Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wannabe Freemason is now a CT mod.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭aurelius79

Oh dear, permanent site ban. Did I strike a nerve? Well, this is far from over. Better ban my ip quick.

DS

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

demonspawn wrote: »
    That this site really is run by Freemason pigs. I forgot to mention something. My family are well known and these actions by the administrators of this site will also be well known.

Thats enough from you now.
    You have had your fun and games.

I dont know what you're taking, but I suggest you seek some professional help.

Whatever about disabling your usercp and avatar makes the mind boggle.

Goodbye!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Oh lordy, the prison thread should prove interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Whats a freemason and how much does he charge for whatever he does .??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Not much in this recession!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

DAMO72 wrote: »
    Whats a freemason and how much does he charge for whatever he does .??
    He builds walls for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Well this whole thread stinks of class room bullying - gang up on the guy thats a little different - hope you're all happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Well this whole thread stinks of class room bullying - gang up on the guy thats a little different - hope you're all happy.
    Well he's a troll, and now he's banned. So yes, I'm very happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

He's a troll, and looks like he has at least 2 accounts, making threats against boards. Good riddance.

Although wouldnt be surprised if he still has a few more accounts floating around...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

the Grand Lodge of Antrim
    Ah, now, come on. How Grand could it be if it's in Antrim? The Grand Lodge of Marrakech I could have believed, but Antrim? Pffft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Podman

He's a troll, and looks like he has at least 2 accounts, making threats against boards. Good riddance.

Although wouldnt be surprised if he still has a few more accounts floating around...

What other accounts?

And if he does, why should you be concerned?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Sparky wrote: »
    Thats enough from you now.
    You have had your fun and games.

I dont know what you're taking, but I suggest you seek some professional help.

Whatever about disabling your usercp and avatar makes the mind boggle.

Goodbye!

Are you saying that an Admin did not change his avatar a few times this evening?

that carry on has as much use as Demon's own overly hostile and personal approach to raising issues.. I'm not impressed one bit that an Admin would sink to the level of altering a users avatar in order to entertain the uninvolved.. it stinks of a cliquey & bullish mentality. He should have been banned much earlier or have his thread here closed rather than been made up as some sort of sideshow for people to laugh at..

Are you saying that an Admin did not change his avatar a few times this evening?

that carry on has as much use as Demon's own overly hostile and personal approach to raising issues.. I'm not impressed one bit that an Admin would sink to the level of altering a users avatar in order to entertain the uninvolved.. it stinks of a cliquey & bullish mentality. He should have been banned much earlier or have his thread here closed rather than been made up as some sort of sideshow for people to laugh at..

How do you know he didn't change it himself?

Podman wrote: »
    What other accounts?

From the rules:

While each forum has its own forum charter, the general Boards.ie Charter applies to every forum. Common sense prevails when posting on Boards.ie but below is a brief guide;

Personal Abuse will not be tolerated – Attack the post and not the poster.
    Spamming / Advertising will not be tolerated – please contact one of the admins, or sales@boards.ie, for more information on advertising.
    Posting the same topic in several forums is considered spamming – Please pick the most appropriate forum for your topic, and post it there.
    Inappropriate Posts will be removed – this includes vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
    Duplicate accounts are not permitted - if you require a duplicate account, please PM one of the admins to discuss it.
    Txt or l33t speak is not permitted. Its very, VERY, hard to read posts constructed in that way!

How do you know he didn't change it himself?

Only subscribers can have a custom avatar, his was changed a couple of times tonight to what were custom avatars and he wasn't a subscriber

The one stuck to his account right now seems to be a custom avatar too.

here's the usual URL for non-customised sigs - [..] b-static.net/vbulletin/images/avatars/ [..]

and for the customised ones - [..] b-static.net/vbulletin/customavatars/ [..]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

As I said, my family is well known and this will become public.

Say hi to your sisters for me, Jim.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Say hi to your sisters for me, Jim.

Joke was used on page 4.

some of these mods are a joke, give them a bit of responsability and they turn into power mad bullys. I'd hate to see these people get some power in the real world because some of them are proper bully scum.

Papa Smut wrote: »
    From the rules:
    Duplicate accounts are not permitted - if you require a duplicate account, please PM one of the admins to discuss it.

Cheers for the info Papa, but it still doesn't answer the questions for Jeboa Safari...
    What other accounts?

(JS' other post) "...you would have to question someones mental health if they create multiple accounts. He seemed fairly unhinged to me...."

It's easy to attack someone when they can't answer you back.
    Personal Abuse will not be tolerated – Attack the post and not the poster.

Joke was used on page 4.

some of these mods are a joke, give them a bit of responsability and they turn into power mad bullys. I'd hate to see these people get some power in the real world because some of them are proper bully scum.

There is at least one thread for discussing a mods likelihood of having gone darkside. (example)

Only subscribers can have a custom avatar, his was changed a couple of times tonight to what were custom avatars and he wasn't a subscriber
    How do you know?

Bear in mind that a subscriber does not have to show up as a subscriber in terms of the colour of stars under the name ... it's up to each individual to opt to change to the subscriber's user group in their usercp when they subscribe. Just as I have the choice to have either the white moderator stars or the grey h-mod stars or the pink subscriber stars under my user-name ...

And it only costs €5 euro to subscribe for a month, and goes through pretty instantaneously ...

Please note, I'm not suggesting that I have any information you don't, nor have I any way to check not available to yourself.

I'm simply pointing out that someone does not have to advertise the fact that they're a subscriber.

• Advertisement

Cheers for the info Papa, but it still doesn't answer the questions for Jeboa Safari...

(JS' other post) "...you would have to question someones mental health if they create multiple accounts. He seemed fairly unhinged to me...."

It's easy to attack someone when they can't answer you back.

Using the anonymity of the internet, why would he feel the need to create a new account? I stand by every post I've ever made (even the foolish ones)

Using the anonymity of the internet, why would he feel the need to create a new account? I stand by every post I've ever made (even the foolish ones)
    I don't know why, but I don't see why not either.
    Unless there are a pair of accounts thanking each other all the time, and following each other up with the same arguments, I haven't seen it with him though.

People can have as many gmails or myspaces or whatever else they want, it's fairly easy to assume boards would be the same if you never read the site rules, and didn't know about the no-duplicate rule.

How do you know?

Bear in mind that a subscriber does not have to show up as a subscriber in terms of the colour of stars under the name ... it's up to each individual to opt to change to the subscriber's user group in their usercp when they subscribe.

If you opt into the subscribers group you get the red stars.. but even if you don't, your name appears here under Subscribers- http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showgroups.php

I'm not trying to take the side of the guy who was banned.. I just think it was petty for an Admin to fiddle with the personal profile of a user

If you opt into the subscribers group you get the red stars.. but even if you don't, your name appears here under Subscribers- http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showgroups.php
    I think you have to opt into the subscribers's group to appear on that list as well, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

In any case, being sitebanned would delete him from that list automatically. I didn't think to check it this evening before he, and his alter ego which he used to troll a different set of forums, were sitebanned. Did you?

What other accounts?

aurelius79 wrote: »
    Oh dear, permanent site ban. Did I strike a nerve? Well, this is far from over. Better ban my ip quick.

DS

dunno, heres one

I don't know why, but I don't see why not either.
    Unless there are a pair of accounts thanking each other all the time, and following each other up with the same arguments, I haven't seen it with him though.

People can have as many gmails or myspaces or whatever else they want, it's fairly easy to assume boards would be the same if you never read the site rules, and didn't know about the no-duplicate rule.

But do you not see since this is a private site, with rules and regulations that specify that you cannot have a second account, that you have to abide by them or find a new place? God knows the internet is big enough.

Boards isn't "just another web site" our usernames are us. I know so many boardsies in real life it's ridiculous (and sometimes scary:P). It's a community. There is absolutely no reason to have more than one login and if you do, you should be banned, permanently, as you obviously don't understand the basic ethic and community behind boards.

I think you have to opt into the subscribers's group to appear on that list as well, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

In any case, being sitebanned would delete him from that list automatically. I didn't think to check it this evening before he, and his alter ego which he used to troll a different set of forums, were sitebanned. Did you?

He wasn't on that list after his avatar was changed the first time tonight, and that was before he was banned. And as far as I can see, people who have not opted into the subscriber group still appear there.. the names that aren't italicized are examples.. I've removed myself from the group and my name is still there.

I'm not trying to stir crap here.. he was an obnoxious troll.. but his avatar was obviously changed by a second party, seemingly for no other reason than to mock him.. and even if he's the biggest troll the site has ever seen, I don't think that kind of action is warranted.. not to mention the statement that suggested such an action taking place as "mind-boggling"

He wasn't on that list after his avatar was changed the first time tonight, and that was before he was banned. And as far as I can see, people who have not opted into the subscriber group still appear there.. the names that aren't italicized are examples.. I've removed myself from the group and my name is still there.
    Hmm, it would appear that you are correct. My apologies, I learn something new every day! Seems a bit illogical from a code point of view, but then, what I know about coding wouldn't fill a penny notebook.
    I'm not trying to stir crap here.. he was an obnoxious troll.. but his avatar was obviously changed by a second party, seemingly for no other reason than to mock him.. and even if he's the biggest troll the site has ever seen, I don't think that kind of action is warranted.. not to mention the statement that suggested such an action taking place as "mind-boggling"
    I guess even Admins eventually get tired of being called "freemason pigs" ...

And not to get picky, but I think if you look back, that statement wasn't directly referring to an avatar being changed, though it was to a related issue, certainly.

Anyway, 'tisn't my intention or wish to answer for other people, I'll let them do that for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭FarmerGreen

.. not to mention the statement that suggested such an action taking place as "mind-boggling"

Its a masonic conspiracy, mods are always doing that kind of thing.
    Everybody knows that, but so few give a damn.

• Advertisement

Its a masonic conspiracy

Nah.. it's just dickish behavior, and it happens all too often here in FB. When a user is doomed they're easy pickings.

Nobody expects the Spanish inquisition.. but the banned guy got it.. so why not whoever is denying that they altered a user profile?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement