Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some welcomed additions to wexford shops!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

vicwatson wrote: »

Heard nowt. It would be great news -give Dominos a run for it's money. Is that red square one still open?

Yeah they're still there all right. Will be interesting to see if dominos will compete price wise. Apache are a lot cheaper and I
    Much prefer their side orders too. Way too early to be thinking about pizza!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Jengagirl

I see the Drinagh Court Hotel and Drinagh garden Centre are objecting to meadow and byrne :mad: the arguments they have put forward are pathetic.
    whatever about the hotel, the garden centre has had years to develop into something good but has stood still. They could have become an 'Avoca' type outlet if they knew what they were doing....too late now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Music shop is an awful idea, no idea how Whites is still open.

Saw the Apache signs down town today alright, hopefully they will be cheaper and nicer than Dominos.

Got a delivery from the new place in Redmond Square Kebab Bite last night, decent grub and reasonable prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

mdwexford wrote: »
    Music shop is an awful idea, no idea how Whites is still open.

Saw the Apache signs down town today alright, hopefully they will be cheaper and nicer than Dominos.

Got a delivery from the new place in Redmond Square Kebab Bite last night, decent grub and reasonable prices.

We had an Apache Pizza place in Enniscorthy & it closed down,the guys who own the Kebab shops took it over & are producing some damn fine pizzas.

Apache have closed a lot of stores around the country but they must see an opening in the market in Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Jengagirl wrote: »
    I see the Drinagh Court Hotel and Drinagh garden Centre are objecting to meadow and byrne :mad: the arguments they have put forward are pathetic.
    whatever about the hotel, the garden centre has had years to develop into something good but has stood still. They could have become an 'Avoca' type outlet if they knew what they were doing....too late now.

How do you know they are objecting and what are the arguments against that are pathetic? ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

zerks wrote: »
    We had an Apache Pizza place in Enniscorthy & it closed down,the guys who own the Kebab shops took it over & are producing some damn fine pizzas.

Apache have closed a lot of stores around the country but they must see an opening in the market in Wexford.

Apache is one of those franchise places so looks like someone thinks they can make an Apache work in Wexford town.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Jengagirl

How do you know they are objecting and what are the arguments against that are pathetic? ?

Theres a report on it in this weeks Wexford People

Jengagirl wrote: »
    Theres a report on it in this weeks Wexford People

Are you sure the Drinagh Court Hotel and Drinagh Garden Centre are objecting to Meadows and Byrne ?

There is a planning application in dated Oct 23rd and granted by Wex coco (but is being appealed) by a John Kearney from Enniscorthy looking to put a Garden centre and 140/150 seater restaurant at the end of the block where M&B are supposed to be going. The appeal has gone to An Bord Pleanala

Maybe John Kearney is the one that applied for PP on behalf of Meadows & Byrne (i.e. maybe he's their architect)

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

Wool Shop on the main street sold as is South 51. Do not know if both were sold together as a unit or separately. Chemical Afflictions beside heatons Sold and also O Neill's sweet shop (old premises) accross from the book centre sold.

Hopefully somthing goes into all of them soon... anybody hear about whats going into corrys ???

Hopefully Meadows and Byrne goes ahead. Shocking to see objections put in simply because of competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Eliza1

One buyer bought all of those premises. Hope they fill up soon. I heard there's a mans shop going into Corrys - dont know if thats true or not.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭robdugg

Anyone know when TK Maxx is coming? I believe it's going down under the multi story car park?

robdugg wrote: »
    Anyone know when TK Maxx is coming? I believe it's going down under the multi story car park?

No confirmed date and the Staffords building on Paul Quay is the most likely location for the store according to the Echo newspaper I though feel that the business should be brought to the main street as there is plenty of retail spaces.

TK Maxx would need a big space. Stafford's is perfect in terms of space. plus a car park right there. In waterford TK Maxx is not in town centre either. It does pretty well. The old Dunnes on main street would probably suit but is that building unsafe?

TK Maxx would need a big space. Stafford's is perfect in terms of space. plus a car park right there. In waterford TK Maxx is not in town centre either. It does pretty well. The old Dunnes on main street would probably suit but is that building unsafe?

Dunnes won't let the place to any business that they consider a "threat" The top floor has issues with the roof and the damp has spread to other places I was in there last summer with the council (whom rent out the window space) I tried to speak to various people about Dunnes been used as a pop up shop/indoor market or an artistic space for live music or even drama but my ideas got no responce.

Good ideas. What I'd love to see in there is a few bistros and cafes. Like a food court. Probably wouldn't have the numbers to fill it though.

Anyone know how much it is for window space? Might advertise xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx in there.

Good ideas. What I'd love to see in there is a few bistros and cafes. Like a food court. Probably wouldn't have the numbers to fill it though.

Anyone know how much it is for window space? Might advertise xxxxxxxxxxxxxxin there.

Last time I used it it was €50 for half space and €100 for full space a week.

A week???? WOW! I'm pretty sure one of the drama groups got a month for €25. I'll ask them again. Maybe they get that price cause they are a non profit.

A week???? WOW! I'm pretty sure one of the drama groups got a month for €25. I'll ask them again. Maybe they get that price cause they are a non profit.

I got that price for charity only 6 months ago

I'll ask again when I see them and let you know. I was thinking €25 for a month was ridiculously cheap so maybe it's not true

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Yeah they're still there all right. Will be interesting to see if dominos will compete price wise. Apache are a lot cheaper and I
    Much prefer their side orders too. Way too early to be thinking about pizza!

Apache looks to be open now or very shortly at least.

Was by there earlier & looking in shape for feeding the masses.

late opening on friday & saturday, some competition for Abra

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

We picked one up last night. They've a bit of work to do on customer service skills (chatting away before taking the order) and have some pretty weird pricing, €9.99 any pizza any size, except for a couple where they've scribbled out the prices and hand written in higher prices!! Took quite a while too but was worth the wait. I'm sure they're just teething problems, large pizza fed 4 of us nicely for a tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭Corvo

We picked one up last night. They've a bit of work to do on customer service skills (chatting away before taking the order) and have some pretty weird pricing, €9.99 any pizza any size, except for a couple where they've scribbled out the prices and hand written in higher prices!! Took quite a while too but was worth the wait. I'm sure they're just teething problems, large pizza fed 4 of us nicely for a tenner

Tried it Friday night. Was not impressed.

Have they a website for Wexford set up yet?

Is this the menu for Wexford too, even though it's not listed as a store yet ?

http://www.apache.ie/ckeditor_uploads/files/menu.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

The old Joyces/Sony Centre on North Main Street opposite Sam McAuley's is being fitted out with fixtures similar in layout and look to those used in the cash converters type shop further down the street opposite Central Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

RadioRetro wrote: »
    The old Joyces/Sony Centre on North Main Street opposite Sam McAuley's is being fitted out with fixtures similar in layout and look to those used in the cash converters type shop further down the street opposite Central Station.

Oh goody.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭00011000

There's a skate shop opening going into the small orange building across from the Sky and the Ground.

There are people working in South 51 as we speak.

RadioRetro wrote: »

Thats depressing another cash converters type shop

00011000 wrote: »
    There's a skate shop opening going into the small orange building across from the Sky and the Ground.

There are people working in South 51 as we speak.

Skate Shop thats interesting and South 51 depends on what type of pub/club/bar is going to be since The Sky went downhill with its music there is a market for original music around town but sadly its all cover bands that places want.

Skate shop? As in rollerblades/skateboards etc and the likes ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭00011000

Skate shop? As in rollerblades/skateboards etc and the likes ?

Yes, they're focusing purely on skateboarding to begin with, clothes, boards, shoes etc plus art/graffiti cans. Was chatting to the lads setting it up and seemingly it's like the only skate shop in co. wexford now

Advertisement