Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

There she's off again...."I have been interrupted on 20 occasions already".

Hope Patricia is keeping score of how many times she has butted in ontop of others and has acted like a child with her "waah! wahh! I'm walking.." tirades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Patricia Casey........... insufferable.
    I switched off.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

At the end of all that - the Angelus.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,543 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Well, I'm happy she was butted-into 20 times, I hope the feeling make's her happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

mikom wrote: »
    Patricia Casey........... insufferable.
    I switched off.
    Imagine the unfortunate mentally ill people who have to endure her tender care!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

neris wrote: »
    that fulvio woman is a patronising pain in d hole. whats wrong with a good crisp sandwich

nothing !

so long as its tayto "bistro" crisps, with chopped salmon and drizzled with olive oil apparently.

:D

FFS how can pat even HAVE that whole peice without being embarresed. the whole point of a sambo is something quick and easy that doesnt involve you hunting through the obscure aisle of a superquinns for some mad ingredient only catherine can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Yakuza wrote: »
    Ah, here we are, back with the folksy 'Merican muzak. We should get the "Wow" today for sure...

Edit : Now Wow today.
    Hmm, maybe he reserves his Wows for live performances. And the fact that that song was God-awful (even relative to other folksy stuff), maybe he couldn't bring himself to day it. She sounded drunk (while singing a song about her drinking, so not a huge stretch of the auld imagination).

I said that to myself too, "surely he will say wow!"....:D.Surprised he didnt.I never heard any of the "music" on the show with I could say was nice.Well it is only filler.
    neris wrote: »
    that fulvio woman is a patronising pain in d hole. whats wrong with a good crisp sandwich

Yeah but she is eye candy:p, pity we cant see her on the show.I dont know what she was talking about having them ingredients in ones fridge? I dont have any of that fancy stuff.

I would like ham with tomatoes, lettuce, egg maybe and plaster it with mayo....mmmmmmmmmmmmmm salvinating

oh, forgot, a big belch afterwards..:D.Possibly buffalo hunky dorys crisps on a rare occasion with it as well.

http://static.independent.ie/migration_catalog/article28805281.ece/ALTERNATES/h342/fulvio-i

By the way in case you all wanted to know, I had a ham and spring onion sandwich with mayo this evening, but it will probably keep repeating with me for a week LOL!

That gathering was a joke , nobody could hear anything that was said with them all shouting over one another.Pat, you should have been a better referee.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Funny eyewitness:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Funny eyewitness:D

As he went to rescue the women he grabbed his "big mac". I really hope big mac is not slang for some sort of a weapon and he actually ran to the house yielding a burger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Ugh I heard Patricia Casey on Morning Ireland and she is full of crap.

She tries to say that because no research has been done on abortion in suicidal women, that that means there is no link. Grr.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

touts wrote: »
    As he went to rescue the women he grabbed his "big mac". I really hope big mac is not slang for some sort of a weapon and he actually ran to the house yielding a burger.

No, he brought Mary Lou MacDonald with him..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

"Boy attacked by organ grinder's monkey".

Nowadays that monkey would be arrested under Operation Yewtree. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,493 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Lapin wrote: »
    "Boy attacked by organ grinder's monkey".

Nowadays that monkey would be arrested under Operation Yewtree. ;)

Miriam O'Callaghan ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Are there any celebrities who don't at some stage discover that they are Irish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Pat questioning the provenance of the material used by other broadcasters.. he really wouldnt want to start throwing stones in that glasshouse..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Terrible thing happened this morning ... that dammed "a" word subject was the cause of me almost missing the interview with Kate Adie, what an amazing woman & what a truly interesting & entertaining interviewee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Are there any celebrities who don't at some stage discover that they are Irish?

They don't come on Irish radio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Loved Kate Adie

efb wrote: »
    Loved Kate Adie

Everywhere she went there was trouble though ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

"It was the drink that done it - not me".

"Me brudder died from the same thing".

I hope the judge threw the book at this cretin for trying to present himself as the victim of his own crimes.

If not, the real victims were denied justice. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Ugh I heard Patricia Casey on Morning Ireland and she is full of crap.

She tries to say that because no research has been done on abortion in suicidal women, that that means there is no link. Grr.

Patricia was taking the default Iona position of trying to rewrite history - revisionalism as Dr.Boylan put it - the professor from New Zealand was as clear as possible in his analysis of HIS studies YET Patricia Casey was telling us otherwise.

Have so few (Iona Institute) ever had so much access to the Irish airwaves....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Callan57 wrote: »
    Kate Adie, what an amazing woman & what a truly interesting & entertaining interviewee.
    The Katie Adie interview was very interesting, it was far better than most of the crap we're regularly subjected to on the Late Late Show.

I must be getting old :( I seem to prefer radio interviews to television interviews these days :o

MrsD007 wrote: »
    The Katie Adie interview was very interesting, it was far better than most of the crap we're regularly subjected to on the Late Late Show.

I'm must be getting old :( I seem to prefer radio interviews to television interviews these days :o

Was just thinking the same thing. The radio gives me more enjoyment.
    John Creedon is just the topping :)

Tayto, I'm not sure whether you're being serious or not but I like John Creedon. Remember when he was Gerry Ryan's buddy - 'Terence, the hairdresser from Cork' ;):D

I wish they gave him back the 3 - 4:30pm slot, I think he is way better than Derek Mooney. He used to have a programme on Radio 1 in the afternoons about seven years ago before being banished to a graveyard slot very late at night. It's nice that he is back to a more normal time - 8pm.

Tayto, I'm not sure whether you're are being serious or not but I like John Creedon. Remember when he was Gerry Ryan's buddy - 'Terence, the hairdresser from Cork' ;):D

I wish they gave him back the 3 - 4:30pm slot, I think he is way better than Derek Mooney. He used to have a programme on Radio 1 in the afternoons about seven years ago before being banished to a graveyard slot very late at night. It's nice that he is back to a more normal time - 8pm.

Not joking. I really like JC and the kind of music he plays. I don't mind what time he's on as long as I can hear the show.
    There used to be a female presenter, from Cork I think, who I used to enjoy as well. I think her first name was Carrie. Haven't heard her in years so she probably left and went to work for some other station.

It's funny, I remember when I was pregnant with my now six year old, I used to have John Creedon on every afternoon and at night I'd listen to Vincent Browne's radio programme (it would have been around the time of the tribunals when Joe Taylor would do the re-enactments).

Anyway, when my child was born, she was extremely colicky and rarely slept. My only respite was when Vincent Browne and John Creedon were on radio, she loved them and she was happy out while they were speaking :D It must be their accents. I remember at one stage having to record lots of Vincent Browne's radio programmes because he was going on holidays for a couple of months :o

I don't remember Carrie, how about Lillian Smith on Late Date? I think she's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Tayto, I'm not sure whether you're are being serious or not but I like John Creedon. Remember when he was Gerry Ryan's buddy - 'Terence, the hairdresser from Cork' ;):D

Ah holy God! next thing you two will be praising Donnacha ;)

It's funny, I remember when I was pregnant with my now six year old, I used to have John Creedon on every afternoon and at night I'd listen to Vincent Browne's radio programme (it would have been around the time of the tribunals when Joe Taylor would do the re-enactments).

Anyway, when my child was born, she was extremely colicky and rarely slept. My only respite was when Vincent Browne and John Creedon were on radio, she loved them and she was happy out while they were speaking :D It must be their accents. I remember at one stage having to record lots of Vincent Browne's radio programmes because he was going on holidays for a couple of months :o

I don't remember Carrie, how about Lillian Smith on Late Date? I think she's great.

Spent the last 10 minutes trying to remember Carrie's last name and then it came to me -- Carrie Crowley. She was good on the radio.
    Wonder what happened to her?

Callan57 wrote: »
    Ah holy God! next thing you two will be praising Donnacha ;)

I like Donnacha. He's an institution.
    Please don't say he should be in one though.

• Advertisement

Spent the last 10 minutes trying to remember Carrie's last name and then it came to me -- Carrie Crowley. She was good on the radio.
    Wonder what happened to her?
    Ah, I remember Carrie Crowley, she was from Waterford though not Cork ;)

She became an actress and she also does a lot of voice over work.

http://irishequity.ie/component/option,com_comprofiler/task,userProfile/user,699/Itemid,26/

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0189713/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement