Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hell On Wheels [AMC - US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Ahhh..my favourite mad Swede is back and God has now found him. With an axe. And a helpless family.
    Other than that, having the shows moral centre bringing the dead bloke for a drink was a nice touch. Pity it didn't put Colm Meaney off his meal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Season 3 is quality

I'm up to Episode 6

The Swede scary as always :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

this season has been pretty good actually, its kept its balance between episodic problem of the week and the arc story as well as could be expected for a show that struggled a little, the most confusing thing were the irish brother personality swap, the promo for nexts looks great, its looks like the whole season pays off
    particularly now we see where the swede has ended up, as a religious leader in the moroms fort, fantastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Elam in the clutches of a bear. Brother Bohannon in the clutches of The Swede. :D

Great season finale.

Played more like a series finale than a season finale. Obviously they didn't know if the show was going to be renewed or not when they shot this episode.
    Hoping for better (and more Swede) in season 4. It is just a matter of time before his history catches up with him (probably in the form of that spur line that we saw the Mormons building).

• Advertisement

Yep, and AMC has not yet ordered a fourth season. It would be a real shame if they'd leave it at that.

that was far less dramatic then i thought, i thought the boy would be brought into it and swede found out all in this episode :/

to me that felt like mid season finale...

that was far less dramatic then i thought, i thought the boy would be brought into it and swede found out all in this episode :/

to me that felt like mid season finale...

As said above - still not renewed so you can't actually blame the writers for leaving doors open while tying shoelaces at the same time.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/kateaurthur/hell-on-wheels-saturday-night-ratings-amc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

This season rebooted the show in a good way. Be a shame to leave it at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

tommy2bad wrote: »
    This season rebooted the show in a good way. Be a shame to leave it at that.

I agree, best season thus far.

• Advertisement

i hope if they'res next series that they have a character on the other side of the rockies, they were some criticism and the very start of the show that there was no chinsese labourers but of course they would be coming from the pacific rail side and could be shown next season

Maybe you should watch episode 8 again, there was your "character on the other side of the rockies" (Mr Huntington) with plenty Chinese servants. Of course Huntington serves no other purpose than to satisfy the PC Gestapo. I mean, who really cares for Chinese labourers in Hell on Wheels?

Torqay wrote: »
    Maybe you should watch episode 8 again, there was your "character on the other side of the rockies" (Mr Huntington) with plenty Chinese servants. Of course Huntington serves no other purpose than to satisfy the PC Gestapo. I mean, who really cares for Chinese labourers in Hell on Wheels?

a character to follow for the whole season and es those criticism weren't justified because
    of course they would be coming from the pacific rail side and could be shown next season

a character to follow for the whole season and es those criticism weren't justified because

Well, he appeared in previous episodes, but seriously, he did serve no other purpose than showing a few Chinese slave workers in his personal entourage only to pacify the political correctness fascists. Which I find rather ridiculous as there were no Chinese workers involved in building the part of the railway which is the setting for Hell on Wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,107 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Working my way through the first season at the moment. Not very consistent but more ups than downs by my count. Quite enjoyable fare!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,107 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Season 3 starts Sunday January 12th on TCM

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Season 3 starts Sunday January 12th on TCM
    Awesomeness!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I'm just watching the second episode of season 2.

Cullen is telling Doc that he murdered an innocent man by strangling him.

It has been ages since I saw season 1 but I don't remember this happening.

Or is this something from the past that we learn more about later?

No spoilers please ;)

• Advertisement

I'm just watching the second episode of season 2.

Cullen is telling Doc that he murdered an innocent man by strangling him.

It has been ages since I saw season 1 but I don't remember this happening.

Or is this something from the past that we learn more about later?

No spoilers please ;)

its the soldier he killed who he thought was ( main guy who) killed his wife but didn't

its the soldier he killed who he thought (the main guy who) killed his wife but didn't

thank you

what episode was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

thank you

what episode was that?
    The last episode of the first season

The last episode of the first season

thanks - I can't remember anything of the episode except the party at the end

I'll have to re-watch it

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Oooooooh!!! It's back :)

hmmmm dunno, doc fuping up the railroad again,another blonde for the doc?, bohannan taking on a another sadcase,mickey being inappropriately creepy,bohannon squaring up against the swede yet again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

bohannon squaring up against the swede yet again
    He's Norweigan :mad:

:) I can't believe he didn't get the friendly Mormon to get a wanted posted for the Swede.

Then again Bohannon isn't the smartest tool in the shed at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

KerranJast wrote: »
    Then again Bohannon isn't the smartest tool in the shed at times.
    I take it back. His tricking of Bishop Swede in episode 2 was great.

Actually overall that episode was pretty strong. The newly arrived Gov'nor and his crew are not to be messed with.

• Advertisement

this show has gone off its rocker, not just Common

Advertisement