Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

What beer said (there was a queue for the coffee). Honestly, the best salads I've had in a long time. Off to Wilton to get some more from the market now i think (though i may be tempted away by green saffron....).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Mushroom and brie soup again. I'm looking forward to an afternoon of Happy Belly now :D

Well, curry won out over salad in the end (though i did get some white onions and a huge head of fresh lettuce from a farm stall \o/)

slack_for_ios_upload_360.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Today I will be having nothing due to reasons outside of my control (lol,not,see post up the page)
    I will be having the same in the 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread.

I remember being a very poor student in UCG during the early 1990s.
    There were 2 weeks that stand out. In one week I had nothing to eat all week except small portions of rice and tomato sauce (quite tasty actually).
    In the other week I had nothing to eat all week except pancakes (shortly after Pancake Tuesday). I hated pancakes afterwards.

I hope that helps.
    PS. I eat like a King now!
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

dibkins wrote: »
    Well, curry won out over salad in the end (though i did get some white onions and a huge head of fresh lettuce from a farm stall \o/)

It's this place in the English market at the corner lot opposite the fish place?

• Advertisement

Just sat down for fishy fish burger from Eddie Rockets and chocolate milkshake. Kids are starting to eat the crayons.

Nae, this was at the Wilton market which is only on a Tuesday. I don't think Green Saffron are set up permanent anywhere. I usually get it in the Limerick Market on a Saturday if I'm up there, and i keep stocked up on their dahl spice mix as it is the bestest curry.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I made tomato soup using Jamie Oliver's recipe. I've had nicer tomato soup but it probably wasn't as healthy. It was still very nice when I dunked some greek yogurt in to it. Have loads left over too which is great!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

kylith wrote: »
    Mushroom and brie soup again. I'm looking forward to an afternoon of Happy Belly now :D

Brie in a soup? Does that work well? I love brie!

Faith wrote: »
    Brie in a soup? Does that work well? I love brie!
    Yeah, it's quite good. You put it in while the soup is simmering then fish out the rinds after the cheese has melted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

Savoury pancake with creamy veg filling...using up all those sad looking bits and pieces of veg in the fridge

17F781419AC14C2DA04F368B00955A38-0000353053-0003718613-00800L-1C71F1216C754735859335FD53E062E2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've been having soup for lunch every workday recently. All are homemade and have included

Celeriac and apple
    Courgette, kale and leek (with a dollop of blue cream cheese)
    Sweet potato and coconut
    Broccoli and blue cheese
    Carrot, ginger and coconut
    Curried parsnip

You wouldn't believe the amount of veg that I'm getting through at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Horrible Tesco Sweet Potato & Chili soup. Oh well. Ryvitas were at least nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Horrible Tesco Sweet Potato & Chili soup. Oh well. Ryvitas were at least nice!

I had an equally horrible Tesco country vegetable soup, but my Ryvita helped too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Tea, toast and sudafed. And they say sinus infections aren't any fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Lunch was seabass with a lemon buerre blanc, parmesan gratin potatoes, masses of steamed greens, and a great pile of rocket. It was entirely delicious. My work canteen surpassed themselves today!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Lunch today was Cully & Sully chicken & veg soup, with a ham sambo for dunking.

Delicious.

Had the same the other day and had some left over roast chicken so threw that into the soup as well, will be doing that in future, yummy it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Lunch today was Cully & Sully chicken & veg soup, with a ham sambo for dunking.

Delicious.

Had the same the other day and had some left over roast chicken so threw that into the soup as well, will be doing that in future, yummy it was.

Picked up one of those soups tonight. Had a salad today for lunch - don't know what I was thinking in these cooler temps :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

Hermione* wrote: »
    Lunch was seabass with a lemon buerre blanc, parmesan gratin potatoes, masses of steamed greens, and a great pile of rocket. It was entirely delicious. My work canteen surpassed themselves today!

Are ye hiring?

:pac:

Beef ramen with added thinly sliced beef and a poached egg. Definitely one of my favourite lunches, the runny egg yolk thickens the sauce and the juicy beef makes it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Roast veg, chorizo and lentil soup with bacon, cheese, tomato and onion sandwiches all packed up and taken out for a car picnic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Green rice (finally made something from a Thomasina Miers cookbook I bought about a month ago!), chicken & baby tomatoes. It was all delicious but the tomatoes ended up being the star of the lunch show - love a good tomato!

YTRUp7c.jpg

Cream of roasted tomato soup and homemade bread. Absolutely scrumptious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Turkey, Rocket and Mayo on Wholemeal sandwich with Cranberry Sauce & some yummy crisps :)

IMG_20150126_132134_zpsq8ewnlgy.jpg

Leftover dinner's soy braised duck, in a wrap with cucumber & spring onion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Mrs Fox wrote: »

Leftover dinner's soy braised duck, in a wrap with cucumber & spring onion.
    I'd like to come live with you please and thank you :)

You got a recipe for the duck?

Tilly wrote: »
    I'd like to come live with you please and thank you :)

You're most welcome. Now, rent is due on the 5th of every month, and no dogs please.
    dibkins wrote: »
    You got a recipe for the duck?

I'll stick it up in the random recipes thread later.

Edit: Here's the recipe.

Rabbit stew. Blimey but it was delicious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,829 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

kylith wrote: »
    Rabbit stew. Blimey but it was delicious

Isn't the stock you get from rabbit amazing??

Advertisement