Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some welcomed additions to wexford shops!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

graffiti cans

Don't like the sounds of that !

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭00011000

vicwatson wrote: »

Don't like the sounds of that !

Heheh, lets hope they're responsible! :P

They never did get a skate park in Redmond park after did they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

They never did get a skate park in Redmond park after did they?

Public Indemnity Insurance cost was way too high and that rumoured comment from local councillor about the "anti social" element of a group of kids in one area.

McLoughlin wrote: »

Public Indemnity Insurance cost was way too high and that rumoured comment from local councillor about the "anti social" element of a group of kids in one area.

Personally, I think "anti-social" and "group of kids" is such a contradiction of terms. Kids will be kids and having a local facility for kids to practise the sport of skating would most certainly be a good thing as opposed to the quay/cloned village where they congregate now.

The guys were also saying that it's looking likely that skating will become an Olympic sport in 2016. I did some research myself and it looks like a long enough shot. But seeing as the IOC are even considering it seriously legitimises their sport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

RadioRetro wrote: »
    The old Joyces/Sony Centre on North Main Street opposite Sam McAuley's is being fitted out with fixtures similar in layout and look to those used in the cash converters type shop further down the street opposite Central Station.

It's a CEX store. A pretty good addition I think, they're great in the UK anyway

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

McLoughlin wrote: »

Drives me mad. Teenagers having nowhere decent to go in their time off is a big reason why young people in Wexford are having so many problems. I know it was a contributing factor why many of my friends had problems with drugs etc at that age. The number of teenagers that congregated in the old Pierce's factory shocked me.

Absolute morons.

It's a CEX store. A pretty good addition I think, they're great in the UK anyway

Oh! I love that shop up in Dublin. You get some unbelievable deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

00011000 wrote: »

Oh! I love that shop up in Dublin. You get some unbelievable deals.

Handy if you want to find your stolen mobile phone alright. :roll:

• Advertisement

Handy if you want to find your stolen mobile phone alright. :roll:

Wexford native in generalisation/sweeping statement shocker!! Give them a chance, the doors aren't even open yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

Wexford native in generalisation/sweeping statement shocker!! Give them a chance, the doors aren't even open yet.

I'm sure it will be a good store , and hopefully provide loads of jobs. I do know of one person who saw their stolen phone in the window and got it back quite easily as it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

00011000 wrote: »
    plus art/graffiti cans.

Great to see a skate shop opening anywhere but selling graffiti cans only leads to an increase in tagging.

Graffiti never stays within the confines of graffiti walls or skate parks unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

any new business is welcome in my eyes..better something in a premises than it lying vacant.

golfworks and one other unit...think its the blinds place on the quay sold as well...they are beside where tk maxx is roumered to be heading but who knows if that will go ahead... front page of the paper shows a U.S. based investor is seriously interested in the complete building, 75apts and commercial units...maybe this is the hold up on TK Maxx OR it could signal the beginning depending on what that investor has in mind. There has been no formal planning applications lodged re: TK Maxx as of yet. Hope that does happen because I think the knock on effect will be good and hopefully someone will take over lowneys mall and inject some colour to that area.

O Neill's on the main street is sold as well... still no shift on any of those premises sold recently...corrys, chemical afflictions etc. they all seem dead as doornails.

did anybody hear anymore about meadows and byrne? I seen a kickboxing gym opened top floor of that building where the dance school used to be...does this signal meadows and byrne are now gone or were they only taking the bottom floor anyway and its still being resolved?

also most of the units down by dunnes have been filled recently with different business... good stuff

Meadows and Byrne - appeal lodged with an bord pleanala, this will take couple months to resolve

The Bean & Berry Cafe is closing down on saturday but will open up soon under new managment.

The Little Yard...Wine and Tapas Bar opening soon on Main street April 27th I think... 26th or 27th.. Friday night.... another part of the Tierney empire so sounds like it'll be a nice place :)

Work going on inside O Neills on main street also.

There's work going on in moloneys newsagents just across from whites hotel, would be a handy place for a shop. Always wondered why it didn't work. Tough business I suppose.

There's work going on in moloneys newsagents just across from whites hotel, would be a handy place for a shop. Always wondered why it didn't work. Tough business I suppose.

Used to be one didn't it? And an Art Gallery during the Opera Festival

The Little Yard...Wine and Tapas Bar opening soon on Main street April 27th I think... 26th or 27th.. Friday night.... another part of the Tierney empire so sounds like it'll be a nice place :)

Where is The Little Yard going? In as part of the front of the Vine ??

• Advertisement

Used to be one didn't it? And an Art Gallery during the Opera Festival

Was a great little shop there for years but with supermarkets so close it couldn't keep up and it changed owners a few times but couldn't get it to work anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭Corvo

Tapa's Bar? Sweet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Eliza1

Tapas Bar will be lovely! Any idea where on the main street?

I dont know where on the main street its going... maybe where closet used to be? will there actually be a little yard? :) Would it go into O neills on the main street because I heard works going on upstairs in there also as well as on the ground floor plus it used to be a cafe upstairs there!

Could be anywhere, but its opening Friday the 26th. It will only open thursday, friday and saturday from around 6pm till close... Will be nice no doubt!

Also seen the final part of the main street broke up outside simons tonight... they are finally finishing off the paving in that little part that was left.

Shop on the quays by the John Barry had a couple in there tonight sizing up, so hopefully a good indication of a move on TK Maxx??

Did anyone hear if planning had been lodged and if it will actually go ahead since we had news of a U.S. Businessman looking to take over the complete building?

Eliza1 wrote: »
    Tapas Bar will be lovely! Any idea where on the main street?

AFAIK they're doing away with the little coffee shop which is linked to the yard next door to xtra vision and that's where the new venture is going.aked sense to make the most of the space I suppose, though the coffee shop was always busy when I pass

AFAIK they're doing away with the little coffee shop which is linked to the yard next door to xtra vision and that's where the new venture is going.aked sense to make the most of the space I suppose, though the coffee shop was always busy when I pass

In the ymca building? That would make sense as yard owner owns that building

is that in the Cafe Fusion place? is that where your talking about ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

I believe it is going in the current coffee shop area of the Yard

oh right ok. Small...unless there is some extra little bit of room there that we dont know about once "renovated"... oh well... Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

• Advertisement

I heard that the Red Chair thing may be moving into The Little Yard.

Advertisement