Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some welcomed additions to wexford shops!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

RadioRetro wrote: »
    As druss said; Was in the local papers. Not trying to be snarky.

Eh your talking about two different buildings no?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭Corvo

If it turns into any form of boutique, I'm resorting to guerrilla warfare and taking it down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Eh your talking about two different buildings no?!
    DOH! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

South East Records opened today in Peter St to a good crowd selling mainly second hand vinyl. Hopefully they will sell new releases but its great to have choice on the town for the music lover/buyer.

Ooh, thank you for that tip!

Elsewhere, there's a new property lettings agency opening next to Iberius House in Common Quay St (I think, goes up to the Bull Ring by BoI).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

Heard from a reliable source that the lease is up on the premises where clonard market is at the moment and they wont be renewing it. Too sterile in there.

The story goes that they want a location in town and are going to move into the old tesco site in town for fridays and saturdays and possibly sundays too.

The out building that was used as a car park will be used on sundays for car boot sales but proper market traders will be indoors.

Will be cool if this happens but its a massive space from what I can remember..maybe bigger than what used to be in drinagh? Anyway lets wait and see what happens....

Heard from a reliable source that the lease is up on the premises where clonard market is at the moment and they wont be renewing it. Too sterile in there.

The story goes that they want a location in town and are going to move into the old tesco site in town for fridays and saturdays and possibly sundays too.

The out building that was used as a car park will be used on sundays for car boot sales but proper market traders will be indoors.

Will be cool if this happens but its a massive space from what I can remember..maybe bigger than what used to be in drinagh? Anyway lets wait and see what happens....

I know Dunnes was approached regarding an indoor market for its main st site but nothing happened the former Tesco site would be ideal great amount of space allot of good traders were left homeless when Drinagh closed and Clonard wasnt big enough. My only worry is you get people selling their unwanted crap at these things.

Another new Aldi store rumoured to be opening in newtown by the race course.

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/wexfordpeople/news/aldi-believed-to-be-planning-third-store-29388591.html

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Aldi far better than Lidl in Wexford Town, that Lidl is gone downhill rapidly, it feels dirty, the staff look dirty and you queue for 10 minutes at least to check out with a jar of coffee, Lidl are a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

vicwatson wrote: »
    Aldi far better than Lidl in Wexford Town, that Lidl is gone downhill rapidly, it feels dirty, the staff look dirty and you queue for 10 minutes at least to check out with a jar of coffee, Lidl are a joke.

6 x bottles water in Aldi is €1.69 -- 6 x bottles water in Lidl is €1.39.

Gallon of water in Lidl is only €1.39 .

Look at value for money not your watch :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

I prefer Aldi for fresh food & veg. However, Lidl have more branded goods (which are not always better than the discount versions)

What wexford doesn't need is another Supermarket.

We need a lap dancing club.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 RustyRobo

McLoughlin wrote: »
    South East Records opened today in Peter St ....

Had a browse there yesterday - great shop. Tidy, organised, friendly and passionate about the product/service. Will be returning asap to start honing my collection. For those of us of a "certain age" or indeed anyone with a good old fashioned record player - this is a fantastic place and something I never expected to see outside of Dublin.

Overall, its great to see the South Main St area developing an eclectic mix of stand alone shops, bars, cafes etc ... please may it continue to thrive!

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

Has anyone been into that new red shop up from Selskar street(I don't live in Wexford, so don't know many street names)? I think it's called Entertainment Exchange. Has a really good selection of games, like some PC and PS2 stuff that I never thought I'd see in a retailer ever again.

Surely it's brand new, since its taking in loads of customers... I thought it would have killed off Xtra Vision and Gamestop due to the selection too.

a fat guy wrote: »
    Has anyone been into that new red shop up from Selskar street(I don't live in Wexford, so don't know many street names)? I think it's called Entertainment Exchange. Has a really good selection of games, like some PC and PS2 stuff that I never thought I'd see in a retailer ever again.

Surely it's brand new, since its taking in loads of customers... I thought it would have killed off Xtra Vision and Gamestop due to the selection too.

CEX on the Main St ? That the place though I haven't been down near Selskar in awhile.

a fat guy wrote: »

Yeah it's a great spot actually. DVD's (brilliant ones, perfect condition) no more than €4-€5. I sold a laptop there too, €200 cash.

And great air conditioning :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I was in this soon after it opened and couldn't see a bargain in it to save a life. Maybe it's better now?

vicwatson wrote: »
    I was in this soon after it opened and couldn't see a bargain in it to save a life. Maybe it's better now?

Ah Vic, you must be shopping in Un Yoke or something :pac:

Nah, some stuff is very expensive. Phones for example, along with video games are expensive. It is mainly DVD's and bringing in your own electronic goods that you do well.

You can browse the CEX website and see whats in the store http://ie.webuy.com/

• Advertisement

CEX is on North Main Street opposite McAuley's.

In other news, the Crescent Bar has closed.

RadioRetro wrote: »
    CEX is on North Main Street opposite McAuley's.

In other news, the Crescent Bar has closed.

No loss.

€1 shop opened north end of the town where cloud accessories was... new womens shop open in the premises where "voila" was as well...

€1 shop opened north end of the town where cloud accessories was... new womens shop open in the premises where "voila" was as well...

* kicks over furniture *

:mad:

hehe.. Well its new business...any new business is good business in my eyes... Itd be nice to have a major announcement on some big chain store addition but who knows whats around the corner :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

€1 shop opened north end of the town where cloud accessories was...
    Owned and run by Euro Zone a few doors up. They ran the Could 9 shop there previously too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Womens boutiques and Euro Saver shops... I'm all for new businesses but abit of variety please!!

Also, wheres my Costa?! :rolleyes:

Painting of outside of South 51 is ongoing plus activity inside.

Zhane wrote: »
    Womens boutiques and Euro Saver shops... I'm all for new businesses but abit of variety please!!

Also, wheres my Costa?! :rolleyes:

Not sure who said the Costa thing. It would be nice if that was true. anyone hear any more news on tk maxx? meadows and byrne? ptsb building? corries? etc etc :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Not sure who said the Costa thing. It would be nice if that was true. anyone hear any more news on tk maxx? meadows and byrne? ptsb building? corries? etc etc :)

The whole back of Corry's is completely gutted out, just the shell of the building left @ Main St side by the looks of it.

Advertisement