Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Paddy has his Honda Classic diary up on FB. Thought the following quote was fairy typical of the man and I must say, I was one of the doubters who thought he should concentrate his efforts on lesser tours but, as he says, that wouldn't be him.
    It has been tough at times but the last couple of months, with my two wins, have made it worthwhile. I never doubted myself, I know a lot of people did and many asked me why I would do things differently, but then that wouldn’t be me. Just like I couldn’t make winning here easy, it’s always the hard way for me. I don’t feel any different now that I have won, as I always felt that the win was around the corner.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/10153205784933573/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,104 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Another very good and humorous interview with Paddy on Matt Cooper.
    He was thinking about doing the happy Gilmore drive on 18 (72nd hole)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

PARlance wrote: »
    Another very good and humorous interview with Paddy on Matt Cooper.
    He was thinking about doing the happy Gilmore drive on 18 (72nd hole)

He used to practice that a lot. Do you think he'll use it some day? 2 shots down on the last day of the open on the 18th.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭e.r

He used to practice that a lot. Do you think he'll use it some day? 2 shots down on the last day of the open on the 18th.

He said he does it when playing the pro-am's

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEbg7pw5Mco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,104 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Well he said he would have done it on the 18th on Monday if the wind hadn't have been up. He says he gets extra distance, and makes a better swing doing it, so it was something he considered and may have done if he thought he could get there in 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

This was on the Wednesday in practice I think, they have a long drive contest on the 10th hole. I really hope he doesn't do it in competition, he could look a right eejit if it went wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

That's class! Crowd seem to enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

The thoughts of him on the 18th on day 4 within a shot of the lead doing a happy Gilmore drive has me proper laughing here.

Imagine it all over the news the next day!!!!!!!

How can anyone not love that man. Doesn't give a flying fiddlers what anyone thinks.

If I ever get to meet him in person I'm going to just give him a big hug and tell him never to change anything he does. He is perfect and I love him. I wish he was my dad.
    I love my dad obviously but if I hadn't got him I'd pick Padraig as a replacement.
    I'd pick scarlet johanson as my mam.

Sorry for the tangents there.

Some comedy gold in this thread looking over the last few pages.
    Someone actually said that looking at Padraig on Monday with his pal they talked about how his swing was the same as it was in 08!!!!!

Thanks for the giggle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Jesus FR you on the top shelf already? ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Jesus FR you on the top shelf already? ;-)

Haven't had a drop ha. Just realised how off topic I got there reading back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭SevesThreeIron

Harrington is going to be on the Late, Late Show tonight. Should be interesting. Even Tubridy can't mess this up!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Valspar Championship 12th March is his next tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,818 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

dball wrote: »
    and very probably will.................

Well the only thing with Padraig - there will be no pause for Ryan to move in when not needed.

Padraig - is a dream interview. Just let him talk.

A little funny bit of research.

Seve is right - you can't go that wrong.

I'm as confident of this, as - Padraig is over a 4 footer. :P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Ive never seen the current late late show presenter do a good interview with a sports star. Padraig will make it interesting himself but it'll be no thanks to your man.

Ive never seen the current late late show presenter do a good interview with a sports star. Padraig will make it interesting himself but it'll be no thanks to your man.

Funny enough - he did interview Padraig - maybe twice over last 3 years.

One interview was interesting - well it was more Padraig admitted some stuff he hadn't before.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

A few posts have been deleted as they have nothing to do with golf. Keep this thread on topic. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

On first thank fcuk so don't have to watch the rest of the crap

On now

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Harro up first

• Advertisement

**** Sake - if he doesn't mention Boards - we may give up lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Like a child getting the Masters invite. Class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

**** Sake - if he doesn't mention Boards - we may give up lads.

Haha I was thinking exact same thing when he was talking about the reaction. Lads he is some nice bloke but **** tubbridy cant interview for **** and bairley give the man 5 mins I bet bet Taylor be on for half hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Man is a legend , the other is a tit. Ffs 10 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

"I've always wanted to say that" - Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

You have to love him.

Nice piece after watching the petulance of McIlroy earlier on.

In fairness to Dunnes - they tock a chance and it looks like it bloody worked.

Could have been longer - but Ryan did well enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Women in the crowd was excited about harrington getting into women's wear.
    Did yas see the little grin and nod she gave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Nice piece after watching the petulance of McIlroy earlier on.

Oh come on! Did Rory's actions leave you that scarred? I think I have see him lose it twice on a golf course.

Anyway... it's great seeing Padraig in such good spirits... and his excitement for The Masters is almost like it's his first time again!

• Advertisement

Same day the unions in Dunnes decide for industrial action..... PR dollars working hard.

Sorry don't get you - which day ?

Today
    or
    release of clothing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement