Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hell On Wheels [AMC - US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Promising start - the usual AMC production values and some interesting characters. Definitely good enough to keep me watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

Quite liked this, it was a bit of a stretch for the main guy to guess that his first victim(that we've seen) would just happen to atone for his sins. That and Meaney's monologue at the end were the only things that didn't sit well with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

^ Completely agree. Aside from those though, I really enjoyed it. It's even got plausible Irish accents :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

When does this be on folks? Is it worth watching?

It airs every Sunday night in the US so should be available tomorrow morning. I would definitely say it's worth a watch, plenty of action in the first episode anyway and it has great potential.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

Anyone catch last nights episode? has definitely got me hooked, the swede is a great character. This show can only get better

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Just after finishing the first one. Great opener. I'll get around to watching it sometime either tonight or tomorrow but looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

thought mr meaney would still expect payment for him killing his asset

Fantastic second episode. Everything is moving at a nice pace and the Swede character is badass!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

"Mr. Swede" :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Just watched the first 3 episodes, fantastic stuff, i loves me a good western.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Loved episode two. I'm not too sure about the Indians though, they spoke really good english, I'm a little suspicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

It's damn good. I'm loving Bohannon's complete lack of airs and graces. "You ain't whore nor squaw". Smooth bastard. :D

Ok episode. Thought them throwing the Swede cleaning that, eh, enthusiastically sorta came outta nowhere.

Just watched ep 2 there, will stay up to see episode 5 tonight.

Anyone watch last nights episode yet?

Yeah I watched it alright, was only ok I thought. It's interesting now though with the Irish brothers and how their differences are becoming more apparent. I definitely think the long haired one will meet a nasty end because of his brother.

The Swede is just a badass. Great character.

I'm loving it. Everytime Bohannon does something good like pull people out of explosions he turns around and is a racist SOB. I don't know whether I should laugh at him or pity him or cheer him. :D

KerranJast wrote: »
    I'm loving it. Everytime Bohannon does something good like pull people out of explosions he turns around and is a racist SOB. I don't know whether I should laugh at him or pity him or cheer him. :D

i thought common was going to get stabbed on the way out I thought he was trying to save his life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Renewed for a second season, i'm a bit surprised tbh....based on ratings and lack of buzz:

http://www.deadline.com/2011/12/amc-renews-hell-on-wheels-for-season-2/

• Advertisement

How are people finding this? I'm watching away but it's not very exciting. Colm Meaney is fantastic in though but I find it a little lacking.

I think a lot has to do with the setting of it. Deadwood had some fantastic set pieces (the cost of which probably led to it's demise!) but this just seems a little lacking in something.

I still watch it, despite disliking a lot of it. So many things seem quite hard to believe, especially the indians speaking english, most of the time. Not a fan of Meaney in it either. I think it's losing focus as to what it was meant to be about in a forced way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Am watching it as well, it is good enough. Has some faults such as the Indians speaking English and it lacking an overall direction. Has some good characters such as the Irish brothers, Bohannon, Ferguson, Lily and the Swede. Not really liking the Reverend and the Indian.

I liked Durant at first, but the show is becoming far too much about him and his storyline, which is really not that interesting.

Not really sure where they will go with the show next, it seems like Bohannon and Ferguson are finished in the town.

back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Anyone else think they were going for a Sergio Leonne/Ennio Morricone homage there when the 3 amigos were assembling with the soldiers and heading out of camp?
    All twangy guitars, wailing trumpets, and arty camera angles :D

how did they survive that, they were totally outnumbered, worse indians slow mo attack ever

Now that was good as Pat Short would say.

how did they survive that, they were totally outnumbered, worse indians slow mo attack ever
    By virtue of the blessed repeating rifle. Those were murder machines.

The show is really striding now. Unfortunately with the budget cuts at AMC thanks to Mad Men sucking up all the dosh and the average ratings I expect a cancellation. :(

KerranJast wrote: »
    the average ratings I expect a cancellation. :(

2.3 Million viewers is still very good for a cable network and it has already been given a second season.

• Advertisement

The opening scene was awful, and to top it off they decided to put mumford and sons over it..eugh.
    But the rest of the episode seemed to make it seem like a lot of stories in it were resolved, even though most of them have had tiny coverage in the series so far or were just stupid(racist irish man saved by an angel).
    I'm hoping they do something good with Elam as a gunslinger in the next season, but I don't imagine they'll do a good job with that opportunity.

Advertisement