Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Bout Dem Bears?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,204 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

My ankles are hurting just watching this 7th round guy juke everyone out of their cleats.

Really excited to see him this summer along with our new RB. Exactly the type of RB I love watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Looks like a training camp hero to me.

Speaking of which check out our undrafted tight end.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GoovXCEY5ww

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

If the game is after week 5 they can "flex" it from Sunday afternoon to Sunday night, but they can't move Monday games, those are set in stone.

Regarding the tickets, that sounds kind of high but not that surprising. It's a divisional game and the going rate for Bears games seems to be that or higher if the opposition is anyone good. I don't like re-selling as common practice either, but that's the free market for you. As you say, all parties profit. Except for the fan. He gets screwed. By everyone. Over and over. FWIW I think it's worth the money if you are really into the Bears, my first visit there was something I have great memories of.

Would be lovely to support someone who has tickets going for 40 quid or whatever (until recently the Panthers did!), but for me, at least, I love the team because I love the city, and the city makes it damn expensive. Ah well.

The tickets on StubHub are down to $100 now (before tax). I'm tempted to just grab them. Is there much hassle re-selling them at a later stage if something comes up?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,841 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

The tickets on StubHub are down to $100 now (before tax). I'm tempted to just grab them. Is there much hassle re-selling them at a later stage if something comes up?

I don't think so, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

kennyb3 wrote: »
    I haven't criticised a single move this staff has made until now - I could see logic with Marshall, Forte etc - but releasing matt slauson is just plain dumb. Quality reliable mauler who can play all interior positions (would prefer to see him at centre than Grasu). Also seems great character wise.

I hope it's not an age thing - he's a year and half younger than Marshall yanda sure!

Do not get it.

Hoping he is v shortly a Charger, has been in town the last 2 days. He will start at center for us I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Hi all,
    Quick question.
    I'm going to be in Chicago in sept and i see the Bears are playing the Eagles on MNF.I've been trying to access tickets via the official site and ticketmaster but it says onsale dates not available yet although tickets are available on ticketmaster via fan exchange.
    So......Should i wait and try get tickets tru the bears site(or is that even worthwhile/possible?) or bite the bullet and go with a resale site where the cheapest tickets are going for $200
    Thanks in advance for any replies

Hi all,
    Quick question.
    I'm going to be in Chicago in sept and i see the Bears are playing the Eagles on MNF.I've been trying to access tickets via the official site and ticketmaster but it says onsale dates not available yet although tickets are available on ticketmaster via fan exchange.
    So......Should i wait and try get tickets tru the bears site(or is that even worthwhile/possible?) or bite the bullet and go with a resale site where the cheapest tickets are going for $200

Stubhub or wherever is probably going to be your best bet unfortunately. Whatever genius decided 65000 capacity was plenty for the second biggest market in the league is who you can blame for the ludicrous prices.

God speed Peanut.

A Bear great.

SameOleJay wrote: »
    God speed Peanut.

A Bear great.

He was the main reason I wanted the panthers to win the Superbowl this year. A great player that was a throwback to when the bears defence was still something to be feared. Hope he's retiring as a bear anyway? Also, possible HOF candidate?

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

He was the main reason I wanted the panthers to win the Superbowl this year. A great player that was a throwback to when the bears defence was still something to be feared. Hope he's retiring as a bear anyway? Also, possible HOF candidate?

HOF - I'd love to see it but he has only had 2 Pro bowls & 1 First Team All Pro award. So hard to see him get through when in 5 years time they are reviewing pure statistics etc...

• Advertisement

Re Vikings@Bears, are tickets on the secondary market likely to fall under what's there now? (Minimum $110 before fees)

Re Vikings @ Bears, are tickets on the secondary market likely to fall under what's there now? (Minimum $110 before fees)

I doubt it, that sounds cheap for soldier field

So I've got my ticket for the game v the Eagles,Section 432.
    It's gonna be my 1st NFL game and really looking forward to it.
    Anyone got any advice or me???
    What time should I be at Soldier field to get the most out of the experience?
    Best way of getting there and getting back?
    What to expect etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,160 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

What to expect etc?

Don't start sentences with 'so'.

Lost interest after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Anybody watch the game last night? I know we lost but from what i read on Twitter there is a lot of positives to take from it.

Don't start sentences with 'so'.

Lost interest after that.

Let's hope the fans at the game are just a tiny bit more hospitable then your good self......but thanks for caring

• Registered Users Posts: 19,160 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Let's hope the fans at the game are just a tiny bit more hospitable then your good self......but thanks for caring

Apologies but that 'so' business really busts my buns
    It's taking hold big time and I'll be honest- I hate it.
    Hope you enjoy the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭bannerman2005

Not a great start to the pre season games. I suppose playing the Browns will be more of the standard the Bears are currently at. Can't afford any more injuries before the season starts.

Was RG a potential problem position before Josh Sitton's signing?

• Advertisement

It's actually the only position in the line we had a really good player, Kyle long, but he will probably play right tackle now.

Not sure. But he certainly will bring quality to LG if fit. That would make two quality guards in Long and Sitton. There seem to be improvements in certain areas but squad depth is lacking.

Not sure. But he certainly will bring quality to LG if fit. That would make two quality guards in Long and Sitton. There seem to be improvements in certain areas but squad depth is lacking.

That would make more sense.

We have no depth at all really. Our defensive front 7 looks improved but injuries like the one to mcphee leave us in very bad feck. And if that area, I just don't see any position that we have locked down. Even at WR Kevin white looked fairly green in preseason (that's being charitable). I was willing to be patient with all of that and see how they rebuild, despite having limited confidence for this year, but the sitton signing isn't consistent with the approach before now. I dunno, maybe I'm being too pessimistic (the opposite of my usual problem) but I'm starting to have my doubts about what Ryan pace is trying to do here.

That would make more sense.

We have no depth at all really. Our defensive front 7 looks improved but injuries like the one to mcphee leave us in very bad feck. And if that area, I just don't see any position that we have locked down. Even at WR Kevin white looked fairly green in preseason (that's being charitable). I was willing to be patient with all of that and see how they rebuild, despite having limited confidence for this year, but the sitton signing isn't consistent with the approach before now. I dunno, maybe I'm being too pessimistic (the opposite of my usual problem) but I'm starting to have my doubts about what Ryan pace is trying to do here.

Agreed completely.

I assumed it was going to be rebuild through the draft with some occasional Free agency pickups. We are not in a win now mode so the signing seems at odds with build over the draft. However maybe a few years from a pro bowl level guard will give additional protection to Cutler.

What to expect etc?
    Best of luck at the game, hope you get a good one! I've been twice, first time i was too late arriving to tailgate and second time I arrived at kind of the wrong side. If you're coming at it from the north on public transport it's surprisingly difficult to get to the tailgate area which is presumably the other end of the field. If you make a plan better than we did, I'd suggest getting there about two hours before kick off with a few beers and your Irish accent. You'll be made welcome.

In terms of getting there is extremely central and of you're early you'll have no bother with the public transport system.

Can't remember when the game is but expect it to be cold. Is also expect a few asshole fans, there'll always be one in earshot. My least favourite are the ones who just bitch about cutler from start to finish, often before has so much as played a snap. But on the other hand, the big fat polish grabowski stereotype of a bears fan is part of the reason to attend the game, and they should be enjoyed for what they are, angry, tough, pessimistic and funny. I've found in general Chicagoans are spectacularly friendly, and it's a cool city, if you've never been. That largely translates to soldier field too.

To be honest, I'm hugely jealous of anyone getting to be in Chicago. Hoping to see the bears in Dallas this year which is great, but the city itself is one of my favourite places in the world. Enjoy it chief!

Well, quiet in here. Anyone giving us any hope today?

I actually am starting to think we could exceed expectations this year. I'm still not in favour of the sitton signing, but it undeniably makes our line very strong. If we can get any kind of running game going off that, and cutler performs at last year's levels, I think we have a good enough defence to show progress.

Don't get me wrong, I'm realistic and i know we're severely limited, and even a couple of injuries and the season could collapse (how bad is Long's shoulder being a key question), but there's no reason for us to be as bad as many pundits have us (bottom three quite frequently!!). They did that **** last year too and while we were bad we had several very close losses often to quality teams. I don't think 8-8 is a stretch for us this year, maybe even better if our starters stay in decent shape and Kevin white starts to show something so Jeffrey gets out of double coverage.

Texans today will be a tough ask for the offense though, especially if watt is in full form. I think it'll be a loss, but we can win next week no question. All the same, bears are back baby.

Bear down!

I take back the claim the line will be "strong". It will be stronger than it was today but as long as Massie is in the line out won't be strong. Lots to like in the first half, a motivated alshon being the main one. White looked competent at times but some awful route running especially for the interception. Eddie royal had a great day. Running game never really looked persuasive to me, we don't have to replace forte but that really didn't keep the Texans honest at all.

Defensively I think they did what they could, played just about exactly as well as I thought they would. Freeman looked pretty impressive.

A game we probably might feel was winnable if we had our **** together, but we're still very green in certain areas, and they exploited it as best they could. We are who we thought we were... But I think next week we can break out.

Jeffery is an absolute beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Pretty good first half, poor second half. Jeffery looked great, just hope he can stay fit.

• Advertisement

Jeffery is an absolute beast.

He did look good in the first half, but did he have any seconds half completions at all?

White needs to get his **** together very fast, he had a whole year to learn the playbook and he still ran the wrong route several times, including the interception. Cutler clearly didn't trust him afterwards (and has called him out in preseason for this same thing) so if that becomes permanent white will quickly look like a bust.

Advertisement