Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, toast and tea. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Haven't had it yet, but it's our charity lunch Monday again.
    I made 12 portions of butternut squash stuffed with buckwheat and lentil "risotto", topped with feta cheese and crispy onions. Really looking forward to it, too :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Yesterday I had a blaa with a huge pork sausage and fried onions at the craft & food fair in Farmleigh. Followed by a hot chocolate with marshmallows :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Leftover cous cous w/chicken and veggies and spicy things. Love when Monday dinner comes to Tuesday's rescue

• Registered Users Posts: 16,895 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Free range pork chop from O' Mahony's in The English Market, Cork.

So, so good.

yUdYVAv.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Spinach falafels in toasted pitta. Was really tasty.

12345448_10154384639042678_2473205099709875864_n.jpg?oh=15771686a0b9d52b00fc8f4419e10891&oe=5715FE3E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Back to the turkey, rocket, cranberry & mayo sammidges!!!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Spinach falafels in toasted pitta. Was really tasty.

Matching plates! M&S andante range? I got them ten years ago and they're still going strong. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Matching plates! M&S andante range? I got them ten years ago and they're still going strong.

Yup!

Supermac's Chicken Wrap. Gosh burger sauce is sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Finches orange, crisps and an aero. I'm a bit fragile after the Christmas party last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

Quiche, Serrano ham, cambozola cheese,grapes and crackers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I got the special from 147 Deli today. Sloppy joe with chilli, chipotle slaw, bacon and jalapeno mayo, cheddar and crispy onions. And a gourmet white chocolate and orange doughnut for dessert. Just roll me home pls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

Made Cinnamon Buns for lunch from a Violet Cakes recipe in the Telegraph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/recipes/11432623/Cinnamon-buns-recipe.html

So sweet I had to stop eating mid way through my first one. I should have known better than to follow the recipe and dip them in sugar after they came out of the oven!

Fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

A plate of prosciutto, salamis, pickled veg, Brie & Comte, with fancy crisps & a bottle of IPA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

I made a mixed vegetable soup with cobbled-together bits of old veg lying about, then had a pink lady apple with the last of the goat's cheese, followed by a coffee and a piece of baklava. I am new to baklava and am deeply in love.

We went to Matt the Thresher for lunch, one of my favourite spots in town. I had a huge prawn salad and my husband worked his way through a veritable vat of mussels. Perfect for a Sunday afternoon.

It's distinctly January. Pink lady apple following by carrot & tuna salad with avocado.

gz5Y4Ct.jpg?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

My best poached eggs yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Makes me want to lick my screen :p

• Advertisement

Half a sachet of Uncle Ben's quinoa & rice stuff. Half a hot smoked salmon fillet. Half a Lidl garden salad. Oh hi, January, you foxy month you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »

Ohhh yesss, Yesss, YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Alun wrote: »
    Makes me want to lick my screen :p
    Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Ohhh yesss, Yesss, YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!

They were pretty damn good, I won't lie!

Last night being all organised, I made two soups - country vegetable and chicken noodle - to get us through the week for lunches. Lovely home-made stock in both.

I got into work today and my noodles (spaghetti actually) had soaked up 100% of the broth, so my chicken noodle soup was more like a chicken noodle jelly brick. Mmm.

I coaxed it back to life with a Knorr chicken stockpot and some boiling water but pah. It was slimy af. Lesson learned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Two portions of meatballs and mash in IKEA. One adult's one child's. My son was more interested with the free fruit that came with his, and y'know, waste not want not.

I'm not even sorry. :pac: (In fairness, it was after 3 and I hadn't eaten and was starving!)

Creamy country vegetable soup and home-made bread. Warming.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Bombay Aloo with fried eggs. Nom.

bombay_aloo_with_eggs._nom.__720.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We were at Dun Laoghaire market today and the choice of food stalls was unreal. We settled on huge spicy Italian sausages in rolls with lots of onions and red peppers. It was fab.

We were at Dun Laoghaire market today and the choice of food stalls was unreal. We settled on huge spicy Italian sausages in rolls with lots of onions and red peppers. It was fab.

Severely jealous :pac:

• Advertisement

Today I had a clear out of my fridge and cupboards and made soup for lunch.
    It consisted of: Onion, Garlic, 1/2 Red Pepper, 3 Carrots, 6 Tomatoes, 1 Cucumber, 1 Potato, along with 100g Lentils, 1 Pint water and a can of chopped Tomatoes. I blended it when it had been simmering for 45 minutes, but had to add more water. Seasoned with Paprika, Salt and Black and White Pepper.
    It was delicious!

Advertisement