Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navy - Notre Dame, 2012 [TOUTING IS FORBIDDEN AND WILL LEAD TO PERMABANS: #205 #628]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Interesting article about the game in today's Sunday Independent if anyone is interested...

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/thrilling-spectacle-guaranteed-as-fighting-irish-come-to-town-2977093.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

adrian522 wrote: »
    Interesting article about the game in today's Sunday Independent if anyone is interested...

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/thrilling-spectacle-guaranteed-as-fighting-irish-come-to-town-2977093.html

Isn't Notre Dame's TV contract with NBC not CBS?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Isn't Notre Dame's TV contract with NBC not CBS?

Yeah, and the NBC contract is for multiple years, not just one game. CBS College Sports sometimes show repeat version of their games

Dodge wrote: »
    Yeah, and the NBC contract is for multiple years, not just one game. CBS College Sports sometimes show repeat version of their games

So was it the usual 'excellent' research by an Independent journalist or did CBS really fork out $1m for a repeat?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

regular contributor here on AF who missed out on presales tickets.

If anybody has 2 spare can you PM me.

Thanks guys

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

I shouldn't be worried should I?

I mean there will be still many thousands on sale come general release?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

So even though this is technically a home game for Navy, Notre Dame will bring a strong travelling support. For its part, Navy are not holding back. The traditional flyover before each Navy game will take place while thousands of Navy personnel will be shipped into Dublin for the game. It should be some spectacle.

Wonder if they'll have a ship in the bay around Dun Laoghaire/Sandycove again. Remeber JFK being there aons ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Smurf1971

Got 3 tickets for this and am delighted. Genuine highlight for me and 2 family members in the year ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Annoyed that I missed this presale - it would have been great to secure 2 tickets early.

If anyone has 2 that they want to sell, please let me know. Otherwise I'll hang on for them to go on general release.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I'd also like to throw my hat into the ring for anyone who may be selling spares :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

If anybody has access to spare tickets do let me know!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Lads I don't think the tickets have been mailed out yet so probably noone has any to sell

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

adrian522 wrote: »
    Lads I don't think the tickets have been mailed out yet so probably noone has any to sell

Thanks Adrian had assumed you could print them off liek you can with all ticketmaster tickets.

Again just to use this opportunity to say Im looking for 2 tickets if anybody has any spares.

I anybody can help a regular AF contributor here on boards let me know.

cheers

D3PO

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jpjc05

Missed the presale as well. Does anyone have an idea when tickets will go on general sale??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭deisedude

jpjc05 wrote: »
    Missed the presale as well. Does anyone have an idea when tickets will go on general sale??

March i think

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jpjc05

deisedude wrote: »
    March i think

Cheers. Don't think it'll sell out but still wanna get tickets in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭deisedude

jpjc05 wrote: »
    Cheers. Don't think it'll sell out but still wanna get tickets in advance.

Wouldnt be so sure about that. There will be 20,000 Americans coming over for the game at least. Definately wise to get your ticket as early as possible just in case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭IsMiseJoe

Will tickets be available from ticketmaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

yes in march

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭the_big_shmoke

definately gonna go to this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Razorroy

Let's go IRISH - hopefully there will be good ticket available to buy. Can't wait to go to the game. Was trying to get to the Michigan state game a few years back during the Charlie Weis years, looking forward to the Brian Kelly version of the irish v navy in the Aviva.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Not sure if anyone posted this yet, didnt see anything, but there was a delegation of three from South Bend present at Lansdowne last weekend for the Irish Wales match. They were doing a full evaluation of the ground on gamedays

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Thought I heard yer man collins, the sports guy, on today FM this morning mention something about the game? I've had it on in the car since but haven't heard what he said...the sports news is usually repeated every hour.

Anyone hear it or am I losing my marbles?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

There's an announcement today about the stadia being used for GIFT, 3 games being played across Ireland with College and high school teams. Might be something to do with it. http://www.facebook.com/GIFT2012?ref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Apparently a team are heading to Navan for a game.. .very sketchy 3rd hand information that was overheard. In time we'll know more.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

Friday night lights: Navan’s Páirc Tailteann to host high-school American football game
    4 hours ago 306 Views 1 CommentShare3 Tweet Image: Adam Davy/EMPICS SportNAVAN WILL HOST an American football game between two of the United States’ top high school teams next summer.

As part of the Global Ireland Football Tournament (GIFT) 2012, Notre Dame Preparatory High School Saints from Scottsdale, Arizona and Father Judge High School Crusaders from Philadelphia will kick off their regular season on Friday, 31 August at Páirc Tailteann, the GAA have confirmed.

“The great bond between our two nations is well documented,” said Meath County Board chairman, Bernard Allen. “I trust our visitors will enjoy their historic visit to an equally historic county. Coiste na Mí is determined to make their stay an unforgettable one. We hope the memories they will take with them from the Royal County will endure well into the future.”

Two more traveling teams, who will open a two-game festival of American Football, are due to be confirmed, the Association said last night.

Notre Dame and Navy meet in the Aviva Stadium in September

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

I'd like to think all the bars will be open for this and we can drink at our seats like they do in the US.

I'd like to think all the bars will be open for this and we can drink at our seats like they do in the US.

NFL yes but I'm not sue if that's the case at college games. As they are students and you have to be 21 to drink legally in the States I'm not sure if you can drink at college games.

I've never been to a game over there so I'm just guessing but it wouldn't surprise me if games were dry

• Advertisement

Most of them are dry. Officially anyway

Advertisement