Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭dmc17

Quick and healthy tuna wrap

wrap1_zpse1487451.png

wrap2_zps78b6a9b1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Leftover Japanese takeaway

slack_for_ios_upload_1024.png

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

Scandinavian style pasta fish dish

B40A4F2792B74451B1FDB4010CB9BAD9-0000353053-0003721757-00800L-6FD72E5FBBD94F7FA8F4A36B2FF33951.jpg

Soup from Centra, tasty out.

slack_for_ios_upload_360.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

Roast pepper, tomato and butternut squash soup Moroccan style (lots of chilli, cumin, coriander and smoked paprika) with shredded chicken from the chicken I cooked yesterday all day in the slow cooker. Oh, and home made brown bread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Fridge clear out for lunch - rice and bits of chicken from last night's Indian and a couple of tired vegetables, scrambled some eggs and made them into nasi goreng enough to feed two bears and two cubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

We had roast lamb last night (de-friggin-licious), so I had the leftovers in a white roll, slathered in pepper sauce. Absolutely lovely :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Mixed cherry tomatoes & mozzarella with olive oil and a couple of rye crackers. We're heading away for a few days so this week's lunches will be me eating the fridge clean. Just call me MissBinworth.

aeH4RqO.jpg

Last night's leftover lamb's liver and mash turned into pie for lunch today, bulked up with more mushroom, peas and celery.

Also made the cooking club's Mars Bar Treats - haven't made these for over a year :O

Salads. There was too much, but it was dang tasty.

slack_for_ios_upload_1024.png

• Advertisement

I'm hungry:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

dibkins wrote: »
    Salads. There was too much, but it was dang tasty.

Pardon my ignorance but is that Quinoa or something? That yellow stuff on the left that looks like giant rice? It looks amazing. I need the recipe for the whole thing.:o

fussyonion wrote: »
    Pardon my ignorance but is that Quinoa or something? That yellow stuff on the left that looks like giant rice? It looks amazing. I need the recipe for the whole thing.:o

I'm guessing it's orzo pasta. Quinoa looks more like couscous. I just bought some orzo yesterday, and am thinking about what to do with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I was about to stick my nose in and say 'that's ouzo'. Good thing I saw your post before I could embarrass myself, katydid :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Orzo is lovely. You can use it pretty much anywhere you'd use pasta.

That is the M&S orzo salad. :)
    I was about to stick my nose in and say 'that's ouzo'. Good thing I saw your post before I could embarrass myself, katydid

Ouzo for lunch would have been rather more messy!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

katydid wrote: »
    I just bought some orzo yesterday, and am thinking about what to do with it.
    I bought some months ago and I'm still wondering :D

Baked hazelnut, lentil and veg loaf, served with wild rocket, baby plum tomatoes and Ballymaloe relish.

IMG_20150205_123707_zps3wtkvglz.jpg

Alun wrote: »
    I bought some months ago and I'm still wondering :D

Well, I'm going to use it tonight - just going to cook it as normal pasta,then fry up some onion and garlic, add the orzo and some parmesan and a handful of rocket. No idea how it will turn out. It's a side dish for some nice baked cod and some ratatouille.

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Baked hazelnut, lentil and veg loaf, served with wild rocket, baby plum tomatoes and Ballymaloe relish.

Is that made in a mini-loaf tin?

• Advertisement

katydid wrote: »
    Is that made in a mini-loaf tin?

It was, indeed.

It was, indeed.

Never thought of doing that. Great idea. Just had two slices of lentil and nut loaf for lunch with a salad. Did it in a normal sized loaf tin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

It was, indeed.

Long time lurker but you have drawn me in with this loaf. Would it be possible to have the recipe please.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I have savoury mince with rice for lunch and am just fantasizing about it constantly. I'll never make it to 12!

eastbono wrote: »
    Long time lurker but you have drawn me in with this loaf. Would it be possible to have the recipe please.

It's the Avoca Nut and Lentil Loaf recipe I used, but I just used more puy lentils and lesser red lentils, red onion, and half red pepper/half green, and doubled the hazelnut.

Edit: On top of greasing the loaf pan, you'd also want to line the bottom with parchment paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

I had a rather enormous chicken burrito from Tolteca. Struggling to move now.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

Baked sweet potatoes with quark & goats cheese & herbs dip

F6F13F89026B49E6B873D4E02E21A50C-0000353053-0003724704-00800L-1DDB0668E76A4C5C97E9CE9ADC2927C6.jpg

Had yesterday's nut loaf, with leftover dinner's curry sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Chipotle cheese butterbean burgers. An absolute kitchen experiment that turned out fantastic. I ate them with a smear of mayo.

butterbean%20burgers_zpsgbqhkmih.jpg

• Advertisement

hummuspizza_zps3a800b76.jpg

Hummus and rocket pizza; pizza based topped with hummus, cooked lamb seasoned with harissa, roast peppers, onion and pine nuts. The rocket went on after it came out of the oven. Delish.

Advertisement