Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭touts

Was that Brush Shiels' sister?

Did she tell a few bad jokes, murder a bad song and all the time have [insert random RTE presenter] tell her she was fantastic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

touts wrote: »
    Did she tell a few bad jokes, murder a bad song and all the time have [insert random RTE presenter] tell her she was fantastic?

The childish rhyming and alliteration for the sake of alliteration seemed familiar.. I thought it was a joke..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

I think pats taking a sly dig at the referendum .

The first part of the show had a woman trying to spin no union backing the FU treaty as somehow a call to a yes vote from em (using plenty of "i thinks " )

But the very next item , ostensibly about Murdoch, is on the agenda of gov and the media manipulating the news for their means

:D

Fair play pat if that was deliberate !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

that Chelsea Barca summary was great, the music ... I hope they podcast it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,048 ✭✭✭✭neris

pity about the arty farty segment after the barca report. voice on yer wan. must be one of pats neighbours out in dalkey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Dickens segment is mind-numbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Thought it would never end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

RadioRetro wrote: »
    Dickens segment is mind-numbing.

Totally disagree ... IMO the best part of the show

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Poor interview by Pat on Bosnia, just accepting yer man's narrative that everything was down to Serbia. Throwing in a Nazi comparison, too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

What a nothing topic, may as well discuss the Star Wars universe as historical fact ...

• Advertisement

Jays pat just completely ambushed macdowel just now on picking his olygarchs :)

Cheek of the bollocks going on about Sam smyth too . Ya mean the guy ya gave confidential gardai files to in order to bury a journalist annoying bertie ?

****ing hypocracy here is STAGGERING !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Shades of a Jim Corresque conspiracy theory here by McDowell with his continuous reference to the content of websites to bolster his argument.

Jim is on again... And that clown from the TEEU that looks (and makes about as much sense) as Captain Bird's Eye.

Passing this treaty is a complete no brainer... The Government should make a statement saying "if we reject the treaty, there is a chance that there will be no money available to pay public servants and social welfare".. Given the conservative nature of public servants most will vote it through, and those on social welfare will not risk a no vote either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

eamon_devoy2012.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSeu08cu5KgCUe5qj2ulcjoenNVM5I2joct4LTRch19nbgjjLgEZA Seperated at birth ?
    ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Jim Power must have some special contract with PK. Every time I've tuned in the last few weeks he's been on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

dambarude wrote: »
    Jim Power must have some special contract with PK. Every time I've tuned in the last few weeks he's been on.

But Jim is the only one who knew that a crash was imminent.

Jim also predicted the housing bubble would bust.

Jim foresaw the crisis that would see Greece, Portugal and ourselves needing a bailout. He also warned everyone about Spain.

Jim also knows the name of Bertie's horse and bookie.

All that stuff about Jim & Friends First :rolleyes:....never happened!

PS.:- expect to hear more from this financial wizard :D on Maid Marion's late morning w/e gigs on the run up to the referendum.

Marzie also seems to share with Pat an amazing blind faith in his "expertise"......fck knows why!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

europa11 wrote: »
    But Jim is the only one who knew that a crash was imminent.

Jim also predicted the housing bubble would bust.

Jim foresaw the crisis that would see Greece, Portugal and ourselves needing a bailout. He also warned everyone about Spain.

Jim also knows the name of Bertie's horse and bookie.

All that stuff about Jim & Friends First :rolleyes:....never happened!

PS.:- expect to hear more from this financial wizard :D on Maid Marion's late morning w/e gigs on the run up to the referendum.

Marzie also seems to share with Pat an amazing blind faith in his "expertise"......fck knows why!

:D:D Is he 'on call' to RTE or something ... or maybe he just comes cheap! Himself & Eddie Hobbs do my head in :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Listening to the talk between the FFer, the FGer and Conor Faughnan about fuel prices, I was reminded of the closing scene of Animal Farm where the ordinary animals were looking in the window and the boss animals (pigs) and the old bosses (humans) were meeting up to play poker (and started accusing each other of cheating), and the ordinary animals couldn't tell them apart...

Thanks for that, Tina, very informative. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

RadioRetro wrote: »
    Thanks for that, Tina, very informative. :rolleyes:

I think that spot is aimed more at older people who don't use the net, my parents who are in their 70s love all that consumer advice stuff on radio and tv but wouldn't know how or think to use the web to find it. In a way that 15 minute sports spot with Cahill is the same I think, you can find out sports results instantaneously now no need for results the next morning, its easy for people like us to take forums and the net in general for granted I suppose but a huge amount of the listeners to Kenny wouldn't be computer literate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Death to sickly sweet sounding twee singer songwriters

"this is a song I wrote you ba ba ba da" - BANG! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

mike65 wrote: »

I totally agree with you Irelands full of them, anyway I prefer songs people write for themselves usually much better :D

big story on the nine o clock news last night about the IMF not funding us if we need it.

pat didnt touch it AT ALL for some reason !

:D:D:D:D

mike65 wrote: »

They used a typewriter, bike bell and mouth popping... how innovatizzzzzzzzzzzz....

feck me.

the minister for finance has just said on the news that if we dont vote yes he'll fuk us up in the budget.

and pat didnt say a word[/i[ about it !

yes i know "balance" has to be shown on the treaty but bloody hell this is unprecedented !

RTE is stuffed with yes voters, just drag one from the canteen and let at it.

right now some biddy is going on about fecking communism and high heel shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

Oh gawd, PK just corrected the singer he's interviewing...

Singer "there is no trees there..."

PK "there are no trees...."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

Where does he find all these dreadful country acts?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

Dirigent wrote: »
    Where does he find all these dreadful country acts?

I thought they were dire. But Pat was oozing mawkish praise all over them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,048 ✭✭✭✭neris

sudzs wrote: »
    I thought they were dire. But Pat was oozing mawkish praise all over them.

rte dont do criticism they do arse licking. just listen to kenny, tubridy and duffy they nearly fall over themselves giving guests and callers inflated egos

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement