Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,493 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Ah, I remember Carrie Crowley, she was from Waterford though not Cork ;)

She became an actress and she also does a lot of voice over work.

http://irishequity.ie/component/option,com_comprofiler/task,userProfile/user,699/Itemid,26/

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0189713/

Ah fair play to you yet again.
    She was very good on the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Callan57 wrote: »
    Ah holy God! next thing you two will be praising Donnacha ;)
    I remember my parents used to listen to Donnacha's show but he wasn't my cup of tea.

I will admit to loving the late Ciaran MacMathuna's Sunday morning radio programme - '"Mo Cheol Thu". He had a wonderful voice and a fantastic knowledge of Irish Traditional Music.

Everytime I hear the theme tune - 'The Lark in the Clear Air' it takes me back to my childhood - sweet memories :)

* I'm off to sign up to the Oulwan and Oulfella's forum :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I remember my parents used to listen to Donnacha's show but he wasn't my cup of tea.

I will admit to loving the late Ciaran MacMathuna's Sunday morning radio programme - '"Mo Cheol Thu". He had a wonderful voice and a fantastic knowledge of Irish Traditional Music.

Everytime I hear the theme tune - 'The Lark in the Clear Air' it takes me back to my childhood - sweet memories :)

* I'm off to sign up to the Oulwan and Oulfella's forum :o

Still miss Ciaran, what a wonderful broadcaster he was and irreplaceable on Sunday morning.
    He had a woman on who recited poetry from time to time and I think her first name was Blannad, wonderful to hear her recite the poem Fontenoy 1745 by Emily Lawless

http://www.clarelibrary.ie/eolas/coclare/literature/fontenoy_1745.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

signostic wrote: »
    He had a woman on who recited poetry from time to time and I think her first name was Blannad, wonderful to hear her recite the poem Fontenoy 1745 by Emily Lawless...
    Blathnaid Irvine. I know nothing about her, but I remember the name and a good speaking voice.

Ah fair play to you yet again.
    She was very good on the radio.
    Carrie Crowley has a lovely warm comfortable voice with a smile built into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Carrie Crowley has a lovely warm comfortable voice with a smile built into it.

Isn't she doing the voice over on the AM DRAM prog & I'm sure I saw her recently on The Works with John Kelly. You are absolutely right though she has a smile in her voice. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Lionel Shriver will be talking about her new book We Need To Talk About Kevin apparently. :rolleyes:
    Why does Pat do literary stuff when he clearly has zero interest.

Or perhaps one could be charitable and say he got his wires crossed cos he's talking to Kevin (Moran) atm...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

What was that interruption?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,186 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Lionel Shriver will be talking about her new book We Need To Talk About Kevin apparently. :rolleyes:

Or perhaps one could be charitable and say he got his wires crossed cos he's talking to Kevin (Moran) atm...

That book is 10 years old and was made into a film 2-3 years. I'm sure Pat had her on when the book came out first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

That Moyross accent has to be the worst accent EVER.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,037 ✭✭✭✭neris

surprised football expert pat didnt devote the whole show to fergies retirement.

neris wrote: »
    surprised football expert pat didnt devote the whole show to fergies retirement.

I dont think I could listen to any more of that annoying git that he had on. Not Kevin Moran, the other smart a$$, really didnt like him at all.

Good AFTERNOON. What time zone is Galway in these days.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

That Moyross accent has to be the worst accent EVER.

No whaadd-eye mee-ann! :rolleyes: Says a lot for the education system out there:confused:

Little shltes with their "pet" horses think the world owes them a living. Ireland's entitlement culture at its' worst.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Good AFTERNOON. What time zone is Galway in these days.. :D

Always ahead of our time here. :)

Lapin wrote: »
    Always ahead of our time here. :)

Or possibly just not able to read a clock :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Or possibly just not able to read a clock :D

A what :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,675 ✭✭✭serfboard

I heard that and couldn't believe I heard Pat say it. I'll let him off by saying that he was probably looking at several things at once and the producer was probably talking in his ear at the same time.

Seriously though, even if he didn't know about the book, would he not be familiar with the film?

He might have had a brief that said Lionel Shriver "who wrote the book ..." and he thought that was her new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

The school principal on to complaining about dirty tricks by Fine Gael and then gets caught by the bollox when Pat forces him to admit that he is a member of the United Left Alliance and it turns out he has a political agenda.

Dirty tricks leading to dirty tricks! A plague on all their houses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I'm not fan of the ULA but to be fair the principal wasn't really up to any dirty tricks, pretty much just saying it as it happened. He wasn't caught out as it's in the open that he's a member of the ULA before Pat asked him, he never tried to hide it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Pat was going around Enya's castle on an electric bicycle

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

snubbleste wrote: »
    Pat was going around Enya's castle on an electric bicycle
    People will do anything to get a goo at Enya's pad. :D

I know what that guy meant ... but 200K by bike is still 200K by foot

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I'm not fan of the ULA but to be fair the principal wasn't really up to any dirty tricks, pretty much just saying it as it happened. He wasn't caught out as it's in the open that he's a member of the ULA before Pat asked him, he never tried to hide it.
    He was supposed to be on to explain what happened re the school extension and the role of the local Fine Gael TD, but straitaway launched into a political speech about SNAs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,811 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I know what that guy meant ... but 200K by bike is still 200K by foot
    AFAIK in order to get your"award" for the camino you have to walk a certain amount of miles, or you can do it by bike but it's a helluva lot more miles. I think that's probably what be was trying to get at, but just very badly!

Roger_007 wrote: »
    He was supposed to be on to explain what happened re the school extension and the role of the local Fine Gael TD, but straitaway launched into a political speech about SNAs etc.
    No, he didn't.

First he said that getting school buildings was a process that was not open to political representations or interference, and said a bit about who was involved - bodies like the school's BoM and Department of Education officials. Then he went on to say that the only contact the school had with the TD was in relation to losing a SNA, and that nothing came of that contact.

In any event, the interview with the principal was merely background to the story that was being covered, which was that the TD's assistant had removed and disposed of a large number of freesheet newspapers because the TD was subject to unfavourable coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Id rather a job on 30k than no job at all, but then again I'm in the private sector where you have to live in the real world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Roger_007 wrote: »

P. Breathnach got in there before me, but what he said.

Timmy Dooley talking bullsh1t yet again ... why didn't he do his analysis of public transport in the years he was in govt. Spoofer of the highest order :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Timmy Dooley talking bullsh1t yet again ... why didn't he do his analysis of public transport in the years he was in govt. Spoofer of the highest order :mad:

Plus when Pat asked him what the other bus companies drivers were on he didn't answer I suspect its the same or lower. I see Pats back to his usual bluegrass type shiiite, that rock band he had on last week were a rare exception.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement