Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Truly delicious salmon served with orzo pasta

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Applause

Meatballs!!

10599704_10206067024223447_209831103977753308_n.jpg?oh=ef06144a9ac383da61fe97ed5914bf23&oe=55518291

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

One pot mac n cheese. You cook the pasta in milk before adding grated cheese and dijon. Eh, tis better than no mac n cheese.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Applause wrote: »
    Meatballs!!

That looks really dirty and delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Applause

That looks really dirty and delicious.

It was, I added loads of italian herbs and grated parmesan and cheddar, the portion looks quite big though, it's smaller than it appears, also it wasn't as greasy as it looks and I used wholegrain spaghetti. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

1km swim followed by some tasty stuff on crackers. Bring on the Snickers.

slack_for_ios_upload_1024.png

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

Spaghetti with a creamy spinach sauce, one of my favourite 10 minutes meals for a very quick lunch...

C224D45B21BD492CA4F274B3CAEB813F-0000353053-0003732786-00640L-541E77FC314C42E9B492F2C3E8903573.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Greenduck

Salad with Hake, sweet potato, dried cranberries, pecan, tomato and leaves!
    Delish :)

Cream of roast tomato soup and popcorn will be today's lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Omelette with sauteed mushroom harissa braised onion filling, with a side of green salad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Aloo Gobi (local soup shop has seriously upped its game lately). Was tasty, however I now have turmeric stains on my hands. How sloppy of an eater am I?!

Vegetable chow mein, is what I'm going to call it - the noodle and broth base of the soup from last night, with most of the broth having been absorbed by the noodles, with baby corn and mange tout. And now I'm eating cheesy popcorn. Mmmmm, happy belly.

A burrito bowl. Was as heavenly a lunch as it always is. But the fun part was seeing the biggest, fattest burrito ever get made for the guy behind me in the queue. Both rices, both beans, 2 meats, guac, 2 salsas. I nearly gave the guy rolling it a round of applause when it didn't explode out of the tortilla. Pity the guy who ordered it was taking it out because I would have paid 10 whole euros to see him eat it.

Driven demented by the other thread, I made chilli con veg. Served with sour cream on top, lime and coriander, eaten in gem lettuce cups. So satisfyingly good.

IMG_20150226_133520_zpsnnvodqux.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I am currently munching my way through hummus, oatcakes and salami.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

Slight variation of the lunch from the other day, this time with added salmon

D9B1400AB1964F5591FC7FA4CF66210D-0000353053-0003733327-00800L-58A362B548884DF38FEF7F18250CC020.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I printed one of the recipes that was given for the chili con veggie as well - gonna try it at the weekend, mmmmm, it looks so good in that pic Mrs Fox!

Made sushi for the first time, using quinoa instead of rice. One filled with omelette, avocado and mayo, the other with hot smoked salmon, cucumber and carrot. Sprinkled with chia seeds on top. Yummers.

IMG_20150227_141606_zpskzemrf6s.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭berrecka

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Made sushi for the first time, using quinoa instead of rice. One filled with omelette, avocado and mayo, the other with hot smoked salmon, cucumber and carrot. Sprinkled with chia seeds on top. Yummers.

Mmmm, Im going to need you to elaborate on this.

{pretty, pretty please Mrs Fox}

berrecka wrote: »
    Mmmm, Im going to need you to elaborate on this.

{pretty, pretty please Mrs Fox}

I got one of those complete sushi kit in the supermarket.
    I cooked a pot of 115g soaked and rinsed quinoa in 250ml water. Bring to boil, once bubbling turn heat down to very low and put lid on. Leave for 15-18 minutes until all liquid absorbed. Turn the heat off, add the rice vinegar, mix and fluff up gently with a fork. Let it stand.
    Then I just followed the instruction provided to assemble the sushi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭berrecka

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    I got one of those complete sushi kit in the supermarket.
    I cooked a pot of 115g soaked and rinsed quinoa in 250ml water. Bring to boil, once bubbling turn heat down to very low and put lid on. Leave for 15-18 minutes until all liquid absorbed. Turn the heat off, add the rice vinegar, mix and fluff up gently with a fork. Let it stand.
    Then I just followed the instruction provided to assemble the sushi.

So, you just cooked the quinoa as you would sushi rice? Interestement....

Honey tarragon and mustard chicken thigh, roast Jerusalem Artichoke, with lightly dressed salad.

IMG_20150228_132650_zpsm36gqle0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

I went to Iyers in cork and had these savoury gram flour donut type things. They were excellent, lots of little nuggets of spice hidden inside the fluffy batter.

BelDYDg.png

Then i had this potato curry with lemon rice, delicious.

hWOgCbl.png

dibkins wrote: »
    I went to Iyers in cork and had these savoury gram flour donut type things. They were excellent, lots of little nuggets of spice hidden inside the fluffy batter.

I think they're called Vadei. I love them!

Cream of roast tomato soup and a salad of baby gem, cherry tomatoes, baby corn, and broccoli

image_zpsvs2rjcvx.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,081 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Foot long meatball marinara. A bit of a treat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Just before lunch is never a good time to look at this thread! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Lamb rogan josh from the canteen, served with a mix of brown and basmati rices, steamed carrots, oven roasted beetroots, and raita. Delicious soul food on a cold blustery day. I was full for a good seven hours afterwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Waffles, smoked rashers, poached eggs (my new fave thing) and beans. Delicious and filling.

• Advertisement

Salad box of leftover lemon chicken, ham, mixed leaves, tomatoes, & chive cottage cheese. Was really nice and the halls of my office rang with 'That's a healthy lunch MissF!!' as I smugged my way back to my desk with it.

Advertisement