Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Fried potatoes with eggs and chorizo.

slack_for_ios_upload_1024.png

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Curried lentil and coconut soup, leftover from yesterday's tea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I haven't had orzo in years. I'm gonna have to get that salad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

A hearty bowl of curry noodles - made from a ladle of last night's chicken tikka masala thinned with homemade chicken broth, served with flat rice noodles, fresh chilli, red onion, coriander and a squeeze of lime.

IMG_20150210_134923_zpsmd0m0izu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Applause

Lasagne from the cafeteria that tasted like dog food. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Delicious fish and chips in Wuff, Smithfield. It was a celebration lunch for a colleague's milestone - perfect little spot for a treat.

Tesco Spicy couscous, spinach and salami. The couscous was grand, but very sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 aisoconnor

decisions wrote: »
    Wasn't bothered to prepare anything so it's the €4.95 meal deal.

€4.95 for that is a bargain! Regardless of taste most places would charge closer to the €10 mark.

I had salad, smoked salmon, and some couscous with cucumber and coriander from the canteen which was surprisingly flavoursome for couscous. Delish!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Leftover Dominoes :D

*meaty burp*

Warm bowl of spiced lentil soup.

IMG_20150212_134741_zpsw8r57om7.jpg

• Advertisement

Cream of roast tomato soup and some schwartzbrot with hazelnuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

Couscous salad (giant pearl couscous) with peppers, cucumber, tomatoes, feta, olives, mint...

24D9B7DB7E524BAB8B3D88A07613A766-0000353053-0003728376-00800L-2C4357C852A441BA9C32F9B47D14DFED.jpg

...and I've only just now noticed my finger in the photo :-D

Oh and yesterday I had lunch at the Happy Pear, some kind of veggie bake, no pic unfortunately. Sooo good, and I had it sitting outside in the lovely sunshine, I nearly forgot it's still only mid February!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Where do you get your giant pearl couscous 5unflower? That salad looks real good and really like something I should eat myself this week!

Where do you get your giant pearl couscous 5unflower? That salad looks real good and really like something I should eat myself this week!

I got it in SuperValu, it was in the section where they have all the health foods and gluten free stuff etc. Found it more by chance, as I was actually looking for normal couscous, but SuperValu only had boil in the bag packages, which I find kinda pointless.

I panic ordered at the sandwich counter (not paying attention and the lady was on her 3rd 'Next Please' when I copped I was next, please) and ordered the following combination tuna (sweetcorn, mayo), diced tomatoes, red onion & gherkins. It was not good. I'm not very far away from a maternity hospital in work, should have dropped around to the waiting room & found someone who would have appreciated it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Basil Hummus & Crackers - Delicious :)

A two-egg omelette with paprika and whole grain toast with basil pesto and feta. Yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Just some water. My lunch break has been changed recently from 2pm to 12. and I find that I am really not hungry then.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

Bowl of my own homemade mushroom soup. It was.....ok...I think. Not really. I made a huge batch of it :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I love Pieminister, so when I spotted this on the shelf of my local shop last night, I decided a pick-me-up Monday treat was well deserved.

matador-pack.png?eb49f4

It wasn't very good - would not recommend :(

Chicken Quesadilla from the farmers market. Bit too much cheese, but very tasty!

Pulled pork on a blaa from Wuff in Smithfield. Super tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

What else?

Cold leftover spaghetti bake from last night. So good. Oh stodge I love you.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

Smokey tomato, red pepper & kidney bean soup. Plenty of smoked paprika and chilli in it!

Pulled pork on a blaa from Wuff in Smithfield. Super tasty.
    The blaa has hit Dublin?! I know where I'll be going for lunch on Saturday!

Leftover chilli con carne from the other night, with baby spinach and grated carrots.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Mexican Chicken wrap with roast sweet potato and bacon salad. Falling asleep now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

A chocolate scroll from Brother Hubbard, delicious!

Advertisement