Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navy - Notre Dame, 2012 [TOUTING IS FORBIDDEN AND WILL LEAD TO PERMABANS: #205 #628]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 GSR0278

Hi Guys,

Another big Notre Dame fan here looking for two tickets for Dublin if anybody has any unwanted pre-sale codes that they want to throw my way!

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Can I please ask that everybody put a hold on giving codes to new members, and can I ask the mods to possibly request with Admins to run an IP check on the new posters requesting tickets?

I have a feeling some of these users may be requesting multiple codes for touting purposes, just noticed some consistencies in posting styles between "different" users.

Maybe Im wrong, but last thing we want to happen is for touts to prosper here. Better safe than sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Can I please ask that everybody put a hold on giving codes to new members, and can I ask the mods to possibly request with Admins to run an IP check on the new posters requesting tickets?

I have a feeling some of these users may be requesting multiple codes for touting purposes, just noticed some consistencies in posting styles between "different" users.

Maybe Im wrong, but last thing we want to happen is for touts to prosper here. Better safe than sorry.

Be mad to tout now when there will be 20,000 tickets still on sale in March/April. Did you see some up for sale somewhere?

Edit: All the folk I gave to none of them took all 6 and gladly split 1 code between a couple of folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Hi peyton, seeing as i was one of those that asked for a code i feel that the above is directed towards me, i am definatley not a tout and nor are most on here id imagine.
    Titan #1 was good enough to give me a code, i could have bought 6 but only needed 4 for friends and family.
    However if you do come across touting please do let us know, however try and base it on something more than a "feeling" and a casual analysis of "posting styles" so as not to offend genuine boardsies :)

Thank you to titan #1, look forward to seeing you all in dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

M three wrote: »
    Hi peyton, seeing as i was one of those that asked for a code i feel that the above is directed towards me, i am definatley not a tout and nor are most on here id imagine.
    Titan #1 was good enough to give me a code, i could have bought 6 but only needed 4 for friends and family.
    However if you do come across touting please do let us know, however try and base it on something more than a "feeling" and a casual analysis of "posting styles" so as not to offend genuine boardsies :)

Thank you to titan #1, look forward to seeing you all in dublin!

I presume he meant members registered a few days ago and their only post being one looking for a pre-sale code.

• Advertisement

Wasn't directed at you m three, just your post pushed it to the top of my forums list and it reminded me I meant to post it earlier! There were 2 newbies in particular I was suspicious of but like I said, could just be over suspicious. Last thing I want is folks from America coming over hoping to pick up tickets and being ripped off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Dermotsull13

Hi Guys,

Love watching the NFL & college football so if anyone has any pre-sale codes for 2 (or possibly 4) tickets it would be absolutely great!

Thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to help out...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Hey everyone ! If anyone has a code for me I'd be delighted ! I'll probably get one in the general release though so its all good !

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭belgowho

Alright Lads,

Im in the same boat as the lads above. Would appreciate any codes for 3-4 tickets if at all possible.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

if theres touts buying they'll be selling at a loss if the IS game is any indication

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

bobby wade wrote: »
    if theres touts buying they'll be selling at a loss if the IS game is any indication

IS?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SAINTRON

SantryRed wrote: »
    IS?

International Series ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I don't think the Wembley games are a yardstick for this match. Especially the fact that Wembley holds 90,000 to the Aviva's 50,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

SantryRed wrote: »
    I don't think the Wembley games are a yardstick for this match. Especially the fact that Wembley holds 90,000 to the Aviva's 50,000.

and ND fans have already snatched up 25,000 tickets apparently..

and ND fans have already snatched up 25,000 tickets apparently..

22,000 between both colleges.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

22,000 between both colleges.

are tehy just allocated, or have they been taken do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭TITAN #1

PRERN7UEM

PRERN989J

These are my last 2 codes, they must be used by midnight tonight.

bruschi wrote: »
    are tehy just allocated, or have they been taken do you know?

allocated but they will easily get all 22,000 coming. A few buddies of mine are in the ND Alumni draw and there is 4 times the amount of folk in the draw than there is tickets. But it gives you an idea of demand. Either way Lansdowne road will be full the the day of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Where do you put the codes in?

• Advertisement

But it gives you an idea of demand. Either way Lansdowne road will be full the the day of the game.

Love it!

None of this Aviva shíte, it'll always be Lansdowne :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭boccy23

Cheers for the codes. Sorted with 2 tickets as a nice early xmas present.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭kksaints

Will there be many tickets left for general sale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Love it!

None of this Aviva shíte, it'll always be Lansdowne :)

Yeah and the Point will always be the Point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Concerned Shooter

Presale closes at 11.45pm tonight.

The following are still valid, with numbers of tickets left on them in brackets.

PRERTXB63 (6)
    PRERTXD4F (6)
    PRERTXLFM (4)
    PRERN7UEM (2)

Silly to see them go to waste, so use freely.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭The green and red

Hi I have seen Ticket prices on viagogo ranging from €172 to €302. This seems very expensive , can we expect these kind of prices for general sale ?!
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Hi I have seen Ticket prices on viagogo ranging from €172 to €302. This seems very expensive , can we expect these kind of prices for general sale ?!
    Thanks

nope - tickets are being price from €45 - €90 give or take a few euro... can't think of the price of the top of my head but it's in or around that...

definitely isn't anything like the prices you've mentioned...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,156 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Tickets were 35 to 90.

And they will will be the same for general ale.

Still believe most who want one will get one that day.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭The green and red

Thanks for that lads I couldn't believe it when I saw those prices .iwonder how they got those kind of figures then :)

• Advertisement

Thanks for that lads I couldn't believe it when I saw those prices .iwonder how they got those kind of figures then :)

They are tout websites. They buy them off people and re-sell them to make profit.

Advertisement