Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Month 2 of my charity lunch club venture, and I brought in aubergine parmigiana.
    It was very well received, but I'd say it'll be a while before I do 15 portions of that in my little kitchen again... and does anyone know why there were no aubergines available in nearly all of Cork on Sunday? I drove to 5 different shops before I found any! :confused:

2llnkhu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,402 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Shenshen wrote: »
    Month 2 of my charity lunch club venture, and I brought in aubergine parmigiana.
    It was very well received, but I'd say it'll be a while before I do 15 portions of that in my little kitchen again... and does anyone know why there were no aubergines available in nearly all of Cork on Sunday? I drove to 5 different shops before I found any! :confused:

Same with cauliflowers in Dublin on Saturday........ :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Shenshen wrote: »

Aldi in blackpool had a rake of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Got a tasty but utterly enormous lamb biryani on Saturday, leftovers from which have been the backbone of my lunch for the past 2 days. Rice salad with chickpeas roasted in chipotle salsa, radishes, carrots, peppers and spring onions.

RRmcnMj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I'm not mad into soup but I made this today:
    Chicken Noodle Soup, made from leftover chicken from the Sunday roast, carrots, celery, onions, chicken stock (made from the bones), peas and mixed herbs.
    Also threw in some noodles. It was delicious. I'm making it again, definitely!

fp3src.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Vegetable tom yum soup. Made a batch the other day as I was anticipating the autumn weather. Luckily they're light enough for sunny days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

25432BCB-34B5-4CAF-80CD-12498F51BF0D_zpscohkhnnu.jpg

Omelette with random things I found lurking in the fridge - ham, feta, mushroom, peas and onion. I forgot how much I dislike cooked mushrooms

Mr Fox wanted burger for lunch. I happily obliged.

IMG_20150911_135611_zpsml6q3eln.jpg

Chicken wings, proper chips and curry sauce. Hangover lunch and it worked magical magic on me.

Chicken wings, proper chips and curry sauce. Hangover lunch and it worked magical magic on me.

Office do nuts yesterday, booze up last night - either your birthday or your leaving do. Congrats either way! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭black_frosch

Broccoli, egg, tomato, mozzarella, fresh dill, olive oil, sea salt

24b2p7r.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Applause

I made a "thing" :pac:
    c9d75f9f8b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Chicken tikka blaa.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Took a trip to The Happy Pear yesterday for some beetroot and apple soup and a salad pita. OMG, that salad pita...

photo%201_zps0iglei6s.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Tomato, basil, mozzarella and balsamic. A holiday in my mouth :)

Preview for the next few weeks - Chilli bean soup (with bonus seed granola for breakfasts).

I got 7 massive portions out of this. Nomnomnom.
    slack_for_ios_upload_1024.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Today and yesterday we had a fry for lunch, going to be a while before we have it again.

We had Spanish bacon, sausages, black pudding, brown bread and fried eggs.

Was lovely, but so filling.

Had a dozen egg yolks to use up so made an egg yolk omelette with meatballs and Feta cheese.

6DEB10FB-1519-4B2B-89D6-37A821DE671C_zpszmfk8aru.jpg

Be ye not mislead by the bright, zesty appearance of this salad. For it was lacking severely in lemon juice and, indeed, in salt. And someone in work threw out my Jif lemon. And if ye should run out of feta mozzarella is, shockingly, not the best swap. Still half to eat tomorrow, pockets will be full of lemons and salt coming in. Half a scotch bonnet in it was a small saving grace, starting to really enjoy the fruity taste & burn of those

tVxevxb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

And someone in work threw out my Jif lemon.

I just checked my own work fridge - my emergency Lidl Jif Lemon knock-off is still there, phew.

• Advertisement

Last night'a leftover; peri peri roast chicken, buttery mash and braised vegetables.

IMG_20150917_131241_zps9drlx9p2.jpg

Beef and veggies in a loaded tomato sauce with mini toasts.

9ccfd583a2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 16,895 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Peanut tikki chaat at Iyer's, Cork.
    Happy belly:D

ahnShGA.jpg

I don't have a clue what that is, but it looks delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,895 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Applause wrote: »
    I don't have a clue what that is, but it looks delicious!

It's was. Amazing flavours. Peanut sweet potato lime tamarind chilli spices chick peas sprouts etc

Oh, i love that place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

We were heading out to an Oktoberfest in our local, so we got in the mood with some Lidl Oktoberfest products. Semmellknödel (bread dumplings) with bratwurst and sauerkraut. Now sitting watching Jules Holland, and drinking Festbier. Also from Lidl.

Just trying to make the Germany hubby feel at home...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

katydid wrote: »
    We were heading out to an Oktoberfest in our local, so we got in the mood with some Lidl Oktoberfest products. Semmellknödel (bread dumplings) with bratwurst and sauerkraut. Now sitting watching Jules Holland, and drinking Festbier. Also from Lidl.

Just trying to make the Germany hubby feel at home...

must drop in there on my way home; I've always had the feeling that I'd love sauerkraut.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

katydid wrote: »
    We were heading out to an Oktoberfest in our local, so we got in the mood with some Lidl Oktoberfest products. Semmellknödel (bread dumplings) with bratwurst and sauerkraut.
    Did you get the sauerkraut in Lidl too? I was there just now and stocked up on various sausages, Semmelknödel, and cheese but couldn't find any sauerkraut anywhere. Had to pop into a nearby Polski Sklep instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭black_frosch

Broccoli, leek, sugar snap peas, egg, fresh herbs dill coriander garlic leaves, cheese, curly lettuce spinach rocket and corn

351s946.jpg

Advertisement