Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Was +5 through 11 holes but has clawed back some and sits at +3.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,774 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Ruu wrote: »
    Was +5 through 11 holes but has clawed back some and sits at +3.

If he gets a bird on par 5 now - wouldn't be the worst day ever.

Dropped a shot on the last to finish +4.

Currently -2 for the day, +2 overall. Needs to be +1 or better to make the cut I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Birdied 14, 15 & 16.

-3 for the day and +1 for the tournament. Go on Paddy you legend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭webels

Currently -2 for the day, +2 overall. Needs to be +1 or better to make the cut I'd say.
    Just +1 now

Beauty of a putt on 14.

9ft putt for par on 17.....and he misses back to +2

Unfortunately another bogey at 18 and back to +3. Fingers crossed he has a decent front 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Great effort from Padraig, but not to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭abff

vienne86 wrote: »
    Great effort from Padraig, but not to be.

He may still be in with a chance. There's now only 81 players on +2 or better. It's possible the cut may go out to +3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Would be great if it did drift out to +3 but I doubt it unless conditions deteriorate...I'd nearly prefer it stayed at +1 as the thoughts of just missing out by a shot is depressing....was a really decent effort by him I think but he had a couple of really makable puts on a couple of par 5s according to shot tracker which would have made the difference....where is he next?

abff wrote: »
    He may still be in with a chance. There's now only 81 players on +2 or better. It's possible the cut may go out to +3.

I'd love that to happen, but scoring seems to be low today.

Nuts cut to +2...needs a few more to drop shots for +3 to be the cut and I think there a weather stop now...would be gutting for Shane and paddy to miss out by a shot!

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    Nuts cut to +2...needs a few more to drop shots for +3 to be the cut and I think there a weather stop now...would be gutting for Shane and paddy to miss out by a shot!

Weather stop is bad news for Shane and Padraig. Likely that players will be finishing in calmer conditions tomorrow morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Weather stop is bad news for Shane and Padraig. Likely that players will be finishing in calmer conditions tomorrow morning.

It was never going to go out to +3 anyway.

HighLine wrote: »
    It was never going to go out to +3 anyway.

I agree that it was unlikely, but there were enough players still out on the course at level par or worse and a pick up in wind might have caused enough of these players to drop shots. With a morning restart, that prospect has more or less vanished.

I agree that it was unlikely, but there were enough players still out on the course at level par or worse and a pick up in wind might have caused enough of these players to drop shots. With a morning restart, that prospect has more or less vanished.

Yeah I think you're right...there aren't enough guys on +1 or 2 still out on the course so you're relying on the level par guys to get dragged down which is now less likely to happen if play is finished for the day.....suddenly that 5/6 footer for birdie on the last par 5 he had becomes all the more important but sometimes that's just the way it rolls..

Still not a bad week for Padraig - much better watching him now than last year!

vienne86 wrote: »
    Still not a bad week for Padraig - much better watching him now than last year!

I'm not sure Padraig would see it that way. A missed cut is a missed cut, whether it's by 1 stroke or 10. Having said that, his game is definitely in better shape than this time last year and he has the playoffs to look forward to.

He's currently 80th in the rankings and should probably make it through to week 2, but will need to play a lot more consistently if he's going to make it through to the last 70 and it would be a huge achievement if he could make it into the Tour Championship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

His play has definitely been better than last year but is anyone else disappointed he didn't build on that Honda victory a bit more? I'm not saying I expected him to go out and win another 3 or 4 times but I thought we might start to see him make a few Top 25's at least. The only really good showing I can recall was the Open and even that run ended very quickly and in disappointing fashion. Hopefully he can make a good stab at the play offs.

His play has definitely been better than last year but is anyone else disappointed he didn't build on that Honda victory a bit more? I'm not saying I expected him to go out and win another 3 or 4 times but I thought we might start to see him make a few Top 25's at least. The only really good showing I can recall was the Open and even that run ended very quickly and in disappointing fashion. Hopefully he can make a good stab at the play offs.

Yes, his form has been very disappointing apart from the first three rounds of the Open. Like you, I had hoped he'd kick on after his win in the Honda, but it just hasn't happened.

The good news is that he has secured his card for the next two seasons, his win in the Honda gets him into some more high ranking events and he still has the playoffs to look forward to. Mind you, he would need to pick up a few points next week to be sure of making it through to the last 100 and he will need at least one very strong performance ot two moderate performances to get through to round 3 of the play offs.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Jazzzman

I think in Jan we'd all have been happy with a PGA Tour victory!

All in all, a great year for Padraig.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Mr.Goodman

Jazzzman wrote: »
    I think in Jan we'd all have been happy with a PGA Tour victory!

All in all, a great year for Padraig.

It was a great year but it is not over yet.Padraig for the big win in the Fed Ex!!!!:)

Mr.Goodman wrote: »
    It was a great year but it is not over yet.Padraig for the big win in the Fed Ex!!!!:)

It's certainly been a lot better year than might have been expected based on his erratic form over the previous couple of years. But I think Padraig (and a lot of his fans, myself included) will be disappointed if his win in the Honda proves to be a flash in the pan and does not lead to some kind of return to more consistent form.

Progress in the playoffs would be a huge plus. If he makes it to the third round, I think he would have reason to be satisfied with the season as a whole and it would be fantastic (and would definitely make this a great year) if he could make it through to the Tour Championship.

What the win in the Honda does is give him the opportunity to play regularly on the PGA Tour over the next two seasons, but he needs to take advantage of this opportunity and so far, he has not built on the win. But here's hoping he can do so over the next few weeks.

It would also be nice to see him feature in the final series on the Race to Dubai, but this will also require an improvement in form if he is to make a real impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Will need to break par today, currently projected as 102nd in fed ex rankings if he misses the cut.

PAr 3's and his driving seem to have killed him yesterday. Driving as usual seems to be a problem, particular last time out...down in the 20/30s% fairways hit which just isnt good enough......in fairness, +3 doesnt seem to be a disgrace....rose, spiedt and poulter all had worse rounds....did conditions deteriorate maybe? will have to do much better if he's going to make the cut and by the looks of it, the next round of the fedex....personally, i think it will be really disappointing to not go any further having actually won this year. A few solid performance during the year in addition to this might have seen him through to the final series....but today is another day and hopefully yesterday was his usual bad round out of the way....will be crossing fingers as usual!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭me89

Another poor round in progress, the win masking over what in truth has been a pretty poor year.

Nightmare round. +7 overall. 1 win, 2 top 50s, 1 top 20, a few finishes but a lot of missed cuts (i hate seeing 3 missed cuts in a row when looking at results). Plenty to do.

• Advertisement

Nightmare round. +7 overall. 1 win, 2 top 50s, 1 top 20, a few finishes but a lot of missed cuts (i hate seeing 3 missed cuts in a row when looking at results). Plenty to do.

Ach no! Such a pity - I had high hopes after the Honda.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement