Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Callan57 wrote: »
    The Garda training college is similar to a maternity hospital ......is this joker for real? He should be honest and admit his concern is his own position only :rolleyes:

Both are full of whingeing babies!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

We really shouldn't be sneering at the building regs in other countries, now should we?

Edit - a new genre of music. Instead of folksy dreck, we have U2 wannabees (Not too bad, I have to admit). We'll see if they get the trademark "WOW".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I'm guessing their influences are U2, U2 and eh.. U2...

Great band, first time I actually turned up the radio for one of Pat's music slots! (even if they do sound exactly like the Charlatans)

Yakuza wrote: »
    We really shouldn't be sneering at the building regs in other countries, now should we?

Edit - a new genre of music. Instead of folksy dreck, we have U2 wannabees (Not too bad, I have to admit). We'll see if they get the trademark "WOW".

Later period Charlatans too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Yakuza wrote: »

Edit - a new genre of music. Instead of folksy dreck, we have U2 wannabees (Not too bad, I have to admit). We'll see if they get the trademark "WOW".[/QUOTE]
    :D

Solely reserved for Hillbilly bands from the Ozarks who cross the ocean, hop off the morning flight and rush to RTE to sing in Studio for Pat and amaze him with the lead guitarists or drummers' Irish ancestry and how they intend to play seven gigs in as many nights, traversing from Done-ee-gal' on Monday to Wex-fow'ard on Tooosday and back to Sligo the next night.......and finishing up in Vicar Street where Pat will greet the weary troupe with yet another "Wow!, you bought a map?"

That aside, the band today were indeed well above the average mark for a PK musical interlude.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Yes i actually enjoyed the band today.

Different from the americana folksy crap that normally appeals to Pat (and someone like Cleatus the slack jawed yokel from the simpsons)

He normally turns on the charm BIG TIME if theres a female singer as well....

I want our economic crisis back!

Anyone else sick to their backteeth yet of the non-stop abortion "debate" (on all shows)?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

thats why he is on the big money

great interview

now wheel on the headcase:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Ronan Mullen is trying to get on but RTE see the caller ID and won't answer the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭touts

Great band, first time I actually turned up the radio for one of Pat's music slots! (even if they do sound exactly like the Charlatans)

They sounded exactly like numerous irish bands who have come and gone and no one remembers. But who knows maybe they will be the lucky ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭touts

Superb interview with that poor woman from the D case. Makes the bandwagon jumpers like Ronan Moaning and Ivana Bat**** seem like the shallow opportunist publicity seekers they are. RTE should ban anyone who has been interviewed more than ten times on the abortion issue and maybe then people who are genuinely impacted on both sides will get a chance to be heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,042 ✭✭✭✭neris

was a very good interview with that lady but the idiotic text at the end from Mick was ridiculous. Rte try to be fair and balanced and these idiots think Rte should be there to serve their agendas/beliefs and push anti abortion outrage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Strainient?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Another one of the Taliban now ... so I'm off to Lyric :mad:

"There's no glory without the cross"....I can imagine in my mind's eye the auld biddy that wrote that nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Put the baby to sleep in the comfort of the mothers womb

Mike Baldwin up to his old tricks and creating trouble for Ken Barlow, i suspect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Mike Baldwin up to his old tricks and creating trouble for Ken Barlow, i suspect.

"Baaaaaaaarlow"...

I think Mike had a penchant for the younger ladies more so than Ken Barlow all the same..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

touts wrote: »
    Superb interview with that poor woman from the D case. Makes the bandwagon jumpers like Ronan Moaning and Ivana Bat**** seem like the shallow opportunist publicity seekers they are. RTE should ban anyone who has been interviewed more than ten times on the abortion issue and maybe then people who are genuinely impacted on both sides will get a chance to be heard.

even if you don't like Ivana she's hardly a bandwagon jumper, she's been calling for abortion law for decades.

• Advertisement

Ah, here we are, back with the folksy 'Merican muzak. We should get the "Wow" today for sure...

Edit : Now Wow today.
    Hmm, maybe he reserves his Wows for live performances. And the fact that that song was God-awful (even relative to other folksy stuff), maybe he couldn't bring himself to day it. She sounded drunk (while singing a song about her drinking, so not a huge stretch of the auld imagination).

Homer-sandwich.jpg

that fulvio woman is a patronising pain in d hole. whats wrong with a good crisp sandwich

could someone please tell me what is going on. all i hear is shouting and somthing about a college

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

neris wrote: »
    that fulvio woman is a patronising pain in d hole. whats wrong with a good crisp sandwich

... and a couple of Easi singles (minus the plastic wrapper of course) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,073 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Shut the door on you're way out Patricia.

neris wrote: »
    whats wrong with a good beetroot and crisp sandwich

FYP.

Today's Friday Gathering is priceless "waah waah wahh I'm leaving the studio"

and whos the whiny one who keeps threatening to walk out. Im waiting for her to burst out in tears crying "they wont let me speak pat, i want to go home... mummy mummy"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

I was typing while half listening to this and just heard Patricia Casey say she was leaving. God I'd hate her to be my psychologist!

I'm not sure I can take another few months of abortion discussion. Bring back the economists!

• Advertisement

I wish Pat would tell that petulant wagon to feck off if she wants to.

For all her griping about not getting a word in, hers is the only voice I seem to be hearing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement