Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

There have been at least a few occasions recently where The PK Show has been slow to react to breaking news

The day the Greens initially said they were going to pull out of government (before Christmas) Pat comes on and says something like
    "and apparently the Greens are leaving Government, more on that later, but first Mick something is in studio 2, let's have a song from him"

Then last week they spent ages eulogising Mary Harney the morning after she retired, when the real story was that Cowen had 'retired' 3 other Ministers and the Greens were refusing to let him replace them.

There are times when breaking news dictates that you rip up your schedule. It doesn't matter who has driven up from Galway or who you have lined up to take your phonecall.

Newstalk are much quicker to react to these things. I know RTE is a different type of station but you would expect better from what is supposed to be a Current Affairs Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Wester

Is it just me or was anyone else cringing when PK and Des Cahill mentioned the Andy Gray/Woman assistant ref. today and yesterday? I was praying that neither of them went OTT and said something out of line cause you just know they have the ability to just say something completely Neanderthal, like PK and his "run-in" with Dawn French on the Late Late Show a few years back. Either him or Cahill is likely to say something, completely innocently, but totally offensive at the same time; there's just such an awkwardness about them both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

SkidMark wrote: »
    "and apparently the Greens are leaving Government, more on that later, but first Mick something is in studio 2, let's have a song from him"

ah come on, he couldnt keep these guys waiting.
    hickband.jpg

Wester wrote: »
    like PK and his "run-in" with Dawn French on the Late Late Show a few years back.

lol.. forgot about that.. yeah, dont think pat can take the moral high ground on this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

Wester wrote: »
    Is it just me or was anyone else cringing when PK and Des Cahill mentioned the Andy Gray/Woman assistant ref. today and yesterday? I was praying that neither of them went OTT and said something out of line cause you just know they have the ability to just say something completely Neanderthal, like PK and his "run-in" with Dawn French on the Late Late Show a few years back. Either him or Cahill is likely to say something, completely innocently, but totally offensive at the same time; there's just such an awkwardness about them both.

Off the Ball have a irregular feature, "Good clean fun with Pat Kenny", for those cringey moments between Pat and Des. Like the time Pat unknowing read out the text - "Is it true that Gavin Henson goes into church after every match?".

Rubik. wrote: »
    Off the Ball have a irregular feature, "Good clean fun with Pat Kenny", for those cringey moments between Pat and Des

Yeah heard that.. lol... love the way they take the piss out of Joe Duffy's fukup on Liveline as well..

Joe: "Mary, are you there?"..
    Mary: "Hi Joe, I wanted to say.. " ... line goes dead
    Joe:" Mary.. we've lost Mary.. let's go to Tom... .. Tom are you there.." silence
    Joe (sounding pissed off): "ok take a break"....

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Cole

Rubik. wrote: »
    ........for those cringey moments between Pat and Des.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

jaysus pat actually putting some good questions to micky martin about his motivation behind wanting a 5 way debate.

even chucked joes favourte clip of the day at him conscerning bertie and the stadium

:)

the show will probably still go to pot after 11 or so but its been good so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

the show will probably still go to pot after 11 or so but its been good so far.

and it's gone....

yeah as soon as he started going on about richard dawkins i knew we were in for a crap fest.

off to newstalk.

i cant usually stand tom but jesus i need to get away from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

more cooking on the wireless now, the PK show is really sh1t today,

• Advertisement

back on the politics/current affairs bit and guess what.

its actually interesting again.

take the fecking hint pat !

seems to be a bit of a shinner love in too. wonders will never cease :)

am i the only one that see's parralels between the "state monopoly" they keep going on about in relation to aer lingus and RTE ?

ALL the talk about perks and unreasonable wages and working conditions just scream it out to me.

wonder if pats a little self conscious ?

Everyone over on Newstalk yet?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Poly wrote: »
    Everyone over on Newstalk yet?

Just now. I had to listen in for the angelus to wash out all that mucky athiest stuff that was on earlier. I needed a spiritual top up.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Hopping mad here listening to these gombeen buffoons from South Tipp. FF will be just fine in this part of the country. :mad::mad::mad:

Oh and btw, Mattie McGrath is NOT an independent ye morons!!!

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

Ah good aul matty mcgrath. where ever theres a mic or a radio interviewer theres matty. that segment just shows the vanity and self love of tds in their local areas. I hope matty mcgrath gets turfed out at the election so we dont have to listen to his drivel for the next few years and changing his mind on issues

neris wrote: »
    Ah good aul matty mcgrath. where ever theres a mic or a radio interviewer theres matty. that segment just shows the vanity and self love of tds in their local areas. I hope matty mcgrath gets turfed out at the election so we dont have to listen to his drivel for the next few years and changing his mind on issues

I'm not sure if they were being serious or not about being disappointed Matty didn't bring the chocolate bars this time round (this time he only had leaflets outlining, y'know, policies and boring stuff like that! :rolleyes:) but I wouldn't put it past them.

That old lad going on about Matty being great for going to funerals and not seeing the others was said without a hint of sarcasm. D'unbelievable! :mad:

Sane people of South Tipp, I feel sorry for you.

fionnan sheehan getting a slagging about the missus running for FF so he points out he's no different than tubs and mirriam down the hall in having relations in politics

first time ive heard someone point that out on RTE .

EDIT.

oh christ , mary lousie o donnel alert !

first time ive heard someone point that out on RTE.

Gerry Adams pointed it out to Tubridy himself on the LLS.

telekon wrote: »
    Gerry Adams pointed it out to Tubridy himself on the LLS.

So did George Hook and Apres Match.

• Advertisement

With all their funny voices, impressions, accents etc etc.. I think we should have Tubridy and Mary Louise O'Donnell do a radio play.. maybe Gone With The Wind, or Casablanca

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Listening to her on PK now I'm wondering, if Marie Louise O'Dramatic appeared on Liveline would Joe ask her if she can talk properly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

What is the point in sending Paddy O'Gorman and his dog around the country to interview single mothers on the dole ?

What purpose does it serve ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

my heart bleeds Paddy...

Lapin wrote: »
    What is the point in sending Paddy O'Gorman and his dog around the country to interview single mothers on the dole ?

Will you have a bit of sympathy.. that woman "fell" pregnant.. it wasnt her fault.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

he is so patronising . in every interview he does.

Did Pat just say, "we're going to have a politics free segment right now"?????? Dont' make me laugh!!

Sorry Pat, the last politics segment was on at 10.30. Since then you've had that shrieking woman, a guy on about Ronald Reagan and the "evil empire" speech (no, not Tubs and its about a book not strictly construed as 'political') and going around pawn shops with dreary o'gorman.

Don't even pretend anymore that this is anything like a political/current affairs show. Maybe because there's no music or cooking today, pat has duped himself into thinking its all been political?? Dunno?!? :confused:

Theyre on about hotel deals now. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

It serves to advise the listening public that in most towns in Ireland there are punters sitting in pubs around midday drinking pints and having a sing song at John Q Taxpayers expense.

bearing in mind that hundreds of thousands of immigrants arrived on our shores with limited English and got themselves jobs, it would leave one a little perplexed why these people cannot do the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

How can someone as unpolished as Terry Prone work in the business she does??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Check the back of her neck- pure polished brass.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement