Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Had leftover new potatoes from yesterday's dinner so I made a tomatoey dhal and threw them in. First time in a long time that lunch has beaten me, absolutely stuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

A cheesy, mushroomy and garlicy omelette. Stuffed after it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

"Asian quesidillas". I had some spiced rotis I needed to use, so I decided to make quesidillas. I filled them with tuna, grated cheese and spring onions. Very nice.

2i27xn5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Pesto pinwheels and a cheese & coleslaw sandwich. I ended up having the sandwich coz the baby ate only left me one pinwheel :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

I went to a new place that just opened on Camden St, called DeSelbys. I had a gorgeous flatbread topped with a thick piece of seared tuna, avocado and chilli. Salad on the side with toasted seeds and nuts and roasted tomatoes. I was stuffed afterwards. Absolutely gorgeous and only €8.50, I definitely recommend!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I left my lunch at home :( It was a wonderful, wonderful lunch too (leftover lamb chili masala and chickpea pilau). I am devo. Just eaten a half pack of sliced turkey but I'm going to have to go hunter gather or I'll be ferocious by hometime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Ham and onion omelette with side salad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Chicken & veg soup, with a buttery bagel! :)

Yum! Fruit salad with greek yog and ground peanuts.

WB3ynd7.jpg?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭AmyPL

Seafood congee. I've long put off trying congee because it just did not look or sound appealing to me. My colleagues convinced me to give it a try and I actually really liked it. Definitely a winter comfort food!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,895 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

AmyPL wrote: »
    Seafood congee. I've long put off trying congee because it just did not look or sound appealing to me. My colleagues convinced me to give it a try and I actually really liked it. Definitely a winter comfort food!

I love congee/jook (or chook as my wife calls it).
    Not sure I'd fancy a fishy congee but I love chicken congee. In Singapore last year I had from porridge. That was great congee!

Lazy lunch today, toast and random fridge stuff. Avocado, cherry tomatoes, cream cheese, cucumber, and peppers.

Smoked salmon and goat's cheese on soda bread with chips on the side and a caramelised red onion and creme fraiche dip.

Dolbert wrote: »
    Smoked salmon and goat's cheese on soda bread with chips on the side and a caramelised red onion and creme fraiche dip.

Where? :eek: Sounds fab!

Whispered wrote: »
    Where? :eek: Sounds fab!

Davy Byrne's on Duke St, Dublin!

Leftover saag paneer and chickpea pilau. I'm so, so addicted to saag paneer now (which is a velvety spinach and paneer dish if you aren't familiar), it's completely replaced my previous addiction - mattar paneer. Going to try make it myself during the week but I have a feeling there's an amount of ghee in the version the man on the bike brings me that I will not be able to convince myself to add at home. Oh well. <3<3<3

• Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

An Italian quesadilla, if I'm allowed suggest such a thing exists. Pesto, parma ham, asiago cheese and toasted pine-nuts. It was raw-ver tasty indeed.

12239991_10154335504512678_3858323419916665482_n.jpg?oh=5d77d656d6b101511b549fa5867d80a4&oe=56F1946B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Mix veg, mushroom and chicken sausage cooked in butter, easy peasy. :)

369452.JPG

Leftover chicken soup from last night combined with leftover pilau rice from the weekend. You can call me MissBrownBin. Tomorrow's lunch can be that thing in the lunchbox down the back of my fridge I don't recall putting there.

CheesyBeans and toast. Second lunch is crackers with banana and peanut butter (plus various seeds) and a big mug of tea.

• Advertisement

Today it's sacchetini, blue cheese, crusty bread, aubergine and olive spread, avocado tossed in lemon juice and coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Dal Makhini well my own version with zero cream

369687.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Dal Makhini well my own version with zero cream

looks lovely any chance of the recipe?

northgirl wrote: »
    looks lovely any chance of the recipe?

i'll pm it to too later that ok?

Here it is,

369745.jpg

Put everything except butter and tomato paste into slow cooker, cook for 8 on low, then add butter and tomato paste(puree) and switch to high for 30 minutes.

Remove bay leaves, cinnamon stick and cardamom pod, enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Thanks a million :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

photo_zpsysznauj9.jpg

Stew!

Pig tail, skirt, kidneys, carrots, pearl barley. So much yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,895 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I love congee/jook (or chook as my wife calls it).
    Not sure I'd fancy a fishy congee but I love chicken congee. In Singapore last year I had from porridge. That was great congee!

For some reason I read back over this.
    That should have read "frog porridge" not "from porridge"

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

Bacon, toast with melted cheese and the obligatory gooey poached egg on top

d8bca238-1d73-452b-acf1-cfc13bc65b4e_zpsml6cqn7i.jpg

• Advertisement

Itsa Santy Bagel, my first of many this December

Advertisement