Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hell On Wheels [AMC - US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

Hopefully the first thing they'll do in season 3 is kill off Common. Terrible actor.

snausages wrote: »
    Hopefully the first thing they'll do in season 3 is kill off Common. Terrible actor.

I quite like him and while I've yet to watch series 2 he was very good all the way through the first series. Certainly more watchable than Colm Meaney who I find terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

I quite like him and while I've yet to watch series 2 he was very good all the way through the first series. Certainly more watchable than Colm Meaney who I find terrible.

He's good for a bit of aul scenery chewing in fairness :pac:

Common on the other hand seems to just play the stoic type in every scene he's in. He has about as much emotional range as a teacup. In season 2 he really spoiled my enjoyment of the show.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How come its not this week on rte?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How come its not this week on rte?

Maybe they have finished showing season 1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

you could be right actually,they've shown 10 episodes so far

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Just finished watching this, first season was good but the 2nd season was crap.

The writing is really poor imo, it shouldn't get a third season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Jennifer Ferrin (The Following/The Cape) added as series regular for season 3: http://tvline.com/2013/04/11/hell-on-wheels-season-3-cast-jennifer-ferrin/

2ND Season,what a load of rubbish compared to the first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

2ND Season,what a load of rubbish compared to the first.
    You must be another Lily fan. Plenty good episodes in the second season, the slaughterhouse one was excellent :)

• Advertisement

You must be another Lily fan. Plenty good episodes in the second season, the slaughterhouse one was excellent :)

No I'M Not >_> <_<

• Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://tvline.com/2013/04/15/hell-on-wheels-season-3-premiere-date-saturday-night/#more-426043

Hell on Wheels is making tracks for a brand-new time slot, AMC announced on Monday.
    Season 3 of the period drama will premiere on Aug. 3 in its new Saturdays-at-9/8c berth
    “A new episode of Hell on Wheels on Saturday night after a full day of western fan favorites is going to be like the saddle on top of the horse,” AMC boss Charlie Collier said in a statement. “This is a programmer’s dream – to have a genre specific, 14-hour lead-in to one of your highest rated originals.”
    Season 3 of Hell on Wheels will open in 1867, the third year of the building of the transcontinental railroad. Cullen Bohannon (played by Anson Mount) will leave behind his vengeance-seeking mission to invest in the new American landscape, where he will contend with racism, greed and murder as he single-mindedly leads the Union Pacific in its race across the country against the Central Pacific Railroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    http://tvline.com/2013/04/15/hell-on-wheels-season-3-premiere-date-saturday-night/#more-426043

Hell on Wheels is making tracks for a brand-new time slot, AMC announced on Monday.
    Season 3 of the period drama will premiere on Aug. 3 in its new Saturdays-at-9/8c berth
    “A new episode of Hell on Wheels on Saturday night after a full day of western fan favorites is going to be like the saddle on top of the horse,” AMC boss Charlie Collier said in a statement. “This is a programmer’s dream – to have a genre specific, 14-hour lead-in to one of your highest rated originals.”
    Season 3 of Hell on Wheels will open in 1867, the third year of the building of the transcontinental railroad. Cullen Bohannon (played by Anson Mount) will leave behind his vengeance-seeking mission to invest in the new American landscape, where he will contend with racism, greed and murder as he single-mindedly leads the Union Pacific in its race across the country against the Central Pacific Railroad.

tsk you can't leave behind half of the characters motivation

• Registered Users Posts: 53,868 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im very against that new story line

That what makes Bohannon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Headshot wrote: »
    Im very against that new story line

That what makes Bohannon

Nothings changed, with few exceptions he's never really seemed as interested in revenge as he should have been considering the way they introduced him. The ptb seemed to realize early on the mistake they had made , that you can either tell a simple revenge story or one about the railroads but you can't really do both(unless all his targets fortuitiously work on the railroad) so decided to drop the revenge bit in favor of the the tedious railroad storyline for some bizarre reason.

This.is.just.stupid.! - season 3 will air on Saturdays @ 9pm starting August 3rd....show killer timeslot imo: http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/04/hell-on-wheels-season-3-premiere-date.html

http://tvline.com/2013/04/15/hell-on-wheels-season-3-premiere-date-saturday-night/

This.is.just.stupid.! - season 3 will air on Saturdays @ 9pm starting August 3rd....show killer timeslot imo: http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/04/hell-on-wheels-season-3-premiere-date.html

It makes perfect sense and if they play their cards right this move could be a massive ratings hit for them. Saturdays are going to be a marathon of western films and TV series capped off with brand new Hell on Wheels in a time slot where it has little competition. They are targeting a specific audience and i hope it works out as it would be nice to see some decent television wiring on a Saturday.

It makes perfect sense and if they play their cards right this move could be a massive ratings hit for them. Saturdays are going to be a marathon of western films and TV series capped off with brand new Hell on Wheels in a time slot where it has little competition. They are targeting a specific audience and i hope it works out as it would be nice to see some decent television wiring on a Saturday.

Historically, and ratings evidence backs this up...is that a Saturday slot is akin to a burnoff, it might work....but generally only an older demo watch on Saturdays, outside of 18-49.....more like 54-assisted living facility.

Historically, and ratings evidence backs this up...is that a Saturday slot is akin to a burnoff, it might work....but generally only an older demo watch on Saturdays, outside of 18-49.....more like 54-assisted living facility.

It's quite clear from every press release regarding this that they are not aiming the show at the much loved 18 and up demographic but rather at an older audience. After all the show is a western and as such attracts an older audience which is why they are turning Saturdays into a day long western marathon. They are looking to attract an older audience and just because trasitionay Saturdays are not the best time to air new drama does not meant hat networks won't take a risk. It's about time people stopped spouting stats and trends and gave a show a chance. If this works out and other networks follow suite it's a win win for us viewers as Saturdays will mean more than just another crappy SyFy original.

• Advertisement

Would make a lot of sense Richard if you took 30 seconds to expand a little on your one sentence post but I suppose you do enjoying trying to disappoint as many people as possible and writing " production halted, premiere pushed back" is the kind of sensational post you love.

Production has halted due to massive floods in the area. The Hell on Wheels sets are not flooded and production was halted as a precaution after two people in the area died. The production was due to shut town next Thursday for a short break and the producers made the decision to take that break a week earlier. Production will redume with the plan being that they return a week earlier than planned. The premiere date for season 3 has not been put back and Richard either didn't bother reading the story he linked to or just made it up in the hopes of annoying fans of the show looking forward yo its return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Would make a lot of sense Richard if you took 30 seconds to expand a little on your one sentence post but I suppose you do enjoying trying to disappoint as many people as possible and writing " production halted, premiere pushed back" is the kind of sensational post you love.

Production has halted due to massive floods in the area. The Hell on Wheels sets are not flooded and production was halted as a precaution after two people in the area died. The production was due to shut town next Thursday for a short break and the producers made the decision to take that break a week earlier. Production will redume with the plan being that they return a week earlier than planned. The premiere date for season 3 has not been put back and Richard either didn't bother reading the story he linked to or just made it up in the hopes of annoying fans of the show looking forward yo its return.

Having seen his wonderful posts in the community thread, I'm sure its the latter.

Watched the two series myself last week, really enjoyed it but the sudden death at the end caught me by surprise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

Season 3 started on AMC last night with a double episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Good episode, glad to see it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Thought that all was a bit drawn out, not the best episode ever.

Thought that all was a bit drawn out, not the best episode ever.

Maybe because it was a double episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Maybe because it was a double episode.

Nah, that wasn't it.
    Everything fell into place so terribly easy. First Bohannon is replaced in his job, then just as fast falls back into it. Then pretty much a carbon copy scenario happens Fergusson. The Mormons caved in very quickly. Colm Meaney is ruined & in jail one second then buying a town two mins later. All a bit on the lazy side.

Nah, that wasn't it.
    Everything fell into place so terribly easy. First Bohannon is replaced in his job, then just as fast falls back into it. Then pretty much a carbon copy scenario happens Fergusson. The Mormons caved in very quickly. Colm Meaney is ruined & in jail one second then buying a town two mins later. All a bit on the lazy side.

That last scene saved it for me.
    I kind of got the feeling Cullen knew it was the father who killed the his chief of police.In those final moments before he hit the horse,it felt as though Cullen was giving the father a chance to come forward.Great scene imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

I thought
    that one of the daughters looked like she knew it was the father that shot him.

Good scene I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

*Spoilers*

Advertisement