Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Devil May Cry reboot

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Oh well.

Roll on a new brawler hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Played and finished Vergil's downfall last night. Very short. Very boring. I liked playing as Vergil and thought he controlled very well, but the level design was boring and stale, it was too short, the story of it was awful
    (having to repair Vergil's heart, because f*ck symbolism)
    . Twice I used up Vital Stars because I presumed I'd be fighting a boss but instead, an animated cutscene appeared and ended the level.

Yeah, it definitely wasn't great. And the animated cutscenes annoyed me because out of all the things DmC got wrong, I thought the graphics in the cutscenes and Vergil himself were two of the things they got mostly right. Plus,
    no Dante boss fight? Really? Vergil kicks him in a cutscene and then simply just stabs him? Also, yet another picture of the Sparda family where Sparda's face is covered by a crack in the frame. Is that seriously the best they could come up with?

Don't think it was worth the money to be honest. Pretty much as disappointing as the main game itself.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

I enjoyed both the main game and the DLC.

Thougt Vergil was actually more fun and challenging to use than Dante. He's retrictive until you get a few upgrades but he's fun to use once you have them. Thought the gameplay was as good if not better than the main game.
    He needs to get his own bloody palace mode.

Your right about the level design. Was pretty much a rehash of level design from previous games.

Also the decision to use animations for the cut scenes felt abit cheap. Thought it created a disconnect between it and the main game.

Story was okay.

I think its a little on the pricey side as it is quite short if you only intend to play through it once. Add a Bloody Palace mode or getting the DLC at half price in a sale would make it worth while.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah, I thought Vergil played very well (though I disliked having to use the Demon Yamato mode as it's just very slow. Vergil is supposed to be lightning quick) and would have loved a Bloody Palace mode for him.
    The Devil Trigger comes far too late in the game too. Like you said, more than one playthrough, that's not a problem. But really, you only get to use it in the last level of one playthrough, which is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I just started playing this tonight after getting it on PS+. I've never played a DMC title so I have nothing to compare this to really. I finished the first level and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I can see myself playing through to the end.

Also impressed with the environment design too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement