Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭EchoO

jcf wrote: »
    who's the retard singing ?

That would be Hue and Cry. They where big for about a week in the late '80s. Apparently they are on their 22nd album - that's first I've heard of them since around 1987.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

mike65 wrote: »
    For some reason "Early Houses" are assumed to be the natural habitat of intriguing low lives and characters. Never really understood why they exist to be honest, they are not the sort of establishment one visits for a convivial social drinkie.
    Especially when one has not had to lower one's standards:eek: and muddy one's hands doing all night shift work.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

The house was bought for 3 MILLION... I think that important fact was left out of most news stories.. Why dont they sell it and buy four normal size houses..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Pat took the day off to guard his land in case those pensioners decide pitch their tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Maybe Pat wasn't happy talking about "Celtic Tiger" style houses......Like his......We all know how touchy he is on that subject!

• Advertisement

Well they wouldnt be the first Germans to take over lebensraum and refuse to leave...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Let them move into one of their many rental properties,or would that be below them?

no sympathy for them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Wonder how this gent would behave if a tenant of his multiple properties failed to pay their rent? :rolleyes:
    I have zero sympathy for this individual .... he & his ilk fed the Celtic Tiger madness & made it impossible for ordinary individuals & couples to purchase A HOME. :eek:

Sounds like there was no mediation of any sorts and "thickness" on both sides prevailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

He owns multiple properties but was not a speculator.

This guy seems himself as a saint providing homes for people. Jesus wept. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I feel sorry for them because of their age, but they really shouldn't have been investing in property at 71 years of age, they should have been enjoying their retirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

So he suddenly found the money in the last 3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Sorry they lost their house, but who borrows €2m at 63 (and who lends €2m to a 63 year old)? Madness all around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Miles says he wouldn't be sure if Brendan would evict a tenant who hadn't paid rent for two years, give me a break there isn't one landlord who wouldn't after 2 or 3 months max

Radio is the best medium for looking at paintings.

Euugh...the sound of arty knobs yapping is like nails on a blackboard to me. I'll be taking a sabbatical until the 11:00 news.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

He has to say that as he is speaking on national radio and has no proof that the situation is otherwise.

have to admire the brass neck of these people.....they make disaterous investments and are living in a 2.3 million house in a gated community (to keep the ordinary people out) and now expect to continue to live this house while John Q taxpayer pick up the tab - the same John Q that their gates are designed to keep out.

These sound like a greedy pair who have decided to play the old pensioner card and fighting like hell to hold on to their properties - i.e get John Q to pay for their excesses.

Hopefully this will be the start of chucking more goons out of their mansions and protecting the ordinary taxpayer !

"Two Celebrities".....Now who could that be??.....*scratches head*......

He has to say that as he is speaking on national radio and has no proof that the situation is otherwise.

have to admire the brass neck of these people.....they make disaterous investments and are living in a 2.3 million house in a gated community (to keep the ordinary people out) and now expect to continue to live this house while John Q taxpayer pick up the tab - the same John Q that their gates are designed to keep out.

These sound like a greedy pair who have decided to play the old pensioner card and fighting like hell to hold on to their properties - i.e get John Q to pay for their excesses.

Hopefully this will be the start of chucking more goons out of their mansions and protecting the ordinary taxpayer !

The worse thing about it is that your man said he only rented out "quality" apartments, seeing as you only have to give one months notice to quit to tenants they would have the choice of any of his (it sounds like) numerous apartments to live in, zero sympathy for the gits.

Just heard that Christy Moore will be doing a fundraising gig for that poor Killiney couple. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

/\ What? :eek: /\

Make it stop!

mike65 wrote: »
    /\ What? :eek: /\

Make it stop!

I was jesting, though he did support that property developer who drove his cement truck into the Dail so you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭touts

Miles says he wouldn't be sure if Brendan would evict a tenant who hadn't paid rent for two years, give me a break there isn't one landlord who wouldn't after 2 or 3 months max

If he is a half way successful landlord (and if he was able to afford a 3.75M mansion he must have been one of the best) then I suspect he evicted many many families in his time. If I was one of them I'd be onto the tabloids right now negotiating a fee to tell my story. The weekend papers might be interesting.

Yakuza wrote: »
    Sorry they lost their house, but who borrows €2m at 63 (and who lends €2m to a 63 year old)? Madness all around.

I posted the above without knowing their situation. I'm less inclined to feel sympathy for them having found out they own lots of properties and businesses and had two years to try and discharge some of their debt.

The madness point is still valid, though!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

Yakuza wrote: »
    I posted the above without knowing their situation. I'm less inclined to feel sympathy for them having found out they own lots of properties and businesses and had two years to try and discharge some of their debt.

The madness point is still valid, though!
    Madness it was.

I think ye all better think twice before doing down the Kellys. So they stood up to Ango. Well why shouldn't they.

They were shut out and got wasted because they are below the magic line that lets the too big to fails off the hook. There will be plenty more small fry to feel the Anglo jack boot up their arse before IBRC and a host of pariahs sail off into the sunset with their spoils.

if Pat thinks there'll be a small number of people abusing debt writeoffs, he doesn't understand the Irish psyche.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Is that Darina Allen? She sounds quite different from what I remember.

That Minister just on - Kathleen Lynch - Dey dey dey do be talking about mental hilt so dey do. Nails on a chalkboard.

Was that Brush Shiels' sister?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm listening to WLR, the show is so dull today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement