Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

One representative of a left-wing point of view; one representative of a right-wing point of view: sounds to me like a good formula for a fair and balanced discussion.

I didn't notice any right wing point of view, I just noticed neither party grasping the fact the government needs to get its spending under control.

12 billion annual deficit is not austerity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Richard Bruton: "Sorry Pat your audio failed there I couldn't hear what was said"
    Translation: "That ****er Rabbitt is trying to put my FG mate Noonan in the spotlight and he can feck off if he thinks I'm commenting"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

Minister Bruton, the best good news merchant that the Government has but the reality is something different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"I noticed that my young wife was having a stroke"

Humble brag?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Great morning for Waterford Glass workers ... fair play to UNITE for fighting the case

• Advertisement

"The banks said to me. Listen if there are any farmers in trouble, send them in to us".
    How naive is Simon Coveney...

Old Anglo Irish Bank pens used to promote the anti abortion agenda .... is today April 1st or what? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Pat talks money,sparks will fly:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Callan57 wrote: »
    Great morning for Waterford Glass workers ... fair play to UNITE for fighting the case

Actually it's only an average morning for the Waterford Glass Workers who are just getting what they were promised. It's actually a great morning for the multi millionaire past owners of Waterford Crystal and yet another ****e morning for the taxpayer who once again picks up the bill for the incompetence of others.

The unions never win against anybody other than the State, who either roll over or are too incompetent to indemnify themselves in the same way a private company would. I dont begrudge the WC staff, but it sickens me to hear the union doing their lap of honour.. You can be sure that any time a union wins the taxpayer loses..

• Advertisement

Happy endings??.. I'm sure that Paddy O'Gorman wanted nothing to do with this piece

"Me father's wedding". ... lol

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I was just listening to Pat interview Patricia Ward Kelly, wife of the late Gene Kelly.

I can see Tubs interviewing her on the LLS. All the talk of the Kennedys, the White House and Gene's Irish roots would have Tubs salivating :D

The unions never win against anybody other than the State, who either roll over or are too incompetent to indemnify themselves in the same way a private company would. I dont begrudge the WC staff, but it sickens me to hear the union doing their lap of honour.. You can be sure that any time a union wins the taxpayer loses..

Unless I mishead the show said there was a ruling 7 years ago requiring governments to ensure pension funds were in a position to meet their obligations but nothing was done about it (like so many other things!) ..... now I wonder who was in govt 7 years ago ???????????? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I'm glad the the Waterford Crystal workers will get their pension entitlements, it's a shame they had to go to Europe to get them.

It makes me annoyed when I think of the last government and how they gave the former financial regulator, Pat Neary his €143,000 a year pension (€2,750 per week) and €630,000 golden handshake on a plate. A man who was asleep on the job :mad: I remember Mary Coughlan saying that had to make the payment after receiving legal advice on the matter. It's a shame they did, I'd have loved if Neary had to take legal action to get his money.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,493 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I'm glad the the Waterford Crystal workers will get their pension entitlements, it's a shame they had to go to Europe to get them.

It makes me annoyed when I think of the last government and how they gave the former financial regulator, Pat Neary his €143,000 a year pension (€2,750 per week) and €630,000 golden handshake on a plate. A man who was asleep on the job :mad: I remember Mary Coughlan saying that had to make the payment after receiving legal advice on the matter. It's a shame they did, I'd have loved if Neary had to take legal action to get our money.

FYP.

Is there nothing the Healy-Rae's won't do for publicity? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Radio5

Callan57 wrote: »
    Is there nothing the Healy-Rae's won't do for publicity? :mad:

No. Anything goes.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

The problem isnt closing stations, it's that the scum are all on bail. They should be in jail on long sentences.

There needs to be a few more John "Frog" Wards.. Criminals need to know that if they break in to somebody's house then they are risking their life.. And in court cases there should be a complete amnesty for anybody who shoots a person dead on their own property in such circumstances..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

There needs to be a few more John "Frog" Wards.. Criminals need to know that if they break in to somebody's house then they are risking their life.. And in court cases there should be a complete amnesty for anybody who shoots a person dead on their own property in such circumstances..

And in 10yrs we will be trying to gun control (like America) because of the amount of innocents shot dead in the course of their work or because they where simply in the wrong place and lethally affected by paranoia.

The justice system is the only way to solve this imo. Kneejerks won't cut it.

• Advertisement

Happyman42 wrote: »
    And in 10yrs we will be trying to gun control (like America) because of the amount of innocents shot dead in the course of their work or because they where simply in the wrong place and lethally affected by paranoia.

The justice system is the only way to solve this imo. Kneejerks won't cut it.

Agree .... & a garda sitting in a station for two hours a week won't solve it either nor will a local, parish pump hack playing to the gallery & looking for cheap publicity. :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I cannot imagine the horror of discovering your son is a sex offender. Not sure how loyal I would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,039 ✭✭✭✭neris

yipee the patronising condescending and bullying head of revenue to burn our ears on Monday with more threats

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

The ever effusive Catherine Fulvio.....:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Ah, Jim Power.

Unusual to hear him on the radio.

What a refreshing change. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Lapin wrote: »
    Ah, Jim Power.

Unusual to hear him on the radio.

What a refreshing change. :rolleyes:

Fair play to Pat, always likes to leave us with a smile on Fridays.....still laughing at that quip of his as he introduced "economist:pac: Jim Power"....classic Pat, classic!

I wonder does Mister Soft Landing still squirm when people call him names? :rolleyes:

Dear god, is there never an option to get two moderate contributors to discuss a topic... Always has to get the extremists, that foghorn Clare Daly and Bible Basher Ronán Mullen..

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Is he going to be on every day?????:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Is this a repeat of the other day? Why is Daly on - just cos she's a woman?

Mullen choosing stats to suit him self...90% of those *who responded* doesn't indicate a population-wide opinion. Usually only those with extreme opinions or want the status quo to change will bother to respond to such a poll.

• Advertisement

Oh make it stop... :(

I'd even take Ronan Collins over this..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement