Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Anyone but Garcia!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Birdies 11 to go back to -11 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭medic087

Nice Birdie. Come on Padraig !!

fullstop wrote: »
    Of course it is, but when you come in with your first post on the thread about a minute after his challenge for a major ends in the final round with "typical Harrington", that's hardly commenting objectively is it? (Not aimed at you obviously)

It ain't over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

I THINK he birdied 11 - at least that's what the leaderboard is suggesting

• Advertisement

If we all collectively do a rain dance to smite all those on -13 or above then you never know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

If we all collectively do a rain dance to smite all those on -13 or above then you never know
    Yeah, probably the best PH can hope for now is -13 so anyone above that would have to drop down.

Just looking there - that 11th hole is a par 3 - he birdied it - so got in the hole in 2

Does that mean that he literally hits off the tee - and the VERY NEXT shot is in the hole.

Impressive if so especially given that he was struggling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

my friend wrote: »
    Anyone but Garcia!

Bogey, bogey, what other powers do you have? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Old diesel wrote: »
    Just looking there - that 11th hole is a par 3 - he birdied it - so got in the hole in 2

Does that mean that he literally hits off the tee - and the VERY NEXT shot is in the hole.

Impressive if so especially given that he was struggling

Are you joking?? You're a golf forum regular or am I missing some sarcasm here???

• Advertisement

Are you joking?? You're a golf forum regular or am I missing some sarcasm here???

My apologies :(

I thought it was impressive - but I get that par 3s are short holes so youd be getting near the hole on the first shot anyway - all going well.

Edit - I meant impressive in the context that he was struggling a bit after the double bogie nightmare at the 6th - rather then impressive in a general sense

Ruu wrote: »
    Bogey, bogey, what other powers do you have? ;)

Has P got 'the stare' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭abff

A six at the 14th unfortunately. Ah well.

Still T10 at the moment after that bogie

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Another bogey, the DB finished him.

Good to see him contending though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Rolls in a beaut on 16 for birdie, back inside the top 10.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

Amazing birdie...putt of the tournament.

C'mon Leishman

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

75 for Harrington.

Finished -7.

All seemed to be going so well after 4 holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Ah there's the real man we all know

Bit of a bummer on those last 2 holes

Still he finishes T21

What does that mean for world rankings and the like?????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Disappointed in the finish, he will be too. Was hoping he would be -10 or thereabouts, would have been a nice jump in the rankings. Not sure what his finish today will put him.

See ye for the WGC Bridgestone. Choo choo. :)

Ruu wrote: »
    Disappointed in the finish, he will be too. Was hoping he would be -10 or thereabouts, would have been a nice jump in the rankings. Not sure what his finish today will put him.

See ye for the WGC Bridgestone. Choo choo. :)

That 17th hole has been a difficult hole ALL WEEK afaik

Being honest - wed have taken T20 at the start of the week - its just a bit of a bummer given where he was after 4 holes.

However - this kind of thing DOES happen on the last day - especially in a Major. Poulter is an example from the Honda - and didn't Rory lose a Major in 2011 due to a very bad final day - think he was 4 shots ahead in the final day.

Still has something positive to build on from this week - which to be fair in terms of positions - is still his 2nd best performance this year.

The Players felt more positive though simply because he came through strong on the final day.

I assume that top 30 in a major still brings a tidy amount of world ranking points.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Thanks for giving us something to cheer about this week Padraig!

It's a great shame he went into that bush and made a double early on but he gave us a great subplot in what was an exceptional tournament.

His Sunday was fantastic and his smile on 16th after that fantastic putt today is why I and many others will continue to support him. Still enjoying everything despite how things unraveled.

He's a hero and onwards to the WGC at Firestone and the US PGA. Cheers for the excitement this weekend Paddy :)

I wonder where his world ranking will be now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,774 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

He fell apart at the end, but with him it is all or nothing in a major.

Remarkable to see someone that confident - and in a country obsessed with money - sort of not giving a **** about the money side of things

• Registered Users Posts: 17,807 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

A little disappointing considering the start he got today, a 67 would of got him into the playoff, but still it's great to see him competing in the final round of a major and there's definitely one more in him

He fell apart at the end, but with him it is all or nothing in a major.

Remarkable to see someone that confident - and in a country obsessed with money - sort of not giving a **** about the money side of things

17s been a tricky hole all week though in fairness - and it was a round he struggled in after the double bogie at the 6th hole.

One of his difficulties this year has been that he can be going VERY nicely in an event flying along - and he hits a bad hole and his performance drops off.

Shell Hueston, Arnold Palmer, the Irish Open and even Pebble Beach are all examples. Don't want to be coming across as overly critical of him though - because the reason I follow him and this thread with interest is because I really do respect the guy.

Still a lot of positives for him to take away from the week I think for the longer term.

The key one is that HE WAS in contention at one stage in the final day of a major.

Yes sure - he had his difficulties - but it hopefully shows HIM what he still has the potential to do.

And THAT will hopefully help get more good days in the future.

But even if he retired in the morning - hes still a top guy in my eyes

OWGR has been updated. Padraig up from 102 to 95.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

Ye what?? Care to elaborate??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement