Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Into the gorse. Not looking good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Balls, hitting from the tee again. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Bag of balls...into the gorse..with so many in the mix there's no room for errors like that....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Andd there it is :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

What a swipe off the tee.

• Advertisement

Staring a double in the face here...will need to go on an epic birdie run to catch up...not looking good...leaderboard just too tight...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

This wouldn't be the Paddy we know and love without a little drama here and there. Especially on the final day of a major, whilst in contention :)

I believe in those eyes!!

Looking like a double.

This wouldn't be the Paddy we know and love without a little drama here and there. Especially on the final day of a major, whilst in contention :)

I believe in those eyes!!

If he makes double it's over. Too many in contention and making birdies as well.

Back to -11.

• Advertisement

DB on a very birdieable hole. His challenge is all but finished

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Classic Harrington.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

And they've arrived :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bloody hell, -16 is the lead now!

Another bogey. Back to -10

fullstop wrote: »
    And they've arrived :rolleyes::rolleyes:

We arrived and we are correct.

Cry me a river.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭me89

John.Icy wrote: »

Cry me a river.

Boring

Cry me a river.

Jeez aren't you great, not a peep out of you until he has a bad hole then straight in trolling :rolleyes:

Another bogey. Back to -10

Held an 8ft putt for bogey whatever he was at on the Par 3. Top 10 would be a good result now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Cry me a river.

Begrudgers ,we have far too many in this country , common theme with them is they have never achieved as much a s a tiddlywinks win in their lives.

• Advertisement

Really disappointing after such a promising start...the challenge now will be to keep the wheels on and try and finish as high as he can....chance went with that drive....oh well,fair to say he's exceeded expectations to have been in with a shot....just not happening for him now....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Really enjoy having Haro at the front, hope he can squeeze a recent finish out of this and keep some momentum in the next few tournaments...

Begrudgers ,we have far too many in this country , common theme with them is they have never achieved as much a s a tiddlywinks win in their lives.

Oh for god sake.

To say I'm a begrudger of Harrington couldn't be further from the truth.

I am a long time fan of his, and he still remains my favourite golfer from our little country.

My comment 'classic harrington' didn't warrant a 'why are you here?' response so I responded accordingly. I have every right to pass comment in the thread (a perfectly suited comment no less). Read the first post even, this isn't a 'love only' thread. If any of you have watched him over the years, last round slip ups when in contention are sadly all too common of him, 'classic' even.

No need for the sensitivity shown. Christ, there's nothing more I would have wanted today than for Paddy to win it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Great credit due to the man for getting into contention in the first place

Its unfortunate hes now struggling - but one that happens in Golf A LOT imo - is things going wrong on the last day.

The way I look at it - is that he has done much better then we would have dared hoped for at the start of the week.

I felt at the start of the week that making the cut would be good going - but yet he was in contention on the final day.

His major challenge this year has been running into difficulties when in a good position - I make it possibly the 4th time this year hes had that issue.

But thing is - I still like and respect the guy - hes a top bloke - and I respect MASSIVELY for being out there and never giving up.

Ian Poulter at the Honda is a classic example of how things can go wrong on the final day - he was in the water from what I recall and other things went wrong for him on the day.

To illustrate - Poulter started that day from -8 if I recall correctly - yet Padraig won that day on -6

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Everybody relax. Leave the mods do the cleaning up

Thing is though - no matter how bad things go in the final 9 - theres DEFINITELY something there to build on from this week - and in some ways - this might drive him on more then the Honda win.

Key thing is - we can see he still has the potential ability - yesterday showed that and again the first 5 holes today.

Very tricky to convert the UNDOUBTED potential that's still there into the performance that can be achieved.

Still like the guy regardless

It is ok to like the guy and comment objectively though on his performance.

They were talking earlier about a lot of players bombing in the last few holes with 5s and 6s, will be interesting when all the groups have made the turn.

• Advertisement

pistol_75 wrote: »
    It is ok to like the guy and comment objectively though on his performance.

Of course it is, but when you come in with your first post on the thread about a minute after his challenge for a major ends in the final round with "typical Harrington", that's hardly commenting objectively is it? (Not aimed at you obviously)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement