Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

sudzs wrote: »
    I thought they were dire. But Pat was oozing mawkish praise all over them.

Practically any band Pat puts on gets the by now almost statutory "wow!" from der plank.

Getting as cringeworthy as when the Queen was "wowed!" for saying the cúpla focail last year :D.

Pat should really drop the live music segment and act his age...ffs, it's like your grandad asking a teen if "you're going gigging or partying". :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

it not really my kind of music so i cant say if it was any good or not but one of the instrument players was clearly out of tune.

first time ive heard a really bad musician in ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

europa11 wrote: »
    Practically any band Pat puts on gets the by now almost statutory "wow!" from der plank.

"Wow that's a great sound you have" = It sounds like industrial machinery to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

I'd love to meet these scumbags who treat foreign workers virtually as slaves with a baseball bat in a dark alley. :mad:

ah jesus MORE music.

stop cheapinging the issue. i'd love to see the mush on pat if he or some of his friends had to deal with those working conditions for a week.

and whens he gonna get to noonan threatening the nation yesterday ?

i joked on another site it'd be at 11.55 , now im not so sure.

(by way music not bad)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

It's absolutely reprehensible. Money may buy many things, but not class or humanity, apparently.

the amount of people doing this that were "respectable" is staggering.

remember the solicitor/barrister that had that poor phillipino girl as an effective slave?

theres civic society for ya.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

and whens he gonna get to noonan threatening the nation yesterday ?

i joked on another site it'd be at 11.55.........

Nail on the head there Con.

And threatening the nation is a perfect description of what he did.

jaysus.

two minutes on the issue before going onto o cuive and the only commentator on it is sleeping with an FFer who's only problem with it is

he went on a solo run and didnt tell "the lads"

and

did it when the broadcasting rules forced equal coverage of it.

mother of god. newstalk did better than this and Dennis o Brien calls the shots there !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

This is bizarre .... a 14 year old child knew abuse was wrong but the priest interviewing him didn't. Give us a break :mad:

Well done Pat excellent interview .... great to hear an interviewer getting as angry with these yahoos as every normal person in the country is

• Advertisement

Pat is in flying form this morning.

He's at his best in interviews like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

PK is the only person I have ever heard, referring to St James's Hospital as St. James... the way he doesn't pronounce the 's at the end. He does something similar with Beaumount Hospital... he always pronounces it Beau-mont. Is he trying to sound like he's a cut above the little people with his faux-posh pronunciation?? :rolleyes:

Lapin wrote: »
    Pat is in flying form this morning.

He's at his best in interviews like this.

He is! If only he would stick to it though, and keep away from dodgy country music!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭touts

Callan57 wrote: »
    This is bizarre .... a 14 year old child knew abuse was wrong but the priest interviewing him didn't. Give us a break :mad:

Well done Pat excellent interview .... great to hear an interviewer getting as angry with these yahoos as every normal person in the country is

Indeed. He did well with the wafflers.

But wait till the crufix wearing brigade flood in their texts accusing him of being biased.

PK is the only person I have ever heard, referring to St James's Hospital as St. James... the way he doesn't pronounce the 's at the end. He does something similar with Beaumount Hospital... he always pronounces it Beau-mont. Is he trying to sound like he's a cut above the little people with his faux-posh pronunciation?? :rolleyes:

Ah come on Sudzs, surely people can't be slagged for pronouncing something correctly.

Keep it for Joe Duffy and his Bow-MOUNT, Liz-BONN, Stock-HOLLUM etc...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

He is! If only he would stick to it though, and keep away from dodgy country music!

And Z-list celebs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

And musical typewriters with bicycle bells. :)

Plowman wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

So it is!! Mea culpa! :o

But it is definately St. James's, with an 's. :p

Only in Ireland would half a dozen hospitals partake in a bidding war for a childrens hospital
    some 5 years after the government was offered a free site to build it in a suitable location.

And thats not even mentioning the millions wasted in the meantime.

:mad:

• Advertisement

Lapin wrote: »
    Liz-BONN

I'm always reminded of "our" Liz Bonnin

liz%20bonnin.jpg&width=600&constrain=true

when Joe mangles the capital of Portugal.
    Rawr!

So it is!! Mea culpa! :o

But it is definately St. James's, with an 's. :p

TBH, I'd be with Pat on this one (I know the actual Hospital writes it as St. James's but that looks odd). Generally, if a noun ends in s in its normal form, I just add an apostrophe at the end to indicate possession.

Ha ha! He reverted to St James's with the 's, there a couple of times! :D

I'll let it go now...... :o

Ha ha! He reverted to St James's with the 's, there a couple of times! :D

I'll let it go now...... :o

Ah for Jaysus' (or is that Jaysus's?:):)) sake, Pat! At least be consistent!

Yakuza wrote: »
    TBH, I'd be with Pat on this one (I know the actual Hospital writes it as St. James's but that looks odd). Generally, if a noun ends in s in its normal form, I just add an apostrophe at the end to indicate possession.

That's fair enough. But colloquially it is pronounced with the 's and it just sounds odd and a bit pretentious when Pat insists on saying St James Hospital.

Just when Pat was doing so well, he goes and písses off the entire north inner city of Dublin in a single sentence. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The sick children are not top of the vested interests list

Wow, some Morning Ireland-esque nose breathing into the mic going on there.

Damnit, I missed the start of the Joan vs Mary-Lou segment, will have to pick up the podcast. Joan's not for being interrupted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Joan is being bitch slapped by Mary LOL. The quality of ministers in this country is frightening and worrying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement