Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anglo Staff Member Commits Suicide - Sean Fitzpatrick still laughing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,630 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I find Sean Fitzpatricks arrogance knows no bounds - is he just pure evil ? - he has yet to apologise for the basket case that was Anglo and the untold damage it has caused to the state who have to pick up the tab - yet he expects us fools to believe he is living on 188 euros a month , less than social welfare, while he lives in amansion and golfs in Greystones , parties in Marbella, has numerous properties ...

not everyone in the country is a fool Seanie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I suggest you learn about suicide before making remarks like that.

I know full well about sucide. But the fact that the man left his family behind is selfish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

I'm not going to comment further because I'm only getting people's hackles up and the aftermath of this incident is the wrong time to make this point. At this stage every single staff member at Anglo is fully aware that they're in receipt of stolen money-the honourable thing to do would be to resign enmasse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I know full well about sucide. But the fact that the man left his family behind is selfish

You obviously don't know "full well" about suicide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Stop kidding yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

He was customer services supervisor, the frontline
    "Get me a supervisor" and you get this man

This was his job, his career and he was obviously good at it to get promoted
    And then just takes abuse from the public, most of whom never dealt with Anglo Irish but are angry over the actions of the board members.

So they take out on the lower level staff. :(

People are fragile, if you tell someone they are worthless or scum every day some can't handle it.
    To be fair to Anglo they did transfer him and that was good management.

All very sad.
    Realy banker is such a ridiculous catch all term and includes everyone from directors to cashiers. Most anyone in a bank can take courses with the Institute of Bankers.
    Actually, the term cashier isn't used anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 6,682 ✭✭✭flutered

I suggest you learn about suicide before making remarks like that.
    imo it takes a very brave person to do that, or else some one who required help,

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jpt77

latenia wrote: »
    Obviously I feel sorry for the man's family but he was part of a criminal organisation that has stolen 10s of thousands of euros fom each of us and he benefitted financially from this. Getting called cunts or being spat at is a very small price for what has been done to the country, no matter what level of the organisation they work at.

Idiotic post. Cop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm not going to comment further because I'm only getting people's hackles up and the aftermath of this incident is the wrong time to make this point. At this stage every single staff member at Anglo is fully aware that they're in receipt of stolen money-the honourable thing to do would be to resign enmasse.

Ah right half a million on the dole and jack in a job cos Seanie is a crook? What planet are you on? the cannon fodder on the front line of customer services are not to be compared to Nazis who were "only following orders".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Obviously I feel sorry for the man's family but he was part of a criminal organisation that has stolen 10s of thousands of euros fom each of us and he benefitted financially from this. Getting called cunts or being spat at is a very small price for what has been done to the country, no matter what level of the organisation they work at.

Are you one of these people who walks into your local branch and shouts to the staff "We own you now"
    As that goes on and has been reported.

The man was just doing his job, vent your anger at the correct people

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

How is an election going to help? Enda Kenny looks like he's been touched by priests and Gilmore will be snuggling into the unions' anus as fast as you can say 'Labour'. Oh, and Gormley will be flouncing through the fields FAS bought picking flowers.

Face it, none of the other parties will be any better. An election will do nothing constructive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭danbohan

Max Power1 wrote: »
    trial by media?

We are now one step away from mob rule.

we may very well end up there when the irish people really wake up to what has been done to them by people like seanie and fingers and clowen, lenihan etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

moonpurple wrote: »
    george hook on newstalk was getting grumpy when sean fitzpatrick got lifted by the gardai one morning with tipped off journalists, (pantomime)

george wants to be part of the in crowd who live near the sea in south dublin..

fitzpatrick is still being protected by some of these folks

another evening george hook described how his mother and grandmother would take the bus to bring food to his special needs aunt who was confined to a facility in cork city where the food was bad and in small amounts

let me spell this out..because of the greed of people like sean fitzpatrick - the very basics of a very basic life for vulnerable irish people will be undermined further, food will be bad and in small amounts for people like george hook's late aunt

and Fitzpatrick has the lack of shame or personal insight to not laugh into the faces of the irish:cool:

in america they go to jail
    in ireland they continue golfing
    you may not believe in irish faeries, leprachauns or the 'little people'
    but david drumm sean fitzpatrick and others know the 'little people' exist, its you and I buddy
    you and I
    'the great appear great because you are on your knees, rise' Jim Larkin, statue, OConnell street Dublin 1

this thread is not about latenia, the op was asking about sean fitzpatrick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

It's got nothing to do with being selfish. Probably the most ignorant post I have read in some time. Even for after hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

At this stage every single staff member at Anglo is fully aware that they're in receipt of stolen money
    If only it was illegal to handle stolen goods, then we could arrest them all....oh wait.

If you're so sure that they're all guilty of receiving stolen money, then why haven't you made a complaint to the Gardai yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

And what, go on the dole and pay their mortgage and feed their kids with their sense of moral superiority. I wonder how many of these corporate shills are living hand to mouth like many in this country, but to hell with that why not just throw them out on the street and be done with it. Its obviously what the braying mob demands so let them have their blood letting and feel all warm and righteous for a few moments until some other poor sod who happens to work for someone they don't like enters their sightline and becomes the new focus of attention.

Here's a thought go to a mirror and look into it. Recall that sense of invulnerability and smugness that you had way back in 2005, feels good doesn't it. Don't worry or feel ashamed we all had a taste, that sense that we were truly the masters of our own destiny and whatever we did we could do no wrong.

Well guess what we were partly right, we were the authors of our own destiny but most of us were too drunk with the good life to read where it would lead us. This poor bastard just forgot to read a little further and realise that all this money crap doesn't really matter, you only get one life and its worth more that all of Anglo's billions because its the most valuable thing you will ever own.

So stop calling for the guillotine for people you felt that gone and done you wrong and realise that we are all in this mess together because those responsible are definitely not going to either stick around or suicide themselves like this guy.

Condolences to the family

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

This is such a tragic story.
    I knew of the family and he was a gentleman. I can only imagine the pressure the poor guy was under. His poor little girls will never know their Dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

deisedevil wrote: »
    It's got nothing to do with being selfish. Probably the most ignorant post I have read in some time. Even for after hours!
    It's not selfish to have no consideration for the people who found his body? or for his wife and how she's going to cope without her husband? or for his children who will grow up fatherless? or for his family and friends who will forever blame themselves for 'not seeing it' and wondering why he didn't talk to them about his problems?

I have nothing but sympathy for this poor man, but suicide is never a selfless act, no matter what the person may think at the time. His family will never get over this, and that is selfishness on his part; ending his own problems, but heaping 10 times the amount on his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

kylith wrote: »
    It's not selfish to have no consideration for the people who found his body? or for his wife and how she's going to cope without her husband? or for his children who will grow up fatherless? or for his family and friends who will forever blame themselves for 'not seeing it' and wondering why he didn't talk to them about his problems?

I have nothing but sympathy for this poor man, but suicide is never a selfless act, no matter what the person may think at the time. His family will never get over this, and that is selfishness on his part; ending his own problems, but heaping 10 times the amount on his family.
    You really haven't a f**ing clue do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭MingulayJohnny

He was customer services supervisor, the frontline
    "Get me a supervisor" and you get this man

This was his job, his career and he was obviously good at it to get promoted
    And then just takes abuse from the public, most of whom never dealt with Anglo Irish but are angry over the actions of the board members.

So they take out on the lower level staff. :(

People are fragile, if you tell someone they are worthless or scum every day some can't handle it.
    To be fair to Anglo they did transfer him and that was good management.

All very sad.
    Realy banker is such a ridiculous catch all term and includes everyone from directors to cashiers. Most anyone in a bank can take courses with the Institute of Bankers.
    Actually, the term cashier isn't used anymore

I've worked in customer service\tech support now for over two years and while I've never been driven to contemplate suicide I can emphatise with this poor man. It definitely affects your health , I'm drained at this stage , if things weren't the way they are I'd have bailed after a year. The thing that affects you the most is having to be the apologist for the mistakes and policies of a giant company. You're basically a buffer between them and the public and despite what a lot of customers seem to think you have no power to change these rules and policies. You're the green meat the fellas ( and women ) that they send up & over the trenches first. The supervisor's role is exactly that they cannot change whatever rules a company has dictated irregardless of how unfair and ridiculous they are.

I'll try to help people as best I can but some people are either so obnoxious and stupid or both that it makes you despair for humanity. I've had anti Irish slurs , been threatened with legal action and one of my workmates had an official warning issued against him based on an unrecorded phone call where a customer claimed that he told him to 'F**k off'. I was beside him during this nightmare of a call and although he was close to saying this , he didn't go through with it.

I didn't know the man from this tragic story so I don't know if the stress of the job was just a trigger. But you definitely need some kind of serious stress relief besides drinking working in CS whether it's a punchbag or a massage the pressure has to release somehow.

As for SP and all of his ilk I can't describe the contempt that I have for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

If he was in right mind then yes. Consider this for a second. What kind of rational mindset allows someone to end their life?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If he was in right mind then yes. Consider this for a second. What kind of rational mindset allows someone to end their life?
    Or think of it another way:

He probably considered all of the fallout and found that continuing his life was worse than all of it put together. Ending his life was the lesser of two evils, in his mind. Most of us cannot comprehend that level of despair/depression unless we've been there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

His family will never get over this, and that is selfishness on his part; ending his own problems, but heaping 10 times the amount on his family.

I used to think like that but after going through depression myself my opinion has changed a lot.

Depression is something that runs very deep inside and its very hard to understand unless you have been through it yourself.

People who take their own lives do not want to die they just want to escape the pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

RIP to the family. Fitzpatrick on the other hand should be in prison.

Can anyone explain what this is about ?

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/wife-worth-euro3m-as-seanie-laughs-all-the-way-to-court-2349465.html

There were extraordinary scenes following the brief court appearance when the disgraced banker was given a warm welcome in the Barrister's Tea Room in the Four Courts.

A number of lawyers gathered in the law library's restaurant, shook his hand and joined him for mid-morning tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭danh789

Pathetic attempt by the OP to have a go at Fitzpatrick.

I despise the man as much as the next person but this thread is just tactless and ignorant.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

A lot of suicidal people believe they are doing everyone a favour by killing themselves, it's a twisted mindset, but they believe it nonetheless. Given that belief I would say it's the opposite of selfish.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

You really haven't a f**ing clue do you?
    Funnily enough, I do. There was a time in the past that I contemplated it myself. I have friends who were preparing to do it. I know people who have found the bodies. I lived for a while in fear that I would come home and find my manic depressive housemate hanging from the bannister.

Luckily, when I was thinking about it I realised what it would do to my parents to find me, and my siblings to live with the guilt that they should somehow have known and done something, and the fact that the people I would be killing myself to escape from wouldn't actually give a **** that I was dead.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. There is always a better option.

I'll thank you not to assume what I have a clue about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

You sir, are an idiot of the highest order.

Mod note: The poster was banned for this post.
    Whether Stephen Doyle couldn't cope with the abuse he was receiving is not the problem. The issue I have is that he left his wife and two nine month old daughters behind like that. I can't respect a man who would do something so selfish, so I won't be giving my condolences to the man. Instead I pray for the family that they will be able to cope now without him. I'm not sure if the wife works or not but these are hard economical times, and if the wife is taken care of the children then who is out bringing in the wages to support the family?
    Again, you aren't the sharpest knife in the box are you? It's about a man who was destroyed by the public.

Well, if you are getting abused every day to the point that you feel the world is better off without you, it can skew someones view on what is selfish and what is not.

People still can't get their head around that the man obviously thought he was doing something beneficial for people by taking his own life (again, getting abused frequently every day of your working week for something that is far from your would be enough to bring anyone down). The fact that people are still inclined to blame things entirely on him and not on the people who dragged him there, is fairly disturbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

He would have had no input or great knowledge of what went on at all. Buisinesses are not a democracy. In monsters like anglo independent thinking would not be welcome. I suggest you reserve your ire for the chiefs, not the poor natives at their mercy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Craptacular

Confab wrote: »
    How is an election going to help? Enda Kenny looks like he's been touched by priests and Gilmore will be snuggling into the unions' anus as fast as you can say 'Labour'. Oh, and Gormley will be flouncing through the fields FAS bought picking flowers.

Face it, none of the other parties will be any better. An election will do nothing constructive.

Brilliant post. You're absolutely spot on. Instead of trying some of the other parties we should keep rewarding the FF lads that got us into this mess by leaving them in their highly paid jobs with the free cars and massive pensions.

Advertisement