Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 €45.45

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

thanks for that Mono. its doesnt really answer the question clearly though. i assume that windows SB somehow ties itself to the Mobo? so the CPU/RAM/HDD can still be changed?

ok so its conclusive that even though its an upgrade, it can be used to do a clean install, by just using the product key and using a retail DVD/iso to install?

and im assuming i can reinstall it multiple times on the same system through a HDD format etc incase anything goes head over heals?
    god microsoft is annoying and hard to understand. i really need to learn to use linux.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

You can stick it on as many computers as you want as long as you ring the automated line to deactivate the old computer. Windows update will handle the rest. Installed it about 6-7 times already ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

cgarrad wrote: »
    You can stick it on as many computers as you want as long as you ring the automated line to deactivate the old computer. Windows update will handle the rest. Installed it about 6-7 times already ;-)
    thats what i wanted to hear. thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

cgarrad wrote: »

whats the number?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

The Windows activation dialogue box will tell you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Condi wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Btw Condi, I've tried several prepaid Credit cards and they didn't work for me.
    Had to use real credit card in the end.

Advertisement