show keeps going. Being a Clareman, I loved the line in the latest episode "Get in touch with my sweetheard in Lisdoonvarna!" :). Barely audible but a nice touch all the same.

WHen was that episode on, and what was the context of the lisdoonvarna line,does anyone know why they would use such a line ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Wow. Didn't see the
    church lady
    whip the gun out coming! Nice shooting, though. But next episode not til the 8th November? Boo!

whupdedo wrote: »
    WHen was that episode on, and what was the context of the lisdoonvarna line,does anyone know why they would use such a line ?

The episode was the latest one in US pace. The line was used because the church was burning and Bohannon headed in to rescue a guy who was trapped under some wood. He reckoned he wouldn't survive so shouted at Bohannon to send a message to his true love in Lisdoonvarna, to tell her to marry Doherty and not die an old maid or something like that. Bohannon pulls the wood off the guy and tells him he'll have to tell her himself. The guy then says "I don't know how to contact her" and Bohannon tells him that's his problem! :).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

squonk wrote: »
    The episode was the latest one in US pace. The line was used because the church was burning and Bohannon headed in to rescue a guy who was trapped under some wood. He reckoned he wouldn't survive so shouted at Bohannon to send a message to his true love in Lisdoonvarna, to tell her to marry Doherty and not die an old maid or something like that. Bohannon pulls the wood off the guy and tells him he'll have to tell her himself. The guy then says "I don't know how to contact her" and Bohannon tells him that's his problem! :).
    Laughed at that aswell, just drove through there the day before with the parents.

Is this really back in November? Great news, I can stockpile a few eps for Christmas. I really liked it this season, if they improve it like that one more time it will be a "proper" AMC series, because lets be honest, it is rough as fcuk in places and if Bohanon moves on to new projects its sunk. Needs more Sweded ASAP aswell, they criminally underused him since he went away with the Lion of God,forget the name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

im enjoying the show, the break is a bit annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Renewed For Fifth & Final Season

final season of Hell On Wheels split in two, with seven episodes airing in 2015 and seven in 2016.

http://deadline.com/2014/11/hell-on-wheels-renewed-final-season-5-amc-1201277507/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Thrill wrote: »
    Renewed For Fifth & Final Season

final season of Hell On Wheels split in two, with seven episodes airing in 2015 and seven in 2016.

http://deadline.com/2014/11/hell-on-wheels-renewed-final-season-5-amc-1201277507/

gave up on this this season, i can only think AMC or the producers are getting some tax benefit for continuing this show

I think this season has been an improvement in general. I'm enjoying it more. I do think it's time to wrap it up though. lIt's one of those shows I can't really see where it's going. It started out following the railroad progress and that's now been sidelined. It's now based around Cheyenne and you'd be hard pressed to se3e them building a railroad at any stage in most episodes.

What? According to this there was a new ep last night, theres a new one next week and then the finale the week after that? They had that massive break for just 3 eps?

Thargor wrote: »
    What? According to this there was a new ep last night, theres a new one next week and then the finale the week after that? They had that massive break for just 3 eps?

It's America , their schedules are ridiculous. First episide of this series of Bob's Burgers was broadcast on October 2, the second episode was broadcast on Nocember 5 and episode 3 isn't On till something like the 23. That's 3 episodes aired in 7 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,105 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The 4th season starts on TCM UK on Sunday January 11th at 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

For some reason I thought this was dead and buried.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Season five split into 7 eps this year and 7 next year! That's two seasons, two extra short seasons.

Had completely forgotten this existed tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Yeah so many of the shows I've been watching have finished up in the last year.

I'd just assumed HoW was gone too.

Something to look forward to so. I've always enjoyed it and it's a sorely under appreciated genre these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I wonder will the man ever get his revenge on the men who killed his family.Its pretty much deviated away from that big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

First 2 eps of season 5 are out, this keeps slipping my mind tbh, cant really be bothered watching them for some reason, might just let the whole series finish then binge it...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Two thousand and mutha****ing sixteen? Nooooooooeees :(

I just watched the first ep of the new series last night:
    Errrr... He was a bit forgiving of the Swede wasnt he? Strangling his lover in the first season, trying to fcuk with his family in the Mormon fort etc then he shows up on his door and he just says "Well I hope you can swing a shovel..." What?

Advertisement